Urgent-485 approved letter.....Ginnu/Realcanadian..etc.,

revoke485

Registered Users (C)
Received 485 approved letter from local office

I got letter from USCIS local office that my 485 application has been approved.
and told to check the address.

But in the letter it says"
You should received your Permanent resident card somewhere between six and twelve months.In the event that you move,be sure to advice USCIS of your changed of address referencing the above "A" number in your letter.

questions1: I was wondering why it will take 6 months to 12 months to get the card.

questions2: I did not get a letter about coming to local office and get GC stamp in my passport.

question3: Do I will get a letter for Greencard stamping>

question4: If I go to India now does my EAD/AP is valid? before getting a physical card in hand?

Please advice.

I was wondering why it will take 6 months to 12 months to get the card.

It'll probably take 30 to 90 days.

I did not get a letter about coming to local office and get GC stamp in my passport.

You won't.

I will get a letter for Greencard stamping

You won't.

If I go to India now does my EAD/AP is valid? before getting a physical card in hand?

They're not. Wait the 60 days or so to get the card. You can try an Infopass appointment to get a temporary stamp in the passport, but the local office is under no obligation to give it to you.

thanks a lot RealCanadian..I was waiting for your answer since morning..

You have been real helpfull in my bad and good times..

Thanks so much for your support......

Does my EAD/AP are still valid?,Can I go to india on Advance parole?

If I take infopass appointment and ask for Greencard stamping does they may raise more questions?

RC., thanks !

Based on the information I got, I think its better to wait for 30 to 45 days and if i do not get the card then get the infopass and go to local office and ask for stamping... ...

But i don't know why it will take 30 to 60days to print a card for them?,Does it really?.

Or they have to send the application to USCIS in Vermont service center to order the card?

TheRealCanadian can you please suggest me...

I waited for 30days and not received the card, If I go to local USICS office and show the approvel 485 letter will they do Greencard stamp on my Passport.

Or will they ask more more questions ?, i am worried if they ask more questions.
Please advice?.its better to have passport stamping as the proof of approval.

RC., thanks !

Based on the information I got, I think its better to wait for 30 to 45 days and if i do not get the card then get the infopass and go to local office and ask for stamping... ...

But i don't know why it will take 30 to 60days to print a card for them?,Does it really?.

Or they have to send the application to USCIS in Vermont service center to order the card?
----------------------------------YES if you filed I-485 with VSC and later sent to Local office then local office after interview sends the file to VSC and VSC will send you the card. at the time of Interview did you sign the white form and gave index FP? if YES then it takes file to move back to VSC from Local office about 15-20 days then about 4-6 weeks for the Card
------------

TheRealCanadian can you please suggest me...

I waited for 30days and not received the card, If I go to local USICS office and show the approvel 485 letter will they do Greencard stamp on my Passport.
----YES, tell them you need to go out, take your I-485 approval letter, DL, Passport and go with Infopass
Or will they ask more more questions ?,
-----------No, what they wanted to ask they asked at the time of Interview

i am worried if they ask more questions.
Please advice?.
its better to have passport stamping as the proof of approval.
-YES
------------

Thanks Ginnu/RealCanadian..the below explaination of days helps a lot..i was checking the mailbox everyday...based on the below text i think i might have to wait another 30days. i will go for passport stamping.

When the VSC received the papers from local office and when they send the Plastic card, Can I see the LUD and messaged on the USCIS website for case status?, so that i can track the card online?

YES if you filed I-485 with VSC and later sent to Local office then local office after interview sends the file to VSC and VSC will send you the card. at the time of Interview did you sign the white form and gave index FP? if YES then it takes file to move back to VSC from Local office about 15-20 days then about 4-6 weeks for the Card

Ginnu/Realcanadian,,,,Please reply...I am planning on going to USCIS soon.!

When the VSC received the papers from local office and when they send the Plastic card, Can I see the LUD and message on the USCIS website for case status?, so that i can track the card online?

Did anyone received the plactic card yet after your case has been approved by local office...its been 60 days now ...No plastic card yet?...any suggesstions...

Thanks