Updates:Did you file your 140&485 before Sept 30th 2005 retro deadline?

Hi floyd777,

looks like we are on the same boat. Please inform if you receive any updates.

thanks
ind

140 receipt received but 485 checks not even cashed

Sent 140 and 485 documents together on 29th Sept to VSC. We received the 140 receipt but the 485 checks are not cashed and no 485 receipts for us. I am really worried about this

140 & 485 receipts received.

Hi All, I just received photocopies of my 140 & 485 and my wife's 485 receipts from my employer.

My wife name is misspelled in 485 receipt notice. What is the typical process to correct this.

And Dont worry guys you will receive in next 2 days.
My receipt date is sep 30th and Notice date is Oct 21st.

Thanks
Vj

VJ2004 said:
Hi All, I just received photocopies of my 140 & 485 and my wife's 485 receipts from my employer.

My wife name is misspelled in 485 receipt notice. What is the typical process to correct this.

And Dont worry guys you will receive in next 2 days.
My receipt date is sep 30th and Notice date is Oct 21st.

Thanks
Vj

hi vj2004

good to hear that you got all the receipts. hope we all get it soon..

Did other employees from your company who submitted with you receive their 485 receipt? Keep checking with VSC customer service every 2/3 days and ask them what could be the reason for this. Hope you would get it soon.

chicchu said:
Sent 140 and 485 documents together on 29th Sept to VSC. We received the 140 receipt but the 485 checks are not cashed and no 485 receipts for us. I am really worried about this

DSLstart said:
Did other employees from your company who submitted with you receive their 485 receipt? Keep checking with VSC customer service every 2/3 days and ask them what could be the reason for this. Hope you would get it soon.
Others did get 485 receipts. We are the only ones who got a 140 receipt but not 485 receipts. Attorney says some mailroom mistake and he is trying to get VSC correct it, I have no clue what that means.

Bio-metric notices received

We sent 140 and 485 documents together on 29th Sept to VSC. We received an appointment slip for bio-metric recording. I guess that means the 485 section is going along smoothly. Interestingly there are no receipts yet.

Have your checks been encashed then?

vmulla said:
We sent 140 and 485 documents together on 29th Sept to VSC. We received an appointment slip for bio-metric recording. I guess that means the 485 section is going along smoothly. Interestingly there are no receipts yet.

I received a biometric appointment for finger printing. My RD for 140/485/EAD/AP was September 30th and ND was October 24th.

Does anyone know how long on average it takes for EAD and AP after this step?

Also, I've heard conflicting reports on AP and H1. if you re enter the country on AP, is your H1 invalidated or is it still valid as long as you don't use your EAD card?

vmulla said:
The checks have been sent by my company, I have no idea about that.

EAD application processing starts only after biometrics.
As per my knowledge even if you've applied for 485 while rentering US you do not necessarily have to use AP. You can just enter on H visa. Use AP only if you've used EAD.

floyd777 said:
I received a biometric appointment for finger printing. My RD for 140/485/EAD/AP was September 30th and ND was October 24th.

Does anyone know how long on average it takes for EAD and AP after this step?

Also, I've heard conflicting reports on AP and H1. if you re enter the country on AP, is your H1 invalidated or is it still valid as long as you don't use your EAD card?

Thanks,

But I saw somewhere that you can use your AP to re-enter without using EAD and still being on H1.

If EAD is used only then your H1 is invalid and you need AP to re-enter.

Any comments

DSLstart said:
EAD application processing starts only after biometrics.
As per my knowledge even if you've applied for 485 while rentering US you do not necessarily have to use AP. You can just enter on H visa. Use AP only if you've used EAD.

485s returned back saying visa numbers not available

485s came back today saying visa numbers not available even though they are received on 30th. Attorney is saying he will send them back as he has all proof they are received on 30th. He said there cases like that from TSC and they sent those back to that special address or whatever. He is trying to find the appropriate place to send them again to VSC . If any similar cases, please do post your info here which might help our case

Today i received the receipt for I 140 , but not for I 485. The checks were given by my attorney , so i cannot trace it.
Hopefully,485 should not come back....... :(

485 returned

My 485 application got returned saying that fees is not correct. Attorney has resent the application with the new filing fee.
chicchu said:
485s came back today saying visa numbers not available even though they are received on 30th. Attorney is saying he will send them back as he has all proof they are received on 30th. He said there cases like that from TSC and they sent those back to that special address or whatever. He is trying to find the appropriate place to send them again to VSC . If any similar cases, please do post your info here which might help our case

wheremylc said:
My 485 application got returned saying that fees is not correct. Attorney has resent the application with the new filing fee.
Hi wheremylc,
Please keep me posted what happened when they resent. Is it Vermont Service center ? I will post any updates from my side. What is your PD and is it EB2 or EB3
chicchu

I-140 Approved at NSC (RD 9/30/05)

EB2 PERM
I-140/I-485 filed on 9/29/05 at NSC

RD: 9/30/05
ND: 10/4/05
PERM original interfiled: 10/25/05
I-140 AD: 11/3/05

No bio-metric notice yet.

Congrats Meadow, great news that your I-140 got approved so soon from NSC. I have very similar dates but VSC.

HiddenMeadow said:
EB2 PERM
I-140/I-485 filed on 9/29/05 at NSC

RD: 9/30/05
ND: 10/4/05
PERM original interfiled: 10/25/05
I-140 AD: 11/3/05

No bio-metric notice yet.

floyd

As i am following the dates very closely.... VSC is taking more time in approving. Pl post here when rver you have your update. And also please all .... post your RD and ND so that we can know where we stand.

Thanks