Updates:Did you file your 140&485 before Sept 30th 2005 retro deadline?

I have got finger printing notices today, spoke to USCIS customer care people to change the office to nearest local office. They said go to the local office and schedule it.

Vj

Hi guys - help me..

Lawyer and USPS screwed my application, he mailed it on 29th but told me 27th.
Though it is overnight delivery,usps delivered it on Oct 1st.
My lawyer told we can resent it , as we have the proof that it was mailed on 29th.
is it possible to resent my application?
will USCIS accept my application? :mad:
Please reply guys..

padma kumar said:
Hi guys - help me..

Lawyer and USPS screwed my application, he mailed it on 29th but told me 27th.
Though it is overnight delivery,usps delivered it on Oct 1st.
My lawyer told we can resent it , as we have the proof that it was mailed on 29th.
is it possible to resent my application?
will USCIS accept my application? :mad:
Please reply guys..
I remember you mentioning that you have a I140 receipt. What is the RD on the I140 which you got through mail. Don't tell the RD based on the online casestatus. If your RD on the 140 receipt is before Oct1st and you sent these concurrently , then you might have a chance of resending them
chicchu

VSC Processing dates

Just saw the new Processing dates for VSC posted on Nov 4th. Looks like the dates are not moving atall for I140 at VSC
chicchu

Any Updates on your 485? Did the checks encashed ? Where did the attorney sent the papers?

chicchu said:
Babuhere,
Thanks so much for the info.Attorney did say yesterday that he knew about the TSC stuff and they had to send to attention to some John Pittman saying not to open in the mailroom. I have not seen any other case like ours in VSC. He said he was trying to find something similar for VSC and then today when my husband called him he said that he resent our 485s. I don't know if he really found some special attention thing like this and said not to open in mailroom or not. God knows what is going to happen, but I am getting sick of this.

chicchu said:
I remember you mentioning that you have a I140 receipt. What is the RD on the I140 which you got through mail. Don't tell the RD based on the online casestatus. If your RD on the 140 receipt is before Oct1st and you sent these concurrently , then you might have a chance of resending them
chicchu

Hi chicchu

The RD on the I140 receipt is 3rd oct. I guess i donot have a chance of resending them..

Chicchu
Did you get any updates from your lawyer? My lawyer sent the aapplication back on Nov 2nd. no response so far.
chicchu said:
chicchu

I fedex (I485/1130/I765) overnight to Chicago 9/22/05
Received 09/26/2005-problems with overnight
Notice Date 09/30/2005

Does anyone know where my forms would go if I sent them to Chicago? My checks were cashed in Indianapolis, but I was told my paperwork is at the National Benefits Center. Where is the National Benefits Center?

wheremylc said:
Chicchu
Did you get any updates from your lawyer? My lawyer sent the aapplication back on Nov 2nd. no response so far.
Wheremylc and babuhere -
He either sent it on friday last week or this monday. I have not heard anything from him until now and I doubt if I can know anything before end of next week. Next week I'll start asking him to check on if the checks are cashed or not. Lawyer sent them to VSC itself, but he said he wrote on the top- "Not to be opened in the mailroom, to be opened by a INS officer". Wheremylc, why did ur attorney have to resend yours on Nov2nd anyway. I thought I am the only one from VSC who has mailroom issue like the one happened in TSC ?
chicchu

Missing payment Fee I140

Hi,
I am silent browser of this forum and i am not much aware of the immigration stuff.
Need suggestions for missing payment fee for I 140.

Concurrent( I140/485) filed on 28-Sep-2005, and reached VSC on 29-Sep-2005.
My application had been denied and sent back as there was missing payment check for I140,apartfrom this check i gave my personal checks for other.
For I 140 check attorney said he is going to collect from my employer as its concerned about company info.
My attorney says he enclosed the check and it got misplaced by USCIS and he resent my application on 02-Nov-2005 again for reconsideration. with required documentation.
Will my application will be reconsider and processed as regular.?
your every point appreciated.
Thank you
Greg

For I-140 There should not be any problem as there is no retrogession associated with it. You can send it back anytime. You said 'My Application had been denied' Does this mean only your 140 had come back? If your 485 is still with them Then Everything should be ok for you, i think.

Greg2005 said:
Hi,
I am silent browser of this forum and i am not much aware of the immigration stuff.
Need suggestions for missing payment fee for I 140.

Concurrent( I140/485) filed on 28-Sep-2005, and reached VSC on 29-Sep-2005.
My application had been denied and sent back as there was missing payment check for I140,apartfrom this check i gave my personal checks for other.
For I 140 check attorney said he is going to collect from my employer as its concerned about company info.
My attorney says he enclosed the check and it got misplaced by USCIS and he resent my application on 02-Nov-2005 again for reconsideration. with required documentation.
Will my application will be reconsider and processed as regular.?
your every point appreciated.
Thank you
Greg

My attorney sent the application to VSC. I do not know what the mailroom issue is. My issue is that they asked for the increased fee. My attorney sent a single check for all the 485 applications of the family. They returned theapp saying that the fee is not correct.
So
chicchu said:
Wheremylc and babuhere -
He either sent it on friday last week or this monday. I have not heard anything from him until now and I doubt if I can know anything before end of next week. Next week I'll start asking him to check on if the checks are cashed or not. Lawyer sent them to VSC itself, but he said he wrote on the top- "Not to be opened in the mailroom, to be opened by a INS officer". Wheremylc, why did ur attorney have to resend yours on Nov2nd anyway. I thought I am the only one from VSC who has mailroom issue like the one happened in TSC ?
chicchu

NSC -EB2

I-140/485/EAD/AP RD: 7/20/05

I-140 LUD: 7/26/05(self)

AP LUD: 09/30/05 (self,RFE photos received)
EAD LUD: 09/27/05 (self,RFE photos received)

Bio metric: code 3- 10/02/2005 (me & wife)

I-485 LUD: 10/4/05 (self)
I-485 LUD: 10/4/05 (wife)

AP LUD: 09/14/05 (wife, approved)
EAD LUD: 09/21/05 (wife, approved)

11/07/05 - calles USCIS and started enqurity on I140 and it
takes one month to get the feedback)

Any one knows why delay on my I140?

Thank a lot
Edit/Delete Message

babuhere said:
For I-140 There should not be any problem as there is no retrogession associated with it. You can send it back anytime. You said 'My Application had been denied' Does this mean only your 140 had come back? If your 485 is still with them Then Everything should be ok for you, i think.

Thank you Babu,i haven't asked about it,my checks were not cashed and i called USICS they did not find any record on my name.I am not sure weather they sent only I140,i am going to talk to him and find out.

wheremylc said:
My attorney sent the application to VSC. I do not know what the mailroom issue is. My issue is that they asked for the increased fee. My attorney sent a single check for all the 485 applications of the family. They returned theapp saying that the fee is not correct.
So
Hey wheremylc,
Did u hear anything on yours. I did not hear anything on mine. What is your PD ?
Madhavi

wheremylc said:
So
HI babuhere and wheremylc,
I just had the attorney fax me the letters that say why the 485s have been rejected. The following is the reason exactly written - "Effective 10/26/05 there has been a fee increase. Please obtain the new filing fees before resubmitting your above application. A visa number will not be available to you upon approval of I140.To preserve your priotity date , your Form 140 has been retained for processing by this office. If a visa number becomes immediately available subsequently to the filing of Form I140, you will be elligible to file a FormI485 with proper fee with this office."

So, I understand it is more a filing fee issue and not a mailroom issue. I am really mad at the attorney for giving me wrong info. But I am wondering, if he gave the right checks as per Sept 29th fee , but since they came to open our applications so late- they were looking for a new fee of Oct26th instead of the old fee. I don't even know how the resubmission will help. Any information you know on this, please post here which will help me understand more what is going on.
chicchu

attorney's explanation

This is what the attorney wrote to me - "They are telling us that we filed after visa numbers were available so when we refile we must include the new fee. If the fee was wrong then the reason given would be that we submitted the incorrect amount"

He faxed me the copies of the checks he used- they were for $385, $175 and $165- is he right on those amounts ? He said he resubmitted with the same checks since he filed before Oct1st. chicchu

Looks like the new fees are different than you mentioned below. Please see

http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/index.htm

NEw fees are :
485 - $325 if you are above 14 otherwise 225
765 - $180
131 - $170

But you submitted when there was VISA numbers available. Right? What did your attorney say to VSC when sending papers along? Did he put any letter along explaining that those guys rejected the application wrongly?

chicchu said:
This is what the attorney wrote to me - "They are telling us that we filed after visa numbers were available so when we refile we must include the new fee. If the fee was wrong then the reason given would be that we submitted the incorrect amount"

He faxed me the copies of the checks he used- they were for $385, $175 and $165- is he right on those amounts ? He said he resubmitted with the same checks since he filed before Oct1st. chicchu

babuhere said:
Looks like the new fees are different than you mentioned below. Please see

http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/index.htm

NEw fees are :
485 - $325 if you are above 14 otherwise 225
765 - $180
131 - $170

But you submitted when there was VISA numbers available. Right? What did your attorney say to VSC when sending papers along? Did he put any letter along explaining that those guys rejected the application wrongly?

Attorney submitted them on time only. He sent me the proof of copies of 485 forms stamped on Sept30th by USCIS that they received them. As per him , we should file with the old fee and not the new fee. INS asking us the new fee is a mistake . I spoke to 'Unitednations' and he explained me this when I read everything out to him - our papers even though they reached on time- the mailroom folks for some reason thought they received them after Oct 26th since they opened them so late and thought the fee was wrong. As per 'unitednations' my attorney was right in resubmitting the 485s with the old checks he made itself and not with a new fee. The amounts which I wrote - 385$, 175$ and 165$ - are they right as per the old fee was my question to you .
chicchu

Thats absolutely true, the guys in the mailroom are the causing problems. They just dont want to spend a couple of sec more to see if its geniune reason to reject any application. If they could there wouldn't be any problem at all. Why would anybody not want to pay right fee if its effective the day application is received by them? But is there a way to fix it or to report that its their mistake? Will they be in a position to accept that mistake? How to report? Those are big questions. 485 old fee was $315. Rest of $175 & $165 were correct.

chicchu said:
Attorney submitted them on time only. He sent me the proof of copies of 485 forms stamped on Sept30th by USCIS that they received them. As per him , we should file with the old fee and not the new fee. INS asking us the new fee is a mistake . I spoke to 'Unitednations' and he explained me this when I read everything out to him - our papers even though they reached on time- the mailroom folks for some reason thought they received them after Oct 26th since they opened them so late and thought the fee was wrong. As per 'unitednations' my attorney was right in resubmitting the 485s with the old checks he made itself and not with a new fee. The amounts which I wrote - 385$, 175$ and 165$ - are they right as per the old fee was my question to you .
chicchu