two applications of I-485

wenl

Registered Users (C)
My first I-485 application is turned down, after that, I sent another application and motion reopen at the same time. finally the motioned one was approved and green card was given. To the 2nd application, somehow it still asks for fingerprint. since the fingerprint notice says: disregard this notice if you already had GC. I did not go for fingerprint. Here I want to ask some experts: are there some special things I need to be careful? Ignore the 2nd application is ok? There will be no trouble later?

Thank you so much for the reply.

wenl said:
My first I-485 application is turned down, after that, I sent another application and motion reopen at the same time. finally the motioned one was approved and green card was given. To the 2nd application, somehow it still asks for fingerprint. since the fingerprint notice says: disregard this notice if you already had GC. I did not go for fingerprint. Here I want to ask some experts: are there some special things I need to be careful? Ignore the 2nd application is ok? There will be no trouble later?

Thank you so much for the reply.
If your any I-485 is approved and got GC or passport stamp, then no need to go for fingerprints second I-485 will be denied after they check with A#. You can write a letter to them that your I-485 # filed with service center… was approved on date….

when filling the second 485, should the 1st 485 A# be provided

will they accep the 2nd 485
ginnu said:
If your any I-485 is approved and got GC or passport stamp, then no need to go for fingerprints second I-485 will be denied after they check with A#. You can write a letter to them that your I-485 # filed with service center… was approved on date….

nato said:
will they accep the 2nd 485
They will accept the second I-485 if it is based on second employer LC ,I-140. One can file more than one I-485 nothing in law prevents. When file second I-485 write your A# and pending I-485 #

ginnu said:
They will accept the second I-485 if it is based on second employer LC ,I-140. One can file more than one I-485 nothing in law prevents. When file second I-485 write your A# and pending I-485 #

Good to know. Thanks!!!

ginnu said:

One caveat, if your I-94 has been expired for over 180 days or you have rentered the country on AP, then you cannot file a subsequent I-485, since you are no longer in a valid non-immigrant status.

nato said:
that if one is on EAD and travels back in with AP from 485 A, then is the 485 B deemed abondened

EADs and APs are not linked to a particular I-485. So long as you have a I-485 pending, they remain valid.

same situation here

Hi, Wenl:

I have same situation as yours. The first 485 denied by error for the reason of not appearing for fingerprint, accordingly, my spouse's 485 was also denied. I filed motion to reopen and later submitted 2nd 485 (specifically mentioning my 1st 485 was denied in the cover letter and form) using the same approved I-140. Later, the 1st 485 was approved. Also done FP for the 2nd 485. I am now wondering what I should do with the 2nd 485, attorney and customer service suggest me to write a letter to withdraw the 2nd 485.

Thanks ginnu!!!, the more complex part is

that if one is on EAD and travels back in with AP from 485 A, then is the 485 B deemed abondened
ginnu said:

Thats a good question. Who knows? I doubt if there is any precedent for a situation like this. But logically, if you enter on AP based on 485A, your 485B should be considered abandoned.

nato said:

As TheRealCanadian said above your EAD and AP are not attched to any one perticular I-485. Rather they are attached to your Pending AOS status. So it should not matter which AP or EAD you areusing.

That helps thanks tammy, realcanadian

hope that is not another of those grey areas bcos if say 485A is pending and denied then EAD / AP associated with it are invalidated..correct? or Am I wrong
tammy2 said:
As TheRealCanadian said above your EAD and AP are not attched to any one perticular I-485. Rather they are attached to your Pending AOS status. So it should not matter which AP or EAD you areusing.

crystalview said:
Hi, Wenl:

I have same situation as yours. The first 485 denied by error for the reason of not appearing for fingerprint, accordingly, my spouse's 485 was also denied. I filed motion to reopen and later submitted 2nd 485 (specifically mentioning my 1st 485 was denied in the cover letter and form) using the same approved I-140.
Later, the 1st 485 was approved.
Also done FP for the 2nd 485. I am now wondering what I should do with the 2nd 485, attorney and customer service suggest me to write a letter to withdraw the 2nd 485.
--------------- if the first I-485 is approved then second I-485 will be denied. you can write to service center where second I-485 is pending that your earlier filed I-485 #.... was approved by service center.... on date... or you can request to withdaraw the second I-485

nato said:
hope that is not another of those grey areas bcos if say 485A is pending and denied then EAD / AP associated with it are invalidated..correct? or Am I wrong

It is not grey area. EAD/ AP are associated with status( In otherwords A#) not with I-485A or B

Thanks for the advice. My first I-485 was mistakenly rejected because they could not find my filed medical examination. After it was re-opened and approved, USCIS approved my husband's second filed I-485. Does it mean my husband's first application is abandoned and should he also need to write to USCIS to withdraw his first application? I have an idea that if you filed 2nd one, you first one will be automatically abandoned. IS that right?