TSC May Tracker

No Title

I have my interview for 485 on August 31, 2001. I applied through my father (and so did my sister and my mom). I would just like to know what kind of questions they ask? is this like an approve/not approve thing? because the lawyer asked to come with us..so it is making my mom worried. Also, do they stamp passports that same day if u are approved by the officer? and what does it mean if they stamp the passport?
Last thing is my mom did not get her letter for the interview (but we all applied at the same time)? Why could this be?
Any thought on this is appreciated.
Thanks.

No Title

freemind,foofaa,GChopes,psvgc,desi2001,SantoshBijur,Chetan Vora,Vijay Hanabe,Adawang

I did discuss about refiling 2 weeks back with my lawyer and she discouraged me for 2 reasons:

1. I\'m not the only person in May who hasn\'t received ack/receipts for my AOS/AP/EAD. Looks like there are too many people in the same boat.

2. It would be annoying for INS Officers who are already overloaded with truck-load of files, if everybody starts refiling. It would potentially add more delay/chaos to the existing one.

My lawyer\'s firm is handling these cases for last 25+ years and last receipt received by the firm is for the AOS-AP-EAD filed on 04/26/01.
I would rather wait for 2 more weeks and I would also advice all of u to do the same.

But, let\'s update one another about individual progress..
It really helps guys...

desi2001

No Title

AOS Filed on March 2001

RD JUN 22 2001
ND JUN 26 2001

Still waiting on FP and EAD reciept notice..Only got the receipt notice for AOS and AP

No Title

I called my lawyer and he said the check even has not been cashed yet. So basically my file is sitting in the mail room for two months!!!

IMP : TSC missing applications ??

I got this email from a lawyer, don\'t know if it true but wanted to share with you all :

3. Missing Receipt Notices at TSC

Apparently, many applications and petitions filed with the INS Texas Service
Center (TSC) on or before May 1, 2001 have not been issued receipt notices.
The TSC liaison committee of the American Immigration Lawyers Association
(AILA) is working on compiling information on such cases, to assist TSC in
solving the problem. If your attorney is a member of AILA, kindly request
that an eMail message be sent to the committee Chair by August 4, 2001,
including the basic identifying information on the case and a statement as
to whether or not the filing fee check was cashed. Complete instructions as
to the information that needs to be included, and the eMail address for
sending the request, is available on the AILA members-only website.

We at The Law Office of Sheela Murthy have also noticed that receipts for
several cases filed during the remainder of May 2001 may also be "missing."
We are happy to provide any further updates from the Texas Service Center in
a forthcoming article in our MURTHYBULLETIN, as soon as TSC provides us an
update.

© The Law Office of Sheela Murthy P.C.

Any good/bad news???

hi friends,

just wondering whether you heard anything from TSC..
any more updates on the missing reciept notices???

Mine was mailed on May 8th 2001, so far no news
spoke to my lawyer, and he says the AILA reported problem
with the ones sent on or before May 1st 2001, so he cannot
do anything till TSC/AILA officially claim they screwed up
rest of May recieved applications also...

anybody heard anything positive in this regard..

iam getting tensed and worried..

best of luck

psvgc

no news yet

psvgc,
       Mine was also mailed around the same date. checks have not been cashed as of now. so don\'t worry I have a feeling we should get it in the month of august. will keep you posted if I hear something.

Some more update

psvgc, vettipuls, and a lot of may filers who are waiting,

I visited local INS in frustration on 7/25 with FEDEX tracking receipt and the Immigration Officer at the counter told me that my I-131 has been entered into the system. No other entry for me nor my wife has been entered yet. She(IIO) said, looks like ur packet is opened(Great... Job by INS after 12+ weeks) and I should get all the receipts soon. Till today, I haven\'t received anything. I\'ll keep u guys posted if there is any progress. All the best to u all and GOD HELP TSC..

No Title

desi2001, have your checks been cashed yet atleast for the I131 data that is entered? According to what I\'ve heared so far, the missing receipts is only for those whose information has been entered in to the system(prior to May 1 filers). Lets pray and hope for the best.

No Title

A friend of mine mailed his I-485/AP/EAD applications in the early part of May and he got his AP on Jul. 10 and EAD 0n Jul 19. My lawyer mailed my stuff around mid-May and I still got no receipts.

No Title

Here is what the Oh Law Firm says:

Updated 07/27/01: Good News for INS Frontlog Problem

People have been nervous about not receiving the Receipt Notices for various types of cases that even go back as early as April, 2001. Recently, people have been receiving receipt notices for certain cases such as I-129 nonimmigrant cases, I-765 EAD applications, etc., but not I-140 and 485 cases which were filed months back. Besides, when it comes to I-140 filings, the cases which are filed during the last week and afterwards were receiving receipt notices, but not the cases which were filed months ago.
Here is what is going on. As reported in May on this web site, the Service Centers faced a serious frontlog problem because of the two reasons: First was the flood of 245(i) cases, mostly family-based immigrant petitions. Secondly and most importantly, the INS was scheduled to have a new contractor that handles mail-room and data-entry duties, but the INS was tangled with the dispute with the old contractor which reportedly even developed into a court battle. These two factors led the Service Centers into a "truely" emergency, mails being piled boxes after boxes without being opened. To deal with the emergency, the Service Centers mobilized the officers to handle mail-room duties and data entries.
Now, the teleconference of AILA with the INS HQ on July 19, 2001gives people a good news. It indicates that the new contractor began work at the Service Centers, and over the last two weeks has made noticeable inroads in the frontlog. Most cases are now awaiting data entry, which means that receipts may not have been issued yet on some cases dating back to the 245(i) deluge in April. INS has no estimate yet on when the frontlog, which still consists of about 700,000 cases, will be caught up, but notes that it is giving highest priority to time sensitive cases (such as I-129s) and cases involving EADs. It is likely that once the frontlog is caught up, the backed-up cases will then become part of an expanding backlog in adjudications.
This answers the questions why so many I-140 cases which were filed even in April have yet to receive the Receipt Notices. Apparently, I-140 cases are not considered a priority case. Some recently filed I-140 cases received the Receipt Notices apparently because the new contractor started opening the incoming mails. It is thus apparent that the old I-140 filers need to maintain some patience. Some old filers have been refiling I-140 to take advantage of the situation, but it will turn the frontlog situation worse and the INS may not tolerate it. It may be painful, but we need some patience here.
The 245(i) last minute filers are particularly concerned about whether their cases are considered "filed" before the end of April since their last minute filings have yet to be acknolwedged by the Service Centers in the form of Receipt Notice. But the INS confirms that the mails have been stored such that the physical receipt evidence is preserved. There may be some problem cases, but people should not worry too much about the unusual circumstance.