Updates:Did you file your 140&485 before Sept 30th 2005 retro deadline?

Hi

I did concurrent filing on Sep 29 05 without the original labor approval. My labor was approved on Sep 28 05 but it was still in the mail when we were submitting the I-140/485.

I received receipt numbers for I-140/485. All checks have been encashed by the INS.

I'm waiting for a RFE from INS seeking the original LC letter.

does anyone know how long it will take to receive the RFE?

Thanks
ind

Hi

There was a memo from USCIS that they will accept print outs of labor certification (PERM) and the benificiary could send the original signed and dated labor certification before October 31st.

Did you know about this?

indgc123 said:
Hi

I did concurrent filing on Sep 29 05 without the original labor approval. My labor was approved on Sep 28 05 but it was still in the mail when we were submitting the I-140/4re 85.

I received receipt numbers for I-140/485. All checks have been encashed by the INS.

I'm waiting for a RFE from INS seeking the original LC letter.

does anyone know how long it will take to receive the RFE?

Thanks
ind

Thaks for your response, floyd777.

Actually, my approval was from NY DOL (not PERM or backlog centers). So, therefore, there is no concept of printouts/screenshots etc.,

Accroding to my attorney, the OCt 31 05 deadline is for those who have filed I-140/485 with screenshots/printouts. Mine was filed without any evidence of LC approval. My attorney wrote a cover letter while filing the I-140/485 that my LC was appoved on Sep 28 05 and the approval letter is still in mail.

After we received the original LC from NY DOL on Oct 03 05, my attroney wrote another letter to INS by submitting a photocopy of the approved LC (not original) indicating that we received the orignial copy and ready for submission upon the their request(RFE).

I've received RECEIPT NUMBERS for all the petitions (I-140, 485, EAD, AP ) and waiting for the RFE from INS.

Do you know if there is a possibility that I get my EAD approval prior to the RFE?

Thanks
ind

Last edited by a moderator:
Called USCIS

Guys ,
I just called the 1800 number which DSLStart gave. The lady could find our I140 RECEIPT, she said she can not give it to me because they can only give it to the company. She also said it just got entered before the weekend. But 485s, she could not find for both me and my spouse, she initially said they might have been rejected, Later she said she did not see anything that said rejected yet and asked me to give few more days for them to enter into the system. She asked me to give a call back in couple of days again
chicchu

fee change

USCIS agent was also saying the filing fee changed on Oct 26th and 485s can be rejected if those checks are not made as per the new fee. Do you guys know if that is true and what was the filing fee change- from how much to how much ?
chicchu

Whoever talked to you was very considerate. I called up a couple of times, they simply said no info available, there is nothing they can do.

chicchu said:
Guys ,
I just called the 1800 number which DSLStart gave. The lady could find our I140 RECEIPT, she said she can not give it to me because they can only give it to the company. She also said it just got entered before the weekend. But 485s, she could not find for both me and my spouse, she initially said they might have been rejected, Later she said she did not see anything that said rejected yet and asked me to give few more days for them to enter into the system. She asked me to give a call back in couple of days again
chicchu

how much was the filing fee

hey floyd77,
Since you know that your checks already cashed, can you please tell me how much was the amount on your check for the 1485 form
chicchu

The new fee is for the application that are received by USCIS on or after Oct 26th only. Not for the applicaton that were sent before Sep 30th. so that should not effect any of the applications that were already sent.

chicchu said:
USCIS agent was also saying the filing fee changed on Oct 26th and 485s can be rejected if those checks are not made as per the new fee. Do you guys know if that is true and what was the filing fee change- from how much to how much ?
chicchu

babuhere said:
Whoever talked to you was very considerate. I called up a couple of times, they simply said no info available, there is nothing they can do.

That's so true , she was very considerate. She said she tried all means to find our data.I just hope our 485s are not rejected. But she said if they returned our 485s, we will receive them at our home address
chicchu

babuhere said:
The new fee is for the application that are received by USCIS on or after Oct 26th only. Not for the applicaton that were sent before Sep 30th. so that should not effect any of the applications that were already sent.
Got you. Cool, so I do not have to worry about that atleast for now. Will know something in couple of days looks like regarding the 485s
chicchu

It was $315 for the 485 filing.

chicchu said:
hey floyd77,
Since you know that your checks already cashed, can you please tell me how much was the amount on your check for the 1485 form
chicchu

Hi All,

Does it, EAD/AP approval, depend on I-140 approval? In other words, if there is a deficiency in the I-140 application forms that were submitted to the INS, does it hold up the EAD and Travel Document approvals?

Thanks
ind

Receipt numbers

Filed Sept 30th. Called VSC yesterday and got the 140 & 485 receipt numbers finally. Lady was very helpful. She told me that the data was entered on 31st itself, though the RD was oct 21st. She also told me that they have loads of application to enter into their system and they are short on staff, so its taking time. Haven't yet received the receipts through attorney yet.
So guys who are still waiting for receipts, be patient and you should certainly get them by end of this week or next at most.

VSC : Have anyone received approvals for EAD,131 or 140

Hello:
Did anyone received approvals for EAD or 131 or 140 who filed from Vermont in September?
Texas is really fast, one of my friend got everything approved except 485 in 3 weeks.

Please post if anyone has some good news.

Thanks

What is the number you called in VSC? Is it different than 1-800 National Customer Service Number? Please let us know. When does your checks cashed?

DSLstart said:
Filed Sept 30th. Called VSC yesterday and got the 140 & 485 receipt numbers finally. Lady was very helpful. She told me that the data was entered on 31st itself, though the RD was oct 21st. She also told me that they have loads of application to enter into their system and they are short on staff, so its taking time. Haven't yet received the receipts through attorney yet.
So guys who are still waiting for receipts, be patient and you should certainly get them by end of this week or next at most.

I called 800-375-5283. I did not give any checks, I made payment to attorney and he submitted the fees.

QUOTE=babuhere]What is the number you called in VSC? Is it different than 1-800 National Customer Service Number? Please let us know. When does your checks cashed?[/QUOTE]

DSLstart said:
Did she give you your I140 receipt number too ? That's strange, when I called , she said she can not give out that information to me

My friend's I-140/485 petition was received by USCIS on Sep 27 05 at VSC. He got his EAD/FP a week ago. My petition was received by them on Sep 30 05. i'm still waiting.

I guess receipts are coming now.
Our attorney applied many cases on 29th sep( reached on 30th). I spoke to my employer now they got receipts for some people.
I am still waiting for mine.
I hope to receive this week.

Vj

I hope to get EAD/FP soon too..My application got to VSC on September 30th.

indgc123 said:
My friend's I-140/485 petition was received by USCIS on Sep 27 05 at VSC. He got his EAD/FP a week ago. My petition was received by them on Sep 30 05. i'm still waiting.