• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Upcoming month's visa bulletin: December 2013 (Coming Soon)

Ok if it is a service costing a dollar or two then fine - but I wonder if these consultancies then leverage their position to make more. I hope that sort of exploitation is not happening. It would sadden me to hear about any systematic exploitation, but as a British person, it would be particularly hard to accept because of my thoughts about the Nepalese people. Since I was a young child I have always heard stories about the Gurkha regiment of the British army - known for their courage, determination and fierce abilities. I just struggle to reconcile that image with a group of people who struggle with the photo validation for the lottery...

The point you make about the hardworking and honest nature of the Nepalese being a reason for success in the USA may be partially true, and the point about a struggling life in the USA being a step up for most Nepalese, yes I can see that. However please don't kid yourself that the Americans in any way favour Nepalese workers, because most Americans would not know the difference between A Nepalese person and someone from India for example. That being a sad commentary about the American attitudes/international understanding, not anything to do with people from Nepal.

WOW, this forum is crazily focused on my country!!! Let me give my input regarding this topic. Going to a consultancy to DV fill up is actually kinda a trend in Nepal. Even I went there this time around when I finally won (last three time I filled by myself and did not win). I do have couple to Laptops and PC at home but I still preferred to go to consultancy due to their true professional service at very cheap rate (I paid $3 dollar cause I have family of three). The big PLUS is the consultancies not only fill up your DV lottery, they even check it for you once its announced… I was too busy to check on the first week of May 2013, however the guy from consultancy saw my name before I actually did and phoned my family (he could not call me since I live in Dubai). The consultancies not only fill the forms but also they keep all the initial data safe in their files so that I would be easy to verify if you win the lottery. However to fill up the DSP 122 and DS 230 forms they do charge up to $ 100-150 (which is not so cheap and I did myself). As earlier posts says, they do not promise or promote fake hope of winning lottery (like in Nigeria or other African countries ) as every one of the Nepalese are very much aware of the whole DV system.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder why people in this forum are tussling with each other in unwanted matters. To decide to give or not to give visa depends in us authority.And please regarding bank statement n affdivat support, its the same in every countries, either it is from nepal or elsewhere. If a candidate seems to be eligible (in different grounds), then there might nt be necessary for c/o to ask bank statements , otherwise there is the high chances of asking it , even in Nepal as well.For instance, our helpful fren MoMo from this forum always suggested us to have bank statement n affdivat form to be in safe side(kind of him),
Bt later after his successful interview he has mentioned that he was not even asked for it and please be noted he is not from Nepal.i m sure most of u know him.
So plj don't try to generalise the rules and conditions on the basis of few cases, its same everywhere.

And finally I want to mention that please don't criticize the nepalese people for not knowing how to use the Internet. .personally I have seen people of london (One of the most developed country in the world) are still computer illiterate.so plj it depends on surrounding n environment where u grow up.I accept it takes a long time for all nepalese people to be computer literate as other people from developed countries did.

Exactly you are right!my querry was 4800+ is possible or not in coming visa bulletin for asia region?But the case twisted in this way.
Bini, in case of bank balance and affadavit of support i fully support your idea that in each country if CO feels important then he may ask for that.So all nepalese winners are also better to be prepared with affadavit of support so that they will be safe in USA.

WOW, this forum is crazily focused on my country!!!
I think you are giving your country a little bit too much credit. This is a discussion just like we have with many other countries. Perhaps why it looks like "everyone" is focused on Nepal is because its your country and it catches your eye because its relevant to you. Sort of like a Baader-Meinhof Phenomenon type scenario for you.

Going to a consultancy to DV fill up is actually kinda a trend in Nepal.

Just because its a trend doesn't mean that people are not being taken advantage of.

Even I went there this time around when I finally won (last three time I filled by myself and did not win).

Do you believe that you filled it out incorrectly the previous times? Do you believe that lodging your entry via the consultancy enhanced your chances of winning not because they filled the form in correctly but because of their "Lodging Power"

I do have couple to Laptops and PC at home but I still preferred to go to consultancy due to their true professional service at very cheap rate (I paid $3 dollar cause I have family of three).

What made the consultancy professional? Was it just the photos that you or others have problems with or is it the comprehension of the questions in the entry form?

The big PLUS is the consultancies not only fill up your DV lottery, they even check it for you once its announced…

People normally say " fill in or fill out" just an fyi.
I would be concerned with a third party holding my entry information. Were you concerned about that, do you think identity fraud is an issue in Nepal?

I was too busy to check on the first week of May 2013, however the guy from consultancy saw my name before I actually did and phoned my family (he could not call me since I live in Dubai).

Do you think that the reason they are so studious with checking the results is the potential to earn mega bucks in filling out the forms once people have been selected.

The consultancies not only fill the forms but also they keep all the initial data safe in their files so that I would be easy to verify if you win the lottery.

Can you opt for them NOT to keep your data safe. Rather just pay for them to fill out your form.

However to fill up the DSP 122 and DS 230 forms they do charge up to $ 100-150 (which is not so cheap and I did myself).

Do you think many Nepalese go for that? I mean do you think that many would be able to afford the 100 - 150 to fill out the form? Is that per person or per family?

As earlier posts says, they do not promise or promote fake hope of winning lottery (like in Nigeria or other African countries ) as every one of the Nepalese are very much aware of the whole DV system.

I am sure there would have to be scammers even in Nepal, don't you agree?

However to fill up the DSP 122 and DS 230 forms they do charge up to $ 100-150 (which is not so cheap and I did myself).

We have this saying in my country which directly translates to "this is where the dog has been buried" and it fits here perfectly. 1 or 2 bucks for initial application and then 150 for the forms :/ So Nepal isn't that different in the end form other countries where agencies charge people for this stuff. And if people cannot even get a decent photo by themselves I bet they will struggle to fill DSP and DS forms and have to go through the agency.

He seems to be less active these days - not sure why...
I am wondering too since he's been present and active on Russian speaking DV lottery forum govorimpro.us where he is one of moderators. His last post there was today. Could this be something to do with the negative forecast he gave before the first VB for DV2014 came out?

Do you have any problem with this??????? its simple mate higher number of applicants in a lottery higher the chances for that country having haigh number of selectee its simple mathematics.. If the lottery is open for any country than its all citizen have a right to fill that I personally donot support using consultancy for this as I have filled myself for this but it is due some complex matters like photo validation and being a developing country peoples there donot have those standard way to click and they go to such consultancy to get help in this regard..

You donot know why people are compelled to use consultancies.many nepalese still are out of internet facilities,lack of knowledge on photo validitation and a trend to use consultancies are the reason why people are doing so.Next,a large number of nepalese fill DV form so there are large number of selectees.Those consultancies donot take more than 1$-2$ so it is cheap to take their help.so no need to worry in this matter.

No need to get defensive my friend. I don't care how many Nepalese or any other nationalities for that matter choose to immigrate to the US or how. And I know my way around Math.

I do not find the $1-2 fee for the registration worrisome. I'm not even concerned over the $100-150 fee for the forms. What I'm suspecting is that these "agencies" have embarked on an aggressive campaign to advertise "cheap and easy" immigration to the US such that now entering the lottery has become a norm. Even that by itself is not something that would worry me.

What would be sad is people entering the lottery and investing thousands of dollars into "agency" fees and visa fees and flight tickets and leaving their jobs and families without knowing what they are getting themselves into; without knowing what a Green Card truly is; without knowing how life really works in the US; without knowing that when they arrive "they are on their own" and that there is no red carpet.

I'm inclined to believe that that might be the case, given that as you are suggesting many people can't even crop and validate a picture for a simple online form submission and do not have access to the Internet to educate themselves about the US.

Over the greed for a $100 fee these agencies may cost families thousands of dollars and forever change their lives for the worse.

Who the hell are you mijoro??? or who the hell u think about yourself mate if are so brilliant as u think by yourself why then are you leaving ur country...mind your words... donot even dare to tell anything about my country nepal buddy
WOW, this forum is crazily focused on my country!!! Let me give my input regarding this topic. Going to a consultancy to DV fill up is actually kinda a trend in Nepal. Even I went there this time around when I finally won (last three time I filled by myself and did not win). I do have couple to Laptops and PC at home but I still preferred to go to consultancy due to their true professional service at very cheap rate (I paid $3 dollar cause I have family of three). The big PLUS is the consultancies not only fill up your DV lottery, they even check it for you once its announced… I was too busy to check on the first week of May 2013, however the guy from consultancy saw my name before I actually did and phoned my family (he could not call me since I live in Dubai). The consultancies not only fill the forms but also they keep all the initial data safe in their files so that I would be easy to verify if you win the lottery. However to fill up the DSP 122 and DS 230 forms they do charge up to $ 100-150 (which is not so cheap and I did myself). As earlier posts says, they do not promise or promote fake hope of winning lottery (like in Nigeria or other African countries ) as every one of the Nepalese are very much aware of the whole DV system.

I think you are giving your country a little bit too much credit. This is a discussion just like we have with many other countries. Perhaps why it looks like "everyone" is focused on Nepal is because its your country and it catches your eye because its relevant to you. Sort of like a Baader-Meinhof Phenomenon type scenario for you.

Just because its a trend doesn't mean that people are not being taken advantage of.

Do you believe that you filled it out incorrectly the previous times? Do you believe that lodging your entry via the consultancy enhanced your chances of winning not because they filled the form in correctly but because of their "Lodging Power"

What made the consultancy professional? Was it just the photos that you or others have problems with or is it the comprehension of the questions in the entry form?

People normally say " fill in or fill out" just an fyi.
I would be concerned with a third party holding my entry information. Were you concerned about that, do you think identity fraud is an issue in Nepal?

Do you think that the reason they are so studious with checking the results is the potential to earn mega bucks in filling out the forms once people have been selected.

Can you opt for them NOT to keep your data safe. Rather just pay for them to fill out your form.

Do you think many Nepalese go for that? I mean do you think that many would be able to afford the 100 - 150 to fill out the form? Is that per person or per family?

I am sure there would have to be scammers even in Nepal, don't you agree?

Who the hell are you mijoro??? or who the hell u think about yourself mate if are so brilliant as u think by yourself why then are you leaving ur country...mind your words... donot even dare to tell anything about my country nepal buddy

Dude! Mijoro made quite few valid points! Take a chill pill and relax! Nobody is talking shit about your country, it is just surprising that you are defending those agencies and used one yourself. It is not a rocket science to fill that form and I think it is a valid concern to be worried about lives of people coming to the US if they cannot properly fill the application form themselves. They might waste their life savings on "American dream" and no matter how hard working they are there is a high chance that the whole experience will be one big disaster.

No need to get defensive my friend. I don't care how many Nepalese or any other nationalities for that matter choose to immigrate to the US or how. And I know my way around Math.

I do not find the $1-2 fee for the registration worrisome. I'm not even concerned over the $100-150 fee for the forms. What I'm suspecting is that these "agencies" have embarked on an aggressive campaign to advertise "cheap and easy" immigration to the US such that now entering the lottery has become a norm. Even that by itself is not something that would worry me.

What would be sad is people entering the lottery and investing thousands of dollars into "agency" fees and visa fees and flight tickets and leaving their jobs and families without knowing what they are getting themselves into; without knowing what a Green Card truly is; without knowing how life really works in the US; without knowing that when they arrive "they are on their own" and that there is no red carpet.

I'm inclined to believe that that might be the case, given that as you are suggesting many people can't even crop and validate a picture for a simple online form submission and do not have access to the Internet to educate themselves about the US.

Over the greed for a $100 fee these agencies may cost families thousands of dollars and forever change their lives for the worse.

Excellent post.

I am wondering too since he's been present and active on Russian speaking DV lottery forum govorimpro.us where he is one of moderators. His last post there was today. Could this be something to do with the negative forecast he gave before the first VB for DV2014 came out?
Neither his forecast on the VB has not come true. He predicted that the numbers will go in dv13. The first newsletter has denied all of his theory. So I do not take it seriously.

Dude! Mijoro made quite few valid points! Take a chill pill and relax! Nobody is talking shit about your country, it is just surprising that you are defending those agencies and used one yourself. It is not a rocket science to fill that form and I think it is a valid concern to be worried about lives of people coming to the US if they cannot properly fill the application form themselves. They might waste their life savings on "American dream" and no matter how hard working they are there is a high chance that the whole experience will be one big disaster.

Agree with this post.

Basically ... I have no doubt the Nepalese are hardworking etc but they are moving into a massively knowledge-based economy. With little English, little funds and little computer literacy etc most of them will probably end up doing unskilled work. If that's better than where they come from, all well and good. Like every first wave of immigrants, it is their children who will benefit - as they will grow up speaking English, getting educated etc.

We should be talking about this "Upcoming month's visa bulletin: December 2013 (Coming Soon)"
Most of us going off Topic??

Agree with this post.

Basically ... I have no doubt the Nepalese are hardworking etc but they are moving into a massively knowledge-based economy. With little English, little funds and little computer literacy etc most of them will probably end up doing unskilled work. If that's better than where they come from, all well and good. Like every first wave of immigrants, it is their children who will benefit - as they will grow up speaking English, getting educated etc.

I kinda agree with your post, most of the people including myself is planning to move into US for betterment of the children and their future. If it was only for myself I already have good enough job in which I can save even more than what I may earn in US. however if I may correct a lot of these DV winners from Nepal are already residing or studying in US and having good jobs. I don’t know about others but in my case I have a lot of family members (mostly cousins) who are living in US and leading very comfortable lives ( One of them even has country club Golf membership :) )

Let’s forget this topic though which is stretched way too far for my liking. What will be the expected numbers for ASIA in Jan-14 ??