UK visa on RP

Asylee13

Registered Users (C)
Does UK issue visa on RP. I heard that the process is very complecated and we have to go thru fp and interview. Anyone pls share your experience.
How about schenigan visa. do they accept it ?
Also, if i just in transit to another country and visiting london for a day do i still need a visa ? Anyone with experience pls share?

well the finger print is a new requirement that everyone needs to do if they want to get a british visa. about the interview, i think some people from some nationalities are asked to go in to the british embassy for an interview. so don't be suprised.

as for the process, its not complicated at all. u fill out their application online and submit it online and make an appointment with a uscis application support center to have ur fingerprint taken. u need t print the application and the uscis appointment letter and take the appointment letter with ur rtd/rp there when ur going to do ur biometrics. once u have ur biometrics are taken, u have 2 weeks to mail out ur application with ur travel document and supporting documents to ur local uk consulate missions.

i did my biometrics yesterday and im planning to send out my documents by the end of this week.

good luck.

I applied in Amsterdam, and it took a week, including the time they took to send the RP back to me from Duesseldorf. In the application, you don't need to mention anything about the 1951 Convention. Just mention your nationality. Funny thing is that they didn't fingerprint me when I entered the UK. The IO was very nice, and he did ask me a lot of questions, but he said that since the US isn't a signatory to the 1951 Convention, I wasn't going to be fingerprinted, even though my brother was when he went to London on his RTD.

You DO need a visa to leave the airport, however. Both British and Schengen. For transit, you don't.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, i don't need visa for transit. How long can be stay in the airport ? and what if i have to switch airlines ..will they allow that ?

if you are traveling through the uk as a transit passenger and you hold a valid us visa/immigration status (either as an immigrant or nonimmigrant), you do not need a uk visa.

Thanks ...That's great news then. Because flights to many Asian countries is cheaper from England. So prefer to go from US to Lon and then take a flight to third country. Good deals now days to UK. thanks again