UK Visit/Tourist Visa

ha_rini5

Hi,

I sent my application package for UK Tourist/Visit Visa to Los Angeles center after doing the biometric and all the necessary procedure. I am an Indian in the US on F1 student visa want to visit my sister in UK for 2 weeks. My package reached consulate on April 9, 2009 which included the following documents:

• Passport
• 2 Passport Size Photo
• Copy of the online application form with photo attached
• Receipt of Biometrics Test Done
• Confirmed Flight Reservation
• Evidence of legal residence in the USA
o Original I-20
o Original I-94 (Attached inside the Passport)
o Letter of Enrollment from the University
o Original Transcript
o Original SEVIS fee receipt (I-797C)
o Official Tuition Fee Receipt
• Evidence to show financial capability for the trip
• Evidence from sponsor in UK
o Letter, Copies of Passport, Work permit, Sponsor's Bank Proof

I have the following Doubts:

1)I have not still received any mail from them confirming that they have received my package. Should I wait for a longer time?

2) I did not enclose copy of my original I20 and original SEVIS FEE receipt. Would they return it back?

3) I did not mention the date of travel on top of the application package cover as stated in their website. Would this pose a problem?

4) I did not get any application tracking number. How do I know the current status of my application.

Kindly, reply.

Thanks!!

A1: Are they supposed to send you mail to confirm receipt?
A2: They should. Did they specifically ask for original I-20?
A3: Should not
A4: Is the British consul supposed to send you a tracking number?

1)I have not still received any mail from them confirming that they have received my package. Should I wait for a longer time?

2) I did not enclose copy of my original I20 and original SEVIS FEE receipt. Would they return it back?

3) I did not mention the date of travel on top of the application package cover as stated in their website. Would this pose a problem?

4) I did not get any application tracking number. How do I know the current status of my application.

A1: Are they supposed to send you mail to confirm receipt?
A2: They should. Did they specifically ask for original I-20?
A3: Should not
A4: Is the British consul supposed to send you a tracking number?

They usually send u an e-mail when ur application is Opened(not received) which could be a wk to almost 2 wk from the day it was received at the consulate. If u had a tracking # either with UPS or USPS, then u should get a confirmation as soon as the package is signed for by the consulate.

They will return all orignal documents back to you.

They usually send u an e-mail when ur application is Opened(not received) which could be a wk to almost 2 wk from the day it was received at the consulate. If u had a tracking # either with UPS or USPS, then u should get a confirmation as soon as the package is signed for by the consulate.

They will return all orignal documents back to you.

Hi, Johnkent,

Could you tell me which Consulate has such a backlog that it waits more than a week to open the applications? Last October, I applied for a UK visa at the LA Consulate- they sent the confirmation email the next day after FedEx package was delivered.

Thank you.

Hi, Johnkent,

Could you tell me which Consulate has such a backlog that it waits more than a week to open the applications? Last October, I applied for a UK visa at the LA Consulate- they sent the confirmation email the next day after FedEx package was delivered.

Thank you.

It was chicago consulate and it was in d middle of the summer(june) holidays which was a very busy time for most european embassies.

I sent my documents to Los Angeles consulate on April 17th which was received on April 18th. No email confirmation so far.
Anyone received email confirmation within last weeks ? If yes, when did you submit your documents ?

Hi,

I sent my package to the LA Consulate on April 14th. The package arrived around noon on April 15th. I received an email confirmation yesterday, April 23rd that said that the Consulate just opened the package because of the high volume of the applications. Three hours ago (today is April 24th), I received an email that the visas for me and my wife were approved and the passports with green cards would be sent back by UPS (they gave the tracking number but indicated that the shipment will not happen untill a coupld of days later).

For comparison, when I applied last time in October 2008 there was no backlog and I received an email confirmation the very next day after the package reached the UK Consulate in LA. The visa was approved a day later.

I hope this experience will make you feel less anxious.