Unbelievably Fast Approvals

How long is it taking at VSC for I140 approvals ? How many months are they taking for I140 approvals ?

One more milestone in my GC process...

My I 140 got approved today after an RFE for Company financial info and my w2 with this company....

This case has been approved. On December 15, 2004, an approval notice
was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this
notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your
address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

140 RFE received Nov 3rd week...Response Received by USCIS on 11-30..
Approved 12/15...

I would appreciate if some one updates the tracker...

Does anyone have experience know the officer #251...
Evelyn has raised a query in 140 -- ability to pay & educational evaluation..

bhadradee said:
Does anyone have experience know the officer #251...
Evelyn has raised a query in 140 -- ability to pay & educational evaluation..
The officer #251.. knows only "140 -- ability to pay & educational evaluation"

How do you know the officer id #251

I got the same RFE ability to pay and education.

I'm not sure if its the same officer. Does this officer approves the applications after he receives the response for RFE or just denies??????

wantgcasap said:
How do you know the officer id #251

I got the same RFE ability to pay and education.

I'm not sure if its the same officer. Does this officer approves the applications after he receives the response for RFE or just denies??????
If it smells good the officer #251 approves it.

applied 12/23/04 .. approved 140

Hi Folks,

Just wanted to be a part of this thread and i expect that my case would qualify for the unbelievably fast approval scenario..

ND 12/17/04
RD 12/23/04
AD 01/20/05 I-140 :)

Wow!! .. do you guys attach 100 dollar bills with your apps ?? :) .. just kidding .. congrats pal.

new_lucky123 said:
Hi Folks,

Just wanted to be a part of this thread and i expect that my case would qualify for the unbelievably fast approval scenario..

ND 12/17/04
RD 12/23/04

new_lucky123 said:
Hi Folks,

ND 12/17/04
RD 12/23/04

Congrats...that was quick!!! Whats your category??

I-140 approved (VSC)

Mine is pre-approved labor (Company - B)
140 & 485 Filed Nov 2004 - Concurrent
140 APPROVED
EAD and AP still not approved.

Company -A is holding my H1.

My questions are

1) When is the right time to join the Company-B?
If i join before EAD approval, I will have to go for H1- Transfer with company-B. Other option is wait for the EAD approval and join the company.
Please advice what is the right thing to do at this time.
Company-B is asking me to join them ASAP. They say that it is good for me for smooth transtion of the rest of the GC process. What is the reality in their saying?

2) How can I use the AR-11 regulation in my case?

Please advice on the above

Thanks
Ram

ramki1975 said:
Mine is pre-approved labor (Company - B)
140 & 485 Filed Nov 2004 - Concurrent
140 APPROVED
EAD and AP still not approved.

Company -A is holding my H1.

My questions are

1) When is the right time to join the Company-B?
If i join before EAD approval, I will have to go for H1- Transfer with company-B. Other option is wait for the EAD approval and join the company.
Please advice what is the right thing to do at this time.
Company-B is asking me to join them ASAP. They say that it is good for me for smooth transtion of the rest of the GC process. What is the reality in their saying?

2) How can I use the AR-11 regulation in my case?

Please advice on the above

Thanks
Ram

1. You can join Company B anytime. Since GC can be for future employment, you don't really have to join Company B prior to GC approval.

2. I think you are confusing with AC21. AR-11 is the address change application. You can use AC21 to change jobs from your GC sponsoring employer to another employer, if your I-140 has been approved and I-485 is pending for more than 180 days.

iamyoohoo said:
Wow!! .. do you guys attach 100 dollar bills with your apps ?? :) .. just kidding .. congrats pal.

Me too :)

I think VSC is running a twin-track approach -- new applications (since about October, I think) go through quickly, and they're separately clearing the backlog on older ones.

That, or standalone I-140s are done really quickly... (mine was a standalone)

I-140 denied HELP!!!!

I have filed my labor in 2000 january and my federal was approved in Mar 2002. My Attorney did not receive the original labor and so he waited for five months before filing my I-140 (Sept 2002). He filed my I-485 concurrently in Dec 2002. I had to move to another company because of lay-offs in Aug'2003 per AC21 rule of minimum six months after I-485 filed. I have already got couple of finger print notices and also three EADs and Advance Paroles. Today I have received in my mail that my I-485 has been denied because my I-140 has been denied. I have to talk to my attorney tomorrow but can someone help me if they have any suggestions/ known cases and how they resolved it.

I have filed my labor in 2000 january and my federal was approved in Mar 2002. My Attorney did not receive the original labor and so he waited for five months before filing my I-140 (Sept 2002). He filed my I-485 concurrently in Dec 2002. I had to move to another company because of lay-offs in Aug'2003 per AC21 rule of minimum six months after I-485 filed. I have already got couple of finger print notices and also three EADs and Advance Paroles. Today I have received in my mail that my I-485 has been denied because my I-140 has been denied. I have to talk to my attorney tomorrow but can someone help me if they have any suggestions/ known cases and how they resolved it.

dev2000 said:

Sorry to hear about the denial. I think you should talk to your attorney and see what the reason for 140 denial. Looks like you have already used AC21 and changed jobs too (AC21 without I140 approval is being debated a lot and many who take the safer route advise to wait for a 140 approval and crossing 180 days before invoking AC21)...Did you send in a AC21 letter after your switched jobs in Aug 2003?? What about your H1B?? How many years were you on H1...

Talk to you lawyer and let the forum know...based on your attorney's inputs and the actual reason for your 140 denial (did your employer who sponsored the GC revoke the 140 etc), the portal members can contribute with their thoughts.

One thing that comes to my mind is you should try to find another employer who has a substitute labor for you and file a backup 140 + 485 immediately. Also ask your attorney if they can appeal the 140 denial and while the denial is being pending, file another 140 and 485 (using substitute labor) and you would not be considered out of status.

Good Luck and keep us posted of updates in your case.

Others, any suggestions...

dev2000 said:

Dev2000,

I agree with what H1BneedGC has said, please post more detail. As you have posted that your 140 was filed in Sept 2002. I want to ask you, do you know if
a> your 140 was approved and then revoked or
b> if it was never approved and denied directly.

If a> is true, then there should be no problem, as you will be able to show AC21. If b> is true, then you will need help from your previous employer to file MTR and overcome the denial. Let us know the reason and we will try our best to help you. Read my post (#1301) in Ability to pay thread by UnitedNations, it will give you some hope.

Best of luck.