Updates:Did you file your 140&485 before Sept 30th 2005 retro deadline?

You guys are talking aboout NDs and approvals. For me I have not received the receipt yet for any of I140, I485.
Sent on Sep 29 to VSC.

Ramana77 said:
You guys are talking aboout NDs and approvals. For me I have not received the receipt yet for any of I140, I485.
Sent on Sep 29 to VSC.
Hey call the 1800 375 5283 number. All u need to give is ur date of birth and name- they will give u ur receipt numbers. Sometimes lawyers r not prompt in letting u know the info
chicchu

Yes

Hi myGCSep05,

My RD is 09/26/05 and ND is 10/03/05.
My AP and EAD both are approved by 10/14/05.

Thanks

I just found out from my attorney after 1 month that he has not submitted my AP and EAD applications at all.
I have asked him to submit atleast now.

Thanks
vj

Same with me. Even my attorney did not file for EAD & AP. I thought my employer had asked him to not to file. So I e-filed by myself.

VJ2004 said:
I just found out from my attorney after 1 month that he has not submitted my AP and EAD applications at all.
I have asked him to submit atleast now.

Thanks
vj

One Question,
What is the typical procedure for biometrics.?
1. Do they send a date with appointment in the notice.
Or Do we call them to fix a date?
2. can we choose the local office where we have to go or it should be based on our service center. ?

My service center is VSC. Can I go to Illinois local office?

In the finger printing notice do they fix a date for our appointment

Thanks
Vj

myGCSept05 said:
Hi GreatGC,

Was yours filed from VSC?

Thanks

Guys
Have just seen something interesting at this site regarding TSC. May be you guys can find similar one for VSC and refile your cases and mentione it clearly "NOT TO OPEN THE PACKAGE IN MAIL ROOM" . Hope this will be helpful.

http://murthy.com/news/n_wrorej.html

chicchu said:
485s came back today saying visa numbers not available even though they are received on 30th. Attorney is saying he will send them back as he has all proof they are received on 30th. He said there cases like that from TSC and they sent those back to that special address or whatever. He is trying to find the appropriate place to send them again to VSC . If any similar cases, please do post your info here which might help our case

babuhere said:
Guys
Have just seen something interesting at this site regarding TSC. May be you guys can find similar one for VSC and refile your cases and mentione it clearly "NOT TO OPEN THE PACKAGE IN MAIL ROOM" . Hope this will be helpful.

http://murthy.com/news/n_wrorej.html
Babuhere,
Thanks so much for the info.Attorney did say yesterday that he knew about the TSC stuff and they had to send to attention to some John Pittman saying not to open in the mailroom. I have not seen any other case like ours in VSC. He said he was trying to find something similar for VSC and then today when my husband called him he said that he resent our 485s. I don't know if he really found some special attention thing like this and said not to open in mailroom or not. God knows what is going to happen, but I am getting sick of this.

Last edited by a moderator:
VJ2004 said:
One Question,
What is the typical procedure for biometrics.?
1. Do they send a date with appointment in the notice.
Or Do we call them to fix a date? ==>FP notice will have ur scheduled date.
2. can we choose the local office where we have to go or it should be based on our service center. ? ==> FP notice will mention Application support center located closest to your address.

My service center is VSC. Can I go to Illinois local office?

In the finger printing notice do they fix a date for our appointment

Thanks
Vj

Thanks DSLstart,
Even though I live from last 3 years in chicago, looks like my attorney gave his address for communication.
yesterday he told to me that he mailed finger printing notice to me. I need to call USCIS and change the appointment location to my nearest USCIS location from newyork.

VSC: 140 , 131, 765 approvals

Did anyone got their 765,140,131 approvals. Please update the dates if anyone has some news?

Thanks

Hi got email notification that I-765 has been approved and EAD is on the way.
Also received Biometrics appointment letter.

VSC- Sep 30 - I140/I485/I765.
ND: OCT-18 for all

Congratulations, Ramana77.

My notice date is Oct 20 05. hopefully, i would also hear about my case very soon.

Hi,

Congrats!!

How do you get email notifications? Do you have to set an email somewhere at the USCIS website? Did you get your biometrics done?

Ramana77 said:

Yes, if you create an account at USCIS website, you will get e-mail notifications. My biometrics appointment is in December first week.

Thanks Ramana,

My appointment is in the first week of December also, actually it is on the 1st of December. Did you get an email notifying you of the biometrics too? I got the mail but no emails about anything yet. I do have an account on the USCIS website.

Thanks,

Floyd

Ramana77 said:
Yes, if you create an account at USCIS website, you will get e-mail notifications. My biometrics appointment is in December first week.

Ramana77

Congrats for getting the approval.
You mentioned in your post on Nov 4 that you had not yet received the receipts for any application. Did you receive the approval notification before getting the receipts? How did you get the NDs for the 765s? :confused:

Ramana77 said:

Floyd: I did not get the Biometric notice via e-mail, I got it through regular mail.

Kodak: I did not know the updates on Nov4. After I got nice advice from this forum, I contacted attorney, and to my surprise, they have already got but did not update me.

Following the address, where you can register and get e-mail updates.

https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/index.jsp