• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Upcoming month's visa bulletin: December 2013 (Coming Soon)

There does seem to be some signs of "influence" over what I assumed was a random process.

The initial selection is random. I don't know how random the assignment of case numbers is. My impression is that they get spread through the numbers available.

Bristimon I respect your thought and also have a quite good faith on u but please go through the US embassy website and see for Nepalese checklist for interview there is not any documents like affidavit of support and else like bankbalance

Britsimon wasn't contradicting you. He was just voicing a valid concern that people get given visas without necessarily having the means to support themselves and that can make it very difficult for them to make a success of their chance at a new life. See for example this article about the difficulties some Nepalese DV winners have faced: http://newamericamedia.org/2010/12/...y-visas-lucky-immigrants-adrift-and-alone.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Bristimon I respect your thought and also have a quite good faith on u but please go through the US embassy website and see for Nepalese checklist for interview there is not any documents like affidavit of support and else like bankbalance

The affidavit of support or bank balance information is almost NEVER listed as a required document, so I am not at all surprised it is not on the Nealese embassy website. However, the CO has a responsibility to decide how the person will avoid becoming a financial burden on the US government so financial proof is OFTEN requested. People have been denied the visa on those grounds or put on AP while they get additional proof of money or support.

I seriously doubt that Nepalese embassy never asks for it, so not having something is a risk I would not want to take...

Britsimon wasn't contradicting you. He was just voicing a valid concern that people get given visas without necessarily having the means to support themselves and that can make it very difficult for them to make a success of their chance at a new life. See for example this article about the difficulties some Nepalese DV winners have faced: http://newamericamedia.org/2010/12/...y-visas-lucky-immigrants-adrift-and-alone.php

That is exactly the point I was making Susie, you are correct. Getting the visa is one thing, making a successful move to the States requires some resources...

Britsimon and SusieQQQ you both are correct in this case that without any support one's life may be in trouble in USA.but can anyone of you make any idea why co doesnot ask these things in nepalese context?If you have still doubt on this,we have some Dv winners of 2014,who got visa on october interview without showing these documents(bank balance,affadavit of support).even selectees bring affadavit of support co doesnot give any glance on it!
next i read the example provided by SusieQQQ,which is panic.but it cannot be generalized.nepal is a developing country and jobs and opportunities lack here so US is a best option for these people. so many nepalese in our contact are doing well for their future comparing to nepal.

Britsimon and SusieQQQ you both are correct in this case that without any support one's life may be in trouble in USA.but can anyone of you make any idea why co doesnot ask these things in nepalese context?If you have still doubt on this,we have some Dv winners of 2014,who got visa on october interview without showing these documents(bank balance,affadavit of support).even selectees bring affadavit of support co doesnot give any glance on it!
next i read the example provided by SusieQQQ,which is panic.but it cannot be generalized.nepal is a developing country and jobs and opportunities lack here so US is a best option for these people. so many nepalese in our contact are doing well for their future comparing to nepal.

Again, I have no doubt that some people will not be asked for any financial proof at all - that is exactly what I expect n any country. I think there are some factors that would prompt the CO to ask about financial matters and in general someone who was well prepared is less likely to veen be asked the question. However I think it is unwise to assume or advise that these things are NEVER requested in Nepal.

most of nepalese fill their Dv form and process further from mainly three consultancies in nepal.they nearly represent 95 % of total nepalese selectees.we gather range of case numbers from their offices.

I always wondered why a rather small country like Nepal would get so many selectees. This whole "consultancy" concept explains it very well. When the "private sector" gets into the "business" of Green Card lottery, you usually see such results. I have read similar stories about "consultancy agencies" in Nigeria and how people are enticed into "investing" in Green Card lottery only to later find themselves in a less than perfect situation in the US.

Do you have any problem with this??????? its simple mate higher number of applicants in a lottery higher the chances for that country having haigh number of selectee its simple mathematics.. If the lottery is open for any country than its all citizen have a right to fill that I personally donot support using consultancy for this as I have filled myself for this but it is due some complex matters like photo validation and being a developing country peoples there donot have those standard way to click and they go to such consultancy to get help in this regard..
I always wondered why a rather small country like Nepal would get so many selectees. This whole "consultancy" concept explains it very well. When the "private sector" gets into the "business" of Green Card lottery, you usually see such results. I have read similar stories about "consultancy agencies" in Nigeria and how people are enticed into "investing" in Green Card lottery only to later find themselves in a less than perfect situation in the US.

Again, I have no doubt that some people will not be asked for any financial proof at all - that is exactly what I expect n any country. I think there are some factors that would prompt the CO to ask about financial matters and in general someone who was well prepared is less likely to veen be asked the question. However I think it is unwise to assume or advise that these things are NEVER requested in Nepal.

Simply you can think if there is no any risk, no need to implement any security policies.In case of Nepal also perhaps most of the nepalese(leaving some rare cases like the example of SusieQQQ) are doing better comparing to others countries.i had read an article five months ago that explain the hard labour and honesty of nepalese people in American society.This may be the main factor why they donot require these documents.simply you can use your mind Dear britsimon.

You donot know why people are compelled to use consultancies.many nepalese still are out of internet facilities,lack of knowledge on photo validitation and a trend to use consultancies are the reason why people are doing so.Next,a large number of nepalese fill DV form so there are large number of selectees.Those consultancies donot take more than 1$-2$ so it is cheap to take their help.so no need to worry in this matter.

You donot know why people are compelled to use consultancies.many nepalese still are out of internet facilities,lack of knowledge on photo validitation and a trend to use consultancies are the reason why people are doing so.Next,a large number of nepalese fill DV form so there are large number of selectees.Those consultancies donot take more than 1$-2$ so it is cheap to take their help.so no need to worry in this matter.

Ok if it is a service costing a dollar or two then fine - but I wonder if these consultancies then leverage their position to make more. I hope that sort of exploitation is not happening. It would sadden me to hear about any systematic exploitation, but as a British person, it would be particularly hard to accept because of my thoughts about the Nepalese people. Since I was a young child I have always heard stories about the Gurkha regiment of the British army - known for their courage, determination and fierce abilities. I just struggle to reconcile that image with a group of people who struggle with the photo validation for the lottery...

The point you make about the hardworking and honest nature of the Nepalese being a reason for success in the USA may be partially true, and the point about a struggling life in the USA being a step up for most Nepalese, yes I can see that. However please don't kid yourself that the Americans in any way favour Nepalese workers, because most Americans would not know the difference between A Nepalese person and someone from India for example. That being a sad commentary about the American attitudes/international understanding, not anything to do with people from Nepal.

Ya You may be right Bristimon with your all point but I want you to make clear that due to lack of proper internet facility in Nepal lack of computers and laptops in all peoples home they are compelled to filled in some photo studio and they do not take such a big amount too.. and major thing is in Nepal nobody spreads falls dreams that they will get Dv by filling there its just that photo cost they take in mere 50cents they give 4 pp size photo and fill the DV of the person... this all and I can assure u that here Nepalese are smart enough to know that its just lottery form they are filling not any visa form... and about the hardworking nature honest nature its just nature of most south asian people might be they are from india bangladesh or srilanka ....or any other south asian country

Do you have any problem with this??????? its simple mate higher number of applicants in a lottery higher the chances for that country having haigh number of selectee its simple mathematics.. If the lottery is open for any country than its all citizen have a right to fill that I personally donot support using consultancy for this as I have filled myself for this but it is due some complex matters like photo validation and being a developing country peoples there donot have those standard way to click and they go to such consultancy to get help in this regard..

Ok if it is a service costing a dollar or two then fine - but I wonder if these consultancies then leverage their position to make more. I hope that sort of exploitation is not happening. It would sadden me to hear about any systematic exploitation, but as a British person, it would be particularly hard to accept because of my thoughts about the Nepalese people. Since I was a young child I have always heard stories about the Gurkha regiment of the British army - known for their courage, determination and fierce abilities. I just struggle to reconcile that image with a group of people who struggle with the photo validation for the lottery...

The point you make about the hardworking and honest nature of the Nepalese being a reason for success in the USA may be partially true, and the point about a struggling life in the USA being a step up for most Nepalese, yes I can see that. However please don't kid yourself that the Americans in any way favour Nepalese workers, because most Americans would not know the difference between A Nepalese person and someone from India for example. That being a sad commentary about the American attitudes/international understanding, not anything to do with people from Nepal.

Ya You may be right Bristimon with your all point but I want you to make clear that due to lack of proper internet facility in Nepal lack of computers and laptops in all peoples home they are compelled to filled in some photo studio and they do not take such a big amount too.. and major thing is in Nepal nobody spreads falls dreams that they will get Dv by filling there its just that photo cost they take in mere 50cents they give 4 pp size photo and fill the DV of the person... this all and I can assure u that here Nepalese are smart enough to know that its just lottery form they are filling not any visa form... and about the hardworking nature honest nature its just nature of most south asian people might be they are from india bangladesh or srilanka ....or any other south asian country

The way you describe it it sounds like a good service for people, so I am pleased about that. As c1984 mentioned, when people make a business out of something like this it is rarely so altruistic - but it seems that is what is happening in Nepal.

Ya its the reason of low holes in Nepalese cases and Nepal even have high visa success rate its about 88% which is very good if u go through that ravesky data which me too also donot have complete faith but even you can see visa sucess rate was 92%because in nepal they donot do any fraud only to go to USA showing fake documents and others
The way you describe it it sounds like a good service for people, so I am pleased about that. As c1984 mentioned, when people make a business out of something like this it is rarely so altruistic - but it seems that is what is happening in Nepal.

we are only 209 TANZANIAN selected for 2014 E-DV,i hope that all applicants will get the visa by sept 30 next year

I wonder why people in this forum are tussling with each other in unwanted matters. To decide to give or not to give visa depends in us authority.And please regarding bank statement n affdivat support, its the same in every countries, either it is from nepal or elsewhere. If a candidate seems to be eligible (in different grounds), then there might nt be necessary for c/o to ask bank statements , otherwise there is the high chances of asking it , even in Nepal as well.For instance, our helpful fren MoMo from this forum always suggested us to have bank statement n affdivat form to be in safe side(kind of him),
Bt later after his successful interview he has mentioned that he was not even asked for it and please be noted he is not from Nepal.i m sure most of u know him.
So plj don't try to generalise the rules and conditions on the basis of few cases, its same everywhere.

And finally I want to mention that please don't criticize the nepalese people for not knowing how to use the Internet. .personally I have seen people of london (One of the most developed country in the world) are still computer illiterate.so plj it depends on surrounding n environment where u grow up.I accept it takes a long time for all nepalese people to be computer literate as other people from developed countries did.

There is no tussling going on in this thread, and no criticism of people being Internet savvy or not. Sorry no drama here....

I wonder why people in this forum are tussling with each other in unwanted matters. To decide to give or not to give visa depends in us authority.And please regarding bank statement n affdivat support, its the same in every countries, either it is from nepal or elsewhere. If a candidate seems to be eligible (in different grounds), then there might nt be necessary for c/o to ask bank statements , otherwise there is the high chances of asking it , even in Nepal as well.For instance, our helpful fren MoMo from this forum always suggested us to have bank statement n affdivat form to be in safe side(kind of him),
Bt later after his successful interview he has mentioned that he was not even asked for it and please be noted he is not from Nepal.i m sure most of u know him.
So plj don't try to generalise the rules and conditions on the basis of few cases, its same everywhere.

And finally I want to mention that please don't criticize the nepalese people for not knowing how to use the Internet. .personally I have seen people of london (One of the most developed country in the world) are still computer illiterate.so plj it depends on surrounding n environment where u grow up.I accept it takes a long time for all nepalese people to be computer literate as other people from developed countries did.

Thats a shame as much as I disagree with him on a million different things he said, he is/was still a valuable member of the community.