Unemployment Benefits: Effect on Citizenship

Lazerthegreat

Registered Users (C)
Hello Guys!

A relative of mine who has received his green card through Asylum process (and still is a green card holder) is being laid off from his firm. He will become eligible for unemployment benefits after layoff. My question is that what effect will this have on his citizenship in future? Is this a big negative for a GC holder or is it Ok?

Comments are welcome from our experienced readers.

Hello Guys!

A relative of mine who has received his green card through Asylum process (and still is a green card holder) is being laid off from his firm. He will become eligible for unemployment benefits after layoff. My question is that what effect will this have on his citizenship in future? Is this a big negative for a GC holder or is it Ok?

Comments are welcome from our experienced readers.

It will have NO effect.

dont worry, my sister have gotten unemployment benefits before when she has slow work and also now. she has GC. Just pay tax and over laws, Don't ask for food stamp benefis unless you have to. Its ok if u r asylee for 3 yrs if green card, may hurt you

Unemployment benefit is basically an insurance that was paid by your employer while you were working there. Don't worry about it.

Hey Lazer

Hey Lazer,
Good to hear from you. I hope all is well. Being unemployed and collecting unemployment is very common and should not have any affect on the citizenship.
Take care

Hey Lazer,
Good to hear from you. I hope all is well. Being unemployed and collecting unemployment is very common and should not have any affect on the citizenship.
Take care

hey punjabi! oye ki haal hai tera!!!! still residing in WI and coping with this snow BS. we have to deal with the same in Chicagoland. anyway hope everything is going well. take care