• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Urgent- DV Lottery 2010

chouchou597

Hi everybody!
I would like to join the dv lottery 2010 but I have some difficulties at the question number 6 (country of eligibility of the dv program)!The question is : Are you claiming eligibility based on the country where you were born? Yes / No
and the 2nd question is: "if no, you must enter the country from which you are claiming eligibility.
I was born in Algeria in 1966 my parents were born in the same country as me but live in France since 1954. All my brothers and sisters are born in France. I m naturalized French.
So, please I need to know if I must enter "yes" at the first question or must I enter "no" and put France at the second question?
Many thanks in advance for your help and quick answer because today is the last day.

You have to claim eligibilty from the country of your birth. If i read it correctly, you were born in Algeria -- eligibilty is determined by the country you were born in. You should claim the eligibilty of Algeria, not France. I am not 100% sure though, let's wait for one more answer.

Recent photograph

In terms of "age" of photo, what would classify as a "recent" photograph.
One taken today, last week, last month, 3 months ago, 6 months ago?????
There is no interpretation on the DV website .
Please help.
Thanks

Another question. Please respond.
Can my daughter (completed HS, now in college, but not 21 yet) apply DV 2010 for herself.

It said something in the instructions that there is no age limit, but since you need minimum of HS diploma, they think 18 years is the age limit.

I know I have to mention her on my application , but was wondering if she still can apply for herself.

I know that spouses can fill out seperate entries. One for the husband being the primary applicant and wife derivative and one for wife being primary and husband derivative.

Any input appreciated.

they think 18 years is the age limit
It is not the age limit. They say not a lot of people from countries with 12-year system of education would apply. Nothing like that for countries with different education system.

Techically, the limit is about 12 years old (this limit is not a legal bound) - it is not easy to fill the entry for a person younger that 12. No problems with those born in 1995 or earlier.
but was wondering if she still can apply for herself
Sure.

I know that spouses can fill out seperate entries. One for the husband being the primary applicant and wife derivative and one for wife being primary and husband derivative
True