Update On My I-90

Paramvir1

Registered Users (C)
My I-90 Form (request For Backdated Green Card) Is Returned Today For Not Paying 70 Dollars Biometrics Fee.
So I Re Filled Online Today And Charged My Credit Card.
It Said , They Will Send Me A Letter For Biometrics Schedule And I Shold Take My Supporting Docs At That Time.

Paramvir1 said:
My I-90 Form (request For Backdated Green Card) Is Returned Today For Not Paying 70 Dollars Biometrics Fee.
So I Re Filled Online Today And Charged My Credit Card.
It Said , They Will Send Me A Letter For Biometrics Schedule And I Shold Take My Supporting Docs At That Time.

Sorry to hear it.

What is the service center the file went to? MSC?

So far, nothing happened to my i90.

Technically they should NOT be asking for this fee. Its all their fault not to back date it and you should not be responsible for paying anything not to mention taking trouble and going to Support Center. Its just another CIS BS.

But obviously pay the fee especially if they have asked for it.
let us know.

Agree

I agree. You shouldn't have to pay the fees since it is THERE fault. Another thing is, why do u have to do the Bio again since you just did that few months ago before the approval? Can't they just use that towards the new plastic? I mean all you need is just a date change. Just wondering

Sorry....

Sorry to hear that Paramvir, I think anyone whose GC is not backdated should apply via regualr mail and not on-line. That way you can attach the copy of the law and a statement about their fault for not backdating your GC. Not only we can save money that way but also a trip to local office for the Biometrics.
Just my thoughts.

to punhabi munda..
that's how i had done intially brother.but did'n work..!

about explanation.they want you bring those papers at ASC at time of biometrics.

Hi all
today I''v got my green card and its not backdated but my husband got his card backdated last week whats going on with INS.What shoul i do? to pay $70 its not fair :confused:

Grit your teeth and pay $70. You might not want to hear this but this is the best advise I can give at this time.....!

Dinash said:
Hi all
today I''v got my green card and its not backdated but my husband got his card backdated last week whats going on with INS.What shoul i do? to pay $70 its not fair :confused:

I don't think it's fair either. Try sending in a copy of your I-797C. USCIS support center will stamp and date it once you've completed your biometrics. On your one page explanation, mention that you have completed your biometrics on the date on the stamp.

Good luck!

Yeah fairness would say that you should not pay because they messed up.

On the other hand, you have come so far and probably spent tons of money on applications and attorneys, what is $70 more?????

i already paid 70 bucks.cuz i just need SERVICE..within time.
but with this F* cis you donnt get it ,no matter what you pay for .and i have learned one thing out of my experience with this agency,dont argue with them.otherwise you would be doing your own damage.

True.. this is an option for those cannot afford the $70. Not necessarily a worse option though - it may well be faster if they accept your I-797C as proof, since you won't have to go through the whole biometrics process again.

Dinash said:
Hi all

You went through all this, at the end $70.00 bucks is a small price to avoid delays and head ache. It's not fair, but please don't try to use a common sence in this case, just pay it. It'll be less painfull for you. :)

Bonehead011

FP 3rd 05-12-04
LUD 06-23/24/27/30-05, 07-01-05
RIE 06-28-05
RIE Received by USCIS 07-06-05
LUD 07-07/08/11-05
Biometrics request I-797C rcvd 07-18-05
Biometrics scheduled for 08-02-05