TSC inefficiency needs to be exposed

BK

Registered Users (C)
TSC staff is definitely not doing their jobs, and i think they should not get away with this. I believe we need to expose the TSC by contacting all Senators/congressmen/congresswomen/news media in this region to discuss the disparity in processing time compared to all other centers.
Enough is Enough. We need changes... It\'s time to make these TSC Staff justify what they are being paid to do by "we" the tax payers.
I imploy all of us to bombard the members of Congress/Senate/media with letters of concern.
What do u all think ???????

No Title

Absolutely agree. TX center has the excuse that they are still processing 7/99 cases. If any of you contact your congressman after waiting for 1.8 year, TX center would present their report saying they are still at 7/99 (So it is reasonable 8/99 cases are not approved). But who set 7/99 as the reasonable date for I-485 processing? It is Tx center itself. That is an outrageouse date and excuse. We can not wait here and let the 7/99 kill everyone. Please unite and propose a letter and post contact information of your congressman here if you know. Send faxes and letters. If some expert can create a web site for the act, it would be more convenient for everyone who wants to join and the voice will be stronger. Any better ideas? Thanks.

No Title

Agree! TSC should feel the same burning hot as we do.
I do belieave there are a lot of people, may never access this web page, around us who are in the same boat as we are. We need to get all TSC sufferers\' supports including them. If whoever has a list of Sen/Con. and the template of the ax letter, please post it here. So we can distribute it among all our friends/co-workers.

No Title

The problem is people who are suffering don\'t even care about themselves. They can not get up and email their concern to respective cong. men/senators. I\'ve met and seen many individual who would visit the web site to gather information but would never share their information.
Then again its their choice. This is one of the country where if u raise u\'r voice, U have best chance the authority would listen.
This is the first thing I\'m gonna do Monday morning. We do so many things each day, I\'m sure we can spare 10 minutes to email senators/cong man.

No Title

I contacted the congressman\'s office only to be told that TSC is processing 7/99 cases and that the congressman can not do anything. I think this is the basic instinct of everybody here. That is "why facilitate these people to immigrate-when our purpose ie being served anyway". This is at the back of TSC\'s mind and at the back of congressman\'s office personal\'s mind. We people have natural fear to raise voice against this exploitation because of the fear of retribution by TSC, by Congress and infact by everybody who has something to do with immigration of "Aliens".
Dont you Guys feel the sense of humiliation when being Branded Aliens while working your heart-out as TSC officials Roast their A.. on your File. I am all for raising a hell about the workings of TSC.

No Title

waitwait,
I agree with you that these people don\'t care as their purpose is being served anyway. But if don\'t do any thing we can\'t even expect that they would do any thing about it.
I guess isn.org has a link to find out cong men and senator and letter draft.
I appreciate that u went ahead and contacted the cong man.
I beleive in "biggest risk is not taking one"
Lets all do it together ----->

No Title

http://congress.org/ gives contact information for senators in each state after you input your zip code. There are contact information about the district officials in your area after you give full zip code (5+4 digit). You can send e-mail by simply clicking. There was a letter in I-140 (TX) forum a while ago. If someone can get the letter and emphasize the I-485 issue, it will be helpful. Please post.

No Title

Thanks fellow applicants for all you responses. Could you all take a look at the letter that i came up with and provide your input/opinion. The sample letter is listed below:

-BK

===============================================================

Texas Service Center (TSC) I-485 Waiter
                         July 8, 2001

Congressman
District

Dear Sir/Ms,

Request for your assistance to make TSC more efficient like other Service centers.

I, one of the (77,000+) I-485 (Adjustment of Status) Applicants in the Texas Service Center would like to inform your office about the major disparity in the I-485 processing time in the TSC - Texas Service Center compared to all other centers ( CSC – California Service Center, VSC – Vermont Service Center, NSC – Nebraska Service Center)
Various Processing reports for all the service centers indicate that Texas Service Center is the slowest. The TSC is still working on July 1999 cases. This has been the same for over 6 months. Other Service centers have been working to cut down the processing time to within the 180 day INS processing time target since late last year.

Listed below are the processing times in various service centers:

VSC - Currently processing cases filed in August 2000.
NSC - Currently processing cases filed in August 2000
CSC - Currently processing cases filed in February 2001
TSC - Currently processing cases filed in July 1999

As a direct comparison, CSC and TSC regularly handle about the same number of cases.
So there is no reason why TSC cannot adjudicate cases faster than they currently are.
Although, we know that processing times in the four service centers cannot be exactly identical, we do however feel that TSC can do better.

We know that in the past, individuals have contacted your office regarding their individual cases, but we feel that it is time to collectively express our dilemma, frustrations and concerns with the manner in which our cases are being handled.
Most of us have been waiting patiently for a decision from TSC for almost 2 years, but haven’t heard anything so far. Our fingerprints are expiring or already expired.
For those of us who filed employment based immigrant application, we are constantly living in fear of losing our jobs in this current delicate economy.

We therefore would like to ask for your assistance in appealing to Texas Service Center to adjudicate our I-485 cases in a more expeditious manner.

Thank you for your anticipated cooperation.

Sincerely,
(77,000+ ) I-485 applicants.

No Title

(check out this Sample Letter)Thanks fellow applicants for all you responses. Could you all take a look at the letter that i came up with and provide your input/opinion. The sample letter is listed below:

-BK

===============================================================

Texas Service Center (TSC) I-485 Waiter
                         July 8, 2001

Congressman
District

Dear Sir/Ms,

Request for your assistance to make TSC more efficient like other Service centers.

I, one of the (77,000+) I-485 (Adjustment of Status) Applicants in the Texas Service Center would like to inform your office about the major disparity in the I-485 processing time in the TSC - Texas Service Center compared to all other centers ( CSC – California Service Center, VSC – Vermont Service Center, NSC – Nebraska Service Center)
Various Processing reports for all the service centers indicate that Texas Service Center is the slowest. The TSC is still working on July 1999 cases. This has been the same for over 6 months. Other Service centers have been working to cut down the processing time to within the 180 day INS processing time target since late last year.

Listed below are the processing times in various service centers:

As a direct comparison, CSC and TSC regularly handle about the same number of cases.
So there is no reason why TSC cannot adjudicate cases faster than they currently are.
Although, we know that processing times in the four service centers cannot be exactly identical, we do however feel that TSC can do better.

We know that in the past, individuals have contacted your office regarding their individual cases, but we feel that it is time to collectively express our dilemma, frustrations and concerns with the manner in which our cases are being handled.
Most of us have been waiting patiently for a decision from TSC for almost 2 years, but haven’t heard anything so far. Our fingerprints are expiring or already expired.
For those of us who filed employment based immigrant application, we are constantly living in fear of losing our jobs in this current delicate economy.

We therefore would like to ask for your assistance in appealing to Texas Service Center to adjudicate our I-485 cases in a more expeditious manner.

Thank you for your anticipated cooperation.

Sincerely,
(77,000+ ) I-485 applicants.

No Title

Thanks BK. I guess it provides a good frame work. I\'m gonna add about delay in sending the receipt notices too.
kofi

No Title

I have sent the above letter to Kay Bailey Hutchinson. Hope everybody with this problem send their copy in also.

It will be a good idea to forward this letter with the email addresses of the senator\'s and tell all your friends who have similar problems to send emails also. I have told a few of my friends to do the same.

Please tell your friends also.

No Title

okay guys I have done my part. I have emailed all 3 senators today morning. I hope everyone who frequents here does the same instead of merely just complaining about the system. Collectively we can make a difference. BK great work. Thanks.

No Title

Are you sending this letter to your local congressman/senator? or to a the congressman/senators in Texas?

Thanks,
CPB

No Title

I sent mine to President, Senates, Comgressman too. Let\'s us work together to change TSC.

Qixin Zuo

No Title

BK,
Good Job! I am going to send this letter to my local Congressman and Senator now.

Lisa

No Title

I e-mailed the following letter to Sen.Gramm and Sen. Hutchison.

Request for your assistance to make INS --> TSC more efficient like other Service centers

I would like to introduce myself as one of the (77,000+) I-485 Adjustment of Status Applicant in the Texas Service Center and would like to inform your office about the major disparity in the I-485 Application processing time in the TSC - Texas Service Center as compared to all other Service centers ( CSC – California Service Center, VSC – Vermont Service Center, NSC – Nebraska Service Center).

Monthly Processing reports provided by the Service centers indicate that Texas Service Center is the slowest in terms of processing the I485 (Adjustment of Status) applications.
Listed below are the processing times in various service centers for I-485 (Adjustment of Status) applications:
As could be seen, TSC is still working on cases filed before July 1999 and this date has not changed for over 6 months. Other Service centers have been working to cut down the processing time to within the 180 day INS processing time target since late last year. Though it is understandable that there would be some differences in processing times between different processing centers, there is a vast difference between TSC and other Service Centers processing times (atleast a year).
May I request your assistance in appealing to Texas Service Center to adjudicate the I-485 (Adjustment of Status) cases in a more expeditious manner ?
Thank you for your effort in this regard.

No Title

Excellent ... I also wanted to contact the local congressman or senator. Probably, we can contact them separately so that by the overwhelming emails/correspondence they will do something about it. I think you have all the concerns of the TSC 485 applicants in your letter.
I am also in the waiting mode since a year and a half. My details are
SRC 00 107 ....
RD 03/00
FP 05/00
EB2 RIR

No Title

Great job guys, I did my bit.
sent to president, senators and cong men.
kofi