• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Upcoming month's visa bulletin: February 2013

Hurrah ?????? Seriously you are joyful at our region meeting your 0 expectations. I think it better I don't type my full response to you.

I think you are too emotional about your region. Sloner gains nothing by your region going faster or slower than last year. The guy was talking about his predictions.

I think DV2014 is getting under your skin. It's pretty much the same with me. I have no idea if my number will ever get current although EU cut-offs are month ahead, I'm still 9k more than last year. That's why I will try to stay away from the forum for a while. Tried it once last year. Managed 3 weeks :)

In the end there's nothing that anyone here can do to influence KCC/USCIS.

Except for Gabam if he marries his favourite KCC lady :)

Just an observation. In dv 2013 eu got around. 33% of the issued visas. During march 2013 eu share of case number was also about 33%. This year dv14 eu case number takes about 39% of the total case numbers for march. It's not scientific, but what is, so I think eu is going to take a bigger share of the visa this year perhaps 19000 which would make Sloner pleased. This could be due to more nacaras and other factors. If that were to be eu case no would go to low 40ies 19000/12*6= 9500. 20050/9500= 2.11*19000= 40000. Then considering and also unknown maturation factor, which no one seems to be considering, and we are in the low 40ies. Pretty much same result as simon just by different calculation.

Just an observation. In dv 2013 eu got around. 33% of the issued visas. During march 2013 eu share of case number was also about 33%. This year dv14 eu case number takes about 39% of the total case numbers for march. It's not scientific, but what is, so I think eu is going to take a bigger share of the visa this year perhaps 19000 which would make Sloner pleased. This could be due to more nacaras and other factors. If that were to be eu case no would go to low 40ies 19000/12*6= 9500. 20050/9500= 2.11*19000= 40000. Then considering and also unknown maturation factor, which no one seems to be considering, and we are in the low 40ies. Pretty much same result as simon just by different calculation.

I can't quite see EU getting 19k - but I do think the global target should be considered to be 52/53. Given EU took 16.6k from 51, it is conceivable we could see EU getting 17.5 maybe 18 tops - but a change like EU 19k would be a dramatic increase (and require a BIG drop in AF).

I can't quite see EU getting 19k - but I do think the global target should be considered to be 52/53. Given EU took 16.6k from 51, it is conceivable we could see EU getting 17.5 maybe 18 tops - but a change like EU 19k would be a dramatic increase (and require a BIG drop in AF).

Yeah 19 may be a stretch but 18k would be a good guess considering the development up till now. I'm not sure what would be considered a big AF drop the numbers are pretty volatile also excluding 2012. The average is 21500 with a range from 17k till almost 25k where dv 13 gave af 23300. So a drop of 2k would bring AF to average.

I think you are too emotional about your region. Sloner gains nothing by your region going faster or slower than last year. The guy was talking about his predictions.

I think DV2014 is getting under your skin. It's pretty much the same with me. I have no idea if my number will ever get current although EU cut-offs are month ahead, I'm still 9k more than last year. That's why I will try to stay away from the forum for a while. Tried it once last year. Managed 3 weeks :)

In the end there's nothing that anyone here can do to influence KCC/USCIS.

Except for Gabam if he marries his favourite KCC lady :)

Too emotional huh... How about him exercising a bit of tact, how about that.

I'm not sure if 20050 for EU is bad or good, what do you think? I mean if you already say that there are more selectees than ever, does that mean that we will have 33.5k+ case numbers getting current in next few months? The situation is very anxious I must admit, I don't know if I should lose hope or keep believing that I'll get an interview.

I can confirm that Europe for March is 20,050. The lady wouldn't give the number without getting a case number and based on that she could only give me a number for Europe. Good luck to everyone. Looks like they are moving about as fast as 2011 at least for Europe.

I'm not sure if 20050 for EU is bad or good, what do you think? I mean if you already say that there are more selectees than ever, does that mean that we will have 33.5k+ case numbers getting current in next few months? The situation is very anxious I must admit, I don't know if I should lose hope or keep believing that I'll get an interview.
Your CN is gold ! July may be august for sure !

Your number is absolutely fine.

Hi Friends
My case number is AS78** from Iran. I'm becoming worried about getting GC with this progress. Since I have to do AOS and I think I needs much time than embassy, what is your opinions about it?

Hi Friends
My case number is AS78** from Iran. I'm becoming worried about getting GC with this progress. Since I have to do AOS and I think I needs much time than embassy, what is your opinions about it?

That number, even from Iran, should be fine. The only issue is that you might be starting AOS quite late and certain field offices are busier (i.e. slower) than others. You should check that on the AOS thread therefore and see if others can give experiences of the FO you will use. Furthermore, you need to make sure you take advantage of the excellent assistance you can get on the AOS thread, to make sure you make things happen without delays. Things like submitting your case early as some have done will help....

Feb numbers Officially issued by visa bulletin as bellow now:

Region

All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately

AFRICA

Except: Egypt 18,300
Ethiopia 24,700
Nigeria 9,400

ASIA

EUROPE
Except: Uzbekistan 13,900
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS)

OCEANIA

SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN

Feb numbers Officially issued by visa bulletin as bellow now:

Region

All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately

AFRICA

Except: Egypt 18,300
Ethiopia 24,700
Nigeria 9,400

ASIA

EUROPE
Except: Uzbekistan 13,900
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS)

OCEANIA

SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN

Thanks for posting that Blue. Glad to see our team were accurate with what they could get, despite the "KCC ladies" team attempts to foil us.

I think they set AS at 4,325 so that it is not a full month behind last year (even if only by 25).

Hi Friends

I remember that you had an issue with the e-mail address you had provided in your initial entry. Did you get to rectify it? How?

i'm getting crazy day by day :( the waiting for the cut number is concerning me, my CN is AS11000 , any body tell me if i'm safe or there is a chance only when it become current??

Last edited by a moderator: