TSC I485 Tracker in April 04

This is to Thank every one for their effort and time

THANKS

THANKS

THANKS

THANKS

VERY USEFUL.

REALLY GIVES SOME INSIGHT INTO WHATS GOING ON.

SO SINCERE THANKS TO ALL INVOLVED FOR THEIR EFFORTS AND TIME.

Re: This is to Thank every one for their effort and time

Originally posted by Cary6
THANKS

THANKS

THANKS

THANKS

VERY USEFUL.

REALLY GIVES SOME INSIGHT INTO WHATS GOING ON.

SO SINCERE THANKS TO ALL INVOLVED FOR THEIR EFFORTS AND TIME.

PLs scan and add a few days statistics if you really mean to make this information usefull..

--pr

Version 276

Piscarus,

I have no clue why you can not save the spreadsheets i have posted. I followed exact instruction metnioned by "goastros".

Suny

suny - I don't think that you did anything "wrong". Other folks have had similar kinds of problems with Excel. We still don't understand exactly why certain files give the error message when we try to save. We really appreciate your interest in contributing to this database - please continue to scan (preferably new dates) and post. Thanks.

Originally posted by suny
Piscarus,

I have no clue why you can not save the spreadsheets i have posted. I followed exact instruction metnioned by "goastros".

Suny

suny, that is what must have happened.. you followed exact instruction by "me"..:D
Cos this problem has started happening to my postings too.

This started happening lately and i think to GcCare's postings too.

If I download my own file, it works fine for me.

So suny, right now I am suspecting it is some excel issue or something.
it really makes no sense, since i have posted from my desktop ( XP & Excel - office XP ) and then from my work ( win 2000 & office 2000) , yet most others have consistently had problems with my postings.

So now I too am not running rescans ( frustrating) but doing new scans.

Picking up from ver281 and scanned to 01-246 before I hit the 1000 limit. April approval is 584.

No one is adding it SRC03-063

Please add to the file SRC03-063 Thanks in advance

Please find the file in my previous posting.. on page 3

Problem Opening the file, found a fix

Goastros and others

Hi I think i solved my problem with opening the file..

I Downloaded patiencelessTX's ver 282 to my computer, which created a directory freedom_ver282 within that there is a file called all_cons

When i double clicked on this file to open the file i was getting a error(gpf)..

Then i right clicked on the directory and select "Extract all" which put the all_cons file in the root(You can click on folders adnd select extract from there) I have Windows XP though, i dont have any problem opening the file..

I thought it may help...

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Possible solution to the Saving File Problem

Originally posted by gc031502
Goastros and others

I Downloaded patiencelessTX's ver 282 to my computer, which created a directory freedom_ver282 within that there is a file called all_cons

When i double clicked on this file to open the file i was getting a error(gpf)..

Then i right clicked on the directory and select "Extract all" which put the all_cons file in the root(You can click on folders adnd select extract from there) I have Windows XP though, i dont have any problem opening the file..

I thought it may help...

Thanks

All,

I was reading all these posts about file saving problems ; so I decided to download the latest file to check for some settings.

After checking the "Calculation" Options I noticed that it is set to "Automatic" ; I think this is causing the problem.

Chage this as follows:

Go to Tools --> Options
Go to the CALCULATION tab
Select "Manual" and check the box "Recalculate before Save"

Note that this setting is on a "FILE" basis so changing it in the consolidated file does not effect you other excel files.

Also note that once this value is set to "Manual" it will free up valuable resourses that the Computer uses to do periodic Calculations.

This will also help in a "Quick" opening of the file:

Since there are different streams of files people are using please check this in the file you are using.

Best Regards.

:) :)
Goastors, What happend to our lunch > Please email me

Possible solution to the Saving File Problem

Goastros and others

I thought it may help...

Thanks

All,

I forgot to mention that you can use "F9" to start the calculation.
e.g After a scan / adding new sheet.

Best Regards.

:) :)
Goastors, What happend to our lunch > Please email me

Last edited by a moderator:
I meant to mention this before - when I try to go to Tools -> Options, I get bombed out also (even before I can make my selection) with an error. Fortunately, pradha always sets this option in Manual, so when I start from his file, this options is already selected. But as a general rule, this is a great suggestion and a huge time saver.

gc031502 - even when I extract the file like you have mentioned, I can open the file, but I still get the error when I try to save the file.

goastros,

Looks like more people are joining your team. We need to figure out something. Last night I picked the file from laava vers282. Normally I check saving once before I do anything these days, but yesterday was in a little hurry , so just started a rescan to come back and look at. Did upto 257 or so, but triggered an exception when saving .. It had 632 or so for April

Patienceless, picsarus , can you also just check sometime when you get a chance on ver282. Just make sure it is the same pattern.

--pr

Re: Problem Opening the file, found a fix

Goastros and others

I thought it may help...

Thanks

gc031502,

This problem was while opening, not saving the file. Am I right??
Trying to figure out any patterns for the file saving problem.

What I experince is like this.

It works fine as long as I do not save. I can change , I can change options all. But if I save it encounters an exception.

--pr

Same here. Problem in saving the file..

Like Pradha said, it is working fine as long we do not save. I used ver282. Scanned all of the Dec01 range and had problem in saving it.

Same thing pradha - v282, can open it, change options, cannot save it (using Excel 97 SR2, Windows 2000 Pro).

I couldn't change options using Windows XP from home yesterday.