Tsc-may/june Outstanding Receipt Tracker

EAD cards received today

I received EAD cards for (me & wife) in mail today.

I never received EAD receipts.

ND 08/21/2001

Still waiting for AP approval & actual 485 receipts

No Title

ajax,
This is not to scare you, but to give some info regarding 90 days count. Looks like we all are wrong. I was under the assumption that 90 days will be counted from RD. Check this out:gettingold "EAD" 8/31/01 8:07am

Cashed Check

My bank statement shows the check for my AOS, EAD and AP fees was cashed on Aug. 29. Does this mean I will get my EAD very soon? Or will I still get a receipt notice while the process continues? I am concerned because my TN will expire in Sept. Anyone with similar experience please respond. Thanks.

Got SRC numbers for 485/AP/EAD

I spoke with an IIO today and she told our receipts is in the mail!!!!
We r very happy evenif we lost 3 months after filing for 485.....getting the receipt from TSC is a major milestone now....

No Title

Seems to me this 90 days rule really depends on how your local INS office interprets it. This is the quote from INS website

"If INS does not approve or deny your Employment Authorization Document application within 90 days (within 30 days for an asylum applicant), you may request an interim Employment Authorization Document. You must go to your local INS district office and bring with you proof of your identity and any documents that INS has sent you about your employment authorization application"...

It doesn\'t specify if it\'s RD or ND.

From this forum, we kept seeing people using 90 days rule by RD got their interim EADs, and there were also some folks had bad luck. My personal opinion is if you wanted an EAD asap, it\'s worth trying your local INS office.

Good luck!

cashed

mailed at 6/5
RD:6/11
ND:8/23
got paper receipts.
checks cashed at 8/30

waitting for CARD!

Finally

I got an E mail just now from my company lawyer that they got a receipt for my wife\'s and my I 485.

So finally - filed on 6th June EB 3 India.
ND - 08/31/2001.

Yeeehaaa !!!!! ....... on to the next queue (fingerprinting).

Ranj

Check Cashed

Was the check for AOS, EAD, FP etc... Is it the EAD card that you are waiting for? How did you get receipts before your check was cashed. Please elaborate.

Mine is reversed. No receipts yet; check cashed on Aug 29. Does this suggest anything good?

yes, it is good news for you.

Checks for 485/EAD are cashed.
They enter my application into computer, then mailed me receipts.
check cashed alomost at the same time.

I am waitting for the approve notice receipt and EAD card. Sorry I confused you. But, your check is cashed, that is a good news. you will get your receipts in no time.

FINNALY THE RECEIPTS ARE HERE

TODAY RECEIVED RECEIPTS FOR I485,EAD AND AP

RD JUNE 9
ND AUG 24

I AM STILL NOT VERY SURE WHAT IS THE 90 DAYS COUNTDOWN POINT,IS IT RD OR ND? CAN SOME ONE REFER US TO AN INS DOCUMENT WHICH CLEARLY STATES AS TO WHEN DOES THE 90 DAYS COUNT DOWN START. THIS INFORMATION WILL BE USEFUL TO MANY ON ALL THREADS RELATED TO RECEIPTS

TSC VMX

Sorry I didnt reply sooner....I was away.
The message was "On August 23 your EAD was approved.... "
let me know if you have any questions.
GChopes

Legal Status

The receipts for our I-485, I-765 and I-131 are in.
RD: June 11, 2001
ND: August 27, 2001
Do I still have to renew my TN work permit? Or am I now in legal status pending action on the applications?

485- Receipts

I received my I-485 receipts (me & wife) from lawyer today.

Thank God! It has

RD 05/21
ND 08/21

TSCW8er, psvgc, vettipuls
 AVM indeed talks about ND and not RD ...

Receipt Notices Issues at TSC

Sheela Murthy site has posted a very useful bulletin :

Contractor Dispute Delaying Receipt Notices at TSC

We at The Law Office of Sheela Murthy, P.C. have received many inquiries on delays in receipt issuance for I-485 (adjustment of status) applications at the INS Texas Service Center (TSC). We understand that the delays are due to a "contractor problem." By some estimates there are at least 100,000 pieces of unopened mail at TSC. The problem dates back to May or June of 2001.

Apparently the reason for the serious backlog at TSC is that the INS fired the contracted company that provided the mailroom workers. The new contractor was to begin its service in June of 2001. The old contractor filed suit against the INS. In view of the pending litigation, the prior contractor refused to train the new contractor\'s workers on the mailroom procedures at TSC, in order to ensure a smooth transition. So the new contractor must now put new systems into place, train their people from scratch and so forth. While they are making progress, it could take another 60 or even 90 days to catch up.

Applicants who filed cases on or before May 24, 2001 should hopefully be getting receipts shortly. Attorney members of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) can bring to the attention of the AILA I-485 Liaison for TSC any cases filed before May 24, 2001 with receipts not yet issued and received. INS has requested that they be notified of such cases, so that they can monitor the situation. As to cases filed after May 24, 2001, TSC may still be unable to provide any information. The AILA liaison can also do nothing at this time on cases filed after that date.

The delay in receipts for I-485s, and accompanying I-765s (work authorization applications) and I-131s (advance parole applications) has caused serious hardship for many. INS regulations state that if an employment authorization document (EAD) is not issued within 90 days of filing the I-765, the local District Office of INS must issue an interim EAD. [Note : The applicant must bring proof of having filed the application 90 days earlier with the Service Center.] Although some local offices may accept courier or express mail receipts or may check to see whether the case can be located in the computer system, most INS offices require the Service Center receipt notice. This requirement puts those who have filed at TSC in a bind, resulting in the possible loss of employment opportunities.

We at The Law Office of Sheela Murthy believe that with AILA intervention some progress should be made in the near future. In the meantime, the AILA Liaison has recommended that people who are suffering hardship due to the lack of receipts should write to INS Headquarters requesting that local INS District offices be required to accept courier or postal receipts. Another recommendation is for those affected to, themselves, contact or have their employers contact their Senators and Representatives, to obtain a speedy resolution to this problem.

485 checks finally cashed

I submitted my application for 485/EAD/AP on June 15 and yesterday the checks were finally cashed. I guess the receipts will be in the mail now.

05/01 still waiting

Filed the AOS package (I-485, I-131, I-765) on 05/01/2001 (got Fedex receipt). Still no INS receipts, no approvals. Inquired by fax 2 weeks ago, no response. Getting desparate.

No Title

Hi Ultra P,

If you didn\'t, find out if your checks are cashed. I have similar problem at CSC.

I mailed my 485 packet on 6/28 to California Service Center. As per UPS tracking, my packet reached INS on 6/29. In CSC people mailed around mid July got their receipts. Actually my checks are not cashed yet! I talked to an IIO twice so far and got standard answer "...no information in the system about my case". I sent a fax enquiry yesterday and waiting for some thing to happen. No response yet!

Keep in touch.

Good luck
PCee