Tsc-may/june Outstanding Receipt Tracker

No Title

PCee:

Checks not yet cashed. EAD and Parole are both overdue and I haven\'t even got the receipts, yet. GRRRRRRRRR....

No Title

Ultra P,

While going through SheelaMurthy\'s site I saw following article...
http://www.murthy.com/ukmistsc.html

Missing Receipt Notices at TSC

Apparently, many applications and petitions filed with the INS Texas Service Center (TSC) on or before May 1, 2001 have not been issued receipt notices. The TSC liaison committee of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) is working on compiling information on such cases, to assist TSC in solving the problem. If your attorney is a member of AILA, kindly request that an eMail message be sent to the committee Chair by August 4, 2001, including the basic identifying information on the case and a statement as to whether or not the filing fee check was cashed. Complete instructions as to the information that needs to be included, and the eMail address for sending the request, is available on the AILA members-only website.

We at The Law Office of Sheela Murthy have also noticed that receipts for several cases filed during the remainder of May 2001 may also be "missing." We are happy to provide any further updates from the Texas Service Center in a forthcoming article in our MurthyBulletin, as soon as TSC provides us an update.

- PCee

PCee: Checks cashed !!!

Yup I saw this article... Consider yourself lucky. CSC is a superstar compared to TSC. Sometimes I wonder whether the TSC employees have high enough IQ to even find their way to work...

Anyway, the (sort of) good news is they just cashed my checks today. After 4.5 months. At this rate I should have the greencard by the time my grandkids make it to retirement.

EAD & AP approved, No 485 receipt yet

My EAD & AP were approved, No 485 receipt yet. Mailed on 6/14...

Ho bizarre! Any body in the same situation?

YK

received receipts

Received receipts today in mail, RD July 11, ND August 29. Have to now wait for EAD approval and AP.

Lost I-485 receipt

Hi all,

I called the TSC today. The IIO I spoke to told me that my I-485 reciept was sent on 7/24 and told me that my SRC is 01226XXXXX. Obviously, the mail was lost. I asked him if he could send me the receipts again, he refused.

I am asking you guys to help:
1. Did any body encounter this problem before? How did you solve it?
2. How could I verify the SRC is for my case? How to verify that the related information regarding my application is correct on the record? ( I am suspicious they have the wrong address on it)
3. What is the telephone number to check the I-485 status after you have the SRC number?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

YK

No Title

Yellow Knight,

I am surprised to some extent about the IIO! If there is a question about receipts/notice not reached the candidate then one need to verify the address on the file.

Try calling the IIO and tell him or her that you didn\'t receive receipts at all and want to make sure that your address is correct on the file.

By the way do you have an attorney? Is attroney filed for your 485? If yes, then receipts are sent to the attorney, and also to findout about address etc. you need your attorney\'s help.

Good luck,
PCee

Congratulations...

Ultra P,

Congratulations on INS cashing your checks, yes, it is kind of relief to know that INS didn\'t loose your case and I hope and wish that they give you proper RD, ND based on when your application reached INS. I think somewhat processing is absed on these dates and hope that you didn\'t loose any time because of this. I also hope and wish that TSC picks up speed for AOS.

I got my LC and I-140 from TSC, it took really very long time, since I live in California I filed for 485 from CSC. Still waiting for receipts (checks are not cashed yet!)

By the way can you please let me know your RD, ND once you get them?

Thanks
PCee

I-485: where should one file??

PCee:

Actually I now live in New York which belongs to VSC but according to INS the I-485 should be filed at the same center where I-140 was processed. That\'s why I filed I-485 at TSC. Has this rule been relaxed? Am I missing something here? Looks likely that either your or my case will be transferred (OH NO!!!)

No receipts yet.

Lost I-485 receipts

Hi PCee,

Thanks for your suggestions. I have a lazy internal attorney, and I will try to get her to do it. I did it just because she is basically useless.

Thanks.

YK

485 Status

Hello Everyone,

I just got my I140 approved and I appreciate if you can let me know in TSC whatz the current ND date they are working on.Also how long they are taking to adjudicate the 485 case under EB3 or EB2 approx.

Thanks in Advance.

A good question...

Ultra P,

I know in I-485 instructions it clearely says that one need to file where I-140 got approved, but when I talked to my attorney I was told that I should file in Service center where I live (but I was also told that It is not a must!) If I file in TSC I was told that for Finger printing I need to travel to some local INS office in TSC region. Then I talked to atleast three lawyers and some said I MUST file in CSC and some said I CAN file in CSC. As no one said I should not or cannot file in CSC, I filed in CSC.

By the way I came accross following related discussion on this board, and it is interesting!!!
http://www.immigrationportal.com/WebX?128@@.efc274f

- PCee

Got receipt numbers from IIO

After dialing 15 times and 20 min hold time I got thru to an IIO. She was surprisingly helpful. Got receipt numbers for I-765, I-131 & I-485. Although I FedExed it in late April, the RD in their system is 08/30. Still waiting for the paper receipts.

SRC-01-257

No mention of transfer even though I live in NY now.

No Title

Ultra P,

Congratulations, I am pretty sure that 8/30 is your ND! Here is why...

1. Packets received on 8/30 are not opened yet, and may need to wait for another month or so..
2. SRC number is based on ND and SRC-01-257 is very close to 8/30 (surprisingly no one in this thread reported their SRC number, if we have that data we can easily compare).
3. Normally AVM (system) referes to ND as receive date ("Your application for --- received on ---")

- PCee