• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Upcoming Visa Bulletin March 2014

Sloner, lets be real here for a minute, there are 5 months left and we havent even gotten to the 1000 mark. I know you like to live in La La land with your outrageous predictions but you have to remember you are playing around with peoples hopes here. It might be a game to you but for those of us who are actually going to miss out it really sucks so quit it with the Everyone is getting a visa crap already.

Mijoro, I understand you're upset, but take a deep breath. The VB does not move in a straight line. I have not spent time analyzing OC numbers, true, but I remember a time last year it looked like I'd be lucky to have my interview in September; in the event it was in June, and it was a fairly low June number too. I recall people from other regions saying similar things. Do I think everyone will get a visa? No. Do I think we are going to continue seeing numbers increase at the same monthly pace for the rest of the year without accelerating? No. But I don't know always how to walk the line between realism at not getting peoples hopes up while at the same time wanting to point out when I think people might be getting too pessimistic.

You play the lottery. Lottery - is a gamble. There are winners, there are losers. According to Russian say in such cases. "You do not lose a cow."

Absolutely its a lottery but you with your everyone's getting a visa crap is getting to the point where its cruel. Stop it already.

Wait: last year's cutoff number for OC for August was only 1600 and then (September) they became current! DON'T LOSE HOPE!!!

Yes and last year there were only one third of the people selected. This year the numbers are over 4100.... so I am pretty sure if they arent at 1000 by now then there is no way in 5 months they are going to be able to do 3 thousand interviews.

Yes and last year there were only one third of the people selected. This year the numbers are over 4100.... so I am pretty sure if they arent at 1000 by now then there is no way in 5 months they are going to be able to do 3 thousand interviews.

No Mijoro you misunderstand. The 4000 number is all selectees including derivatives. But only the main selectee gets a case number - so about half of those 4215 are family members.

Because of the holes we don't exactly know where the progress lies..... The problem is we don't have a good idea of the max case number for OC or SA.

Last edited by a moderator:
No Mijoro you misunderstand. The 4000 number is all selectees including derivatives. But only the main selectee gets a case number - so about half of those 4215 are family members so CN1000 means around 2000 of the 4215.

So what is the highest case number we have seen for OC? We have people in the 3k range so that doesnt work... Either way its pointless if at the current rate we cant even get to 1k in 7 months. I mean seriously people, come on at some point some one has to be realistic.

And also Simon using your method of working it out saying CN 1000 = 2000 of the selectees, means that me at the very low 2K mark is the 4000 range of people interviewed ??? It doesnt make sense.

Absolutely its a lottery but you with your everyone's getting a visa crap is getting to the point where its cruel. Stop it already.
If no one gets it is not cruel?

So what is the highest case number we have seen for OC? We have people in the 3k range so that doesnt work... Either way its pointless if at the current rate we cant even get to 1k in 7 months. I mean seriously people, come on at some point some one has to be realistic.

Yeah I corrected my post above because we don't know the max case number. Honestly - we don't know how close to the highest number your range is. You are going to have a tough wait - and days like this won't be good ones - but hopefully there will be a reason to get more optimistic - there are 5 months left!

And also Simon using your method of working it out saying CN 1000 = 2000 of the selectees, means that me at the very low 2K mark is the 4000 range of people interviewed ??? It doesnt make sense.

No that is wrong - I f'd up - see above

Sloner I dont have an issue with the numbers, they are what they are. I do have an issue with YOU giving people false hope. Its absolute rubbish and you should have been banned months ago for this crap.

Have you seen the number from 1200 to 1600 in Oceania? I have not seen.:)

Sloner I dont have an issue with the numbers, they are what they are. I do have an issue with YOU giving people false hope. Its absolute rubbish and you should have been banned months ago for this crap.
Ok. If I say that you will not get an interview. It is a false hope?

So what you are now saying that the Oceania region does not have any allocations for the range of 1200 to 1600 ????