TSC Distinguished Club

Sorry to hear that Buddy;

I would seek help from a lawyer immediatly, get a folder ready with all your documentation, date, time and person who answered the call at CIS, all the letters sent to congressman, ombudsman, USCIS, etc, the more proofs you have the better.

You must work on that ASAP, make noise, let them know they are wrong, also make sure you print the case status of your case, where it does not show any update, before the update it.

Good luck

I think you should have an appointment with your local USCIS office, and find out what options they could offer.

coolguy_11 said:
It is totally bullshit.

I am totally lost now and don’t know what I should do. My dear forum fellows, your kind suggestions and advices are highly welcome and appreciated.

Missing biometrics

I applied for adjustment of status 12/04, since then I have not received a biometrics appointment. Everybody I know who has applied for AOS, the biometrics appointment was the first thing they received. I called USCIS and, as usual, they gave no useful information. I've also noticed a lot of people have had many changes in LUD. I only got one when my case was transfered to Texas, and when they requested and received the RFI. Its been too quiet, is this normal after almost two years? Any ideas.

same timeline as mine except i got my bio done but i have not had a single LUD since april, seems to me that December 2004 fell down the crack or something.

LUD change

I got LUD change today. Anybody else?
If not, then, I guess, they started working on my file finally.

Last edited by a moderator:
LUD change

jealex said:
I got LUD change too. I am one of 5/24/2006 club.

Damn it! I thought I was the special one.
So, I guess it's just "regular" update with no real action again.

Strange message

No LUD change but I get the message:

Status for this Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the service center where you submitted your application.

taurusborn said:
No LUD change but I get the message:

Status for this Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the service center where you submitted your application.
congrats....Approved

Same here. Got an update on 09/05/2006. Looks like I have cleared name check with FBI. Last time I checked, my name check was pending.

Asylum granted 08/2003
ND 09/2004
RFI Received by USCIS 03/29/2006
BIO 3 04/03/2006
LUD 03/29, 04/03, 05/19, 09/05

asylee123 said:
Same here. Got an update on 09/05/2006. Looks like I have cleared name check with FBI. Last time I checked, my name check was pending.

Asylum granted 08/2003
ND 09/2004
RFI Received by USCIS 03/29/2006
BIO 3 04/03/2006
LUD 03/29, 04/03, 05/19, 09/05

Asylee123,

How do you check with FBI if your name check is cleared?

Thanks

Juxhin

ND 03/2002
RFI Received by USCIS 10/2005
BIO 10/2005
Since then no LUD whatsoever

I checked with my congressman's immigration liaison in June 2006. USCIS replied that the reason my case had not been updated since May 19 was because of the name check. According to USCIS reply, that was the only thing they needed to have my case approved. Since my case got updated yesterday, it is quite possible I have cleared the name check. I have sent an email to the congressman's office to make sure, but have not received the reply yet.

Just FYI, FBI says that it takes 4 months to process 98% of name checks. So, if you have waited for several months for your name check, it should be completed soon.

coolguy_11 said:
It is totally bullshit.

I received a letter from TSC today. The letter was dated 08/28/06 and was mailed out on 08/29/06. At first glance I thought it would be the letter for fingerprinting. But when I opened it I was shocked.

1: My case was denied because I did not show up for fingerprinting on March 8, 2006.
2: The letter says that I filed my I-485 in October 2004 but actually I filed my I-485in February 2005.

I checked my mailbox everyday it should not be possibly lost if CIS did send me the letter for fingereprinting. I called CIS for fingerprinting in April or May, because I worried about CIS might wrongly mail the letter and I might miss the fingerprinting time, the customer representative told me that there was no evidence showing CIS already sent me a letter requesting for fingerprinting.

Even today I checked the on-line status, it says that my case is still in processing.

What should I do now?

1. Do I need to send them a letter telling them I never receive the fingerprinting letter? Will it still be useful?
2. Do I have to hire a lawyer or do by myself to reopen the case or re-file my I-485 again. Which way is the best? Re-open or re-file?
3. I requested my congressman to send them a letter last month asking how and where my case has been processing. Do I need to ask my congressman for help again?

4. Is it possible CIS made a mistake since I actually filed my I-485 in February 2005, rather than the time "October 2004" shown on the letter I receive today.

I am totally lost now and don’t know what I should do. My dear forum fellows, your kind suggestions and advices are highly welcome and appreciated.
:mad:
I got the exact same problem here, I was suppose to appear for fingerprins on march 1st. It looks like TSC system made a mistake, i know by a lawyer friend of mine that other person here has the same case. We might get together and filled a lawsuit against TSC for this mistake, but my lawyer says it might means more time and money, also in my case that i have a proof with my congressman letter; it will make it easier to appeal but anyway will take between 3 months to one year extra waiting to get reopen my case and continue the residence process. I'm so sad for this, kind of stock here with no more options. I just hope that for all others with those new LUD means GC for you. :rolleyes:
So friend my better advice on this is hurry up! get a lawyer as soonest. you have 30 days from notice date to send a motion to reopen the case or fill up i-485 again which is gonna take you more time and money. get all the information about your calls to Uscis about your case and any other proof that you been inquiring about your case. and goood luck to you and me. Only GOD knows how sad and powerless feel now........................... :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I also got a LUD update today. It's the first update since 05/24/06.
I've noticed that a lot of people on this forum had this gap between 05/24/06 and 09/06/06 - Do u think that INS just started to work on our cases today or it's just some kind od computer bug or something. I mean there is no way that so many people on this forum got the same LUD. What do u think?

Here is my update:
Yeserday I've recieved a letter - the Notice of Decision stating that I have violated Federal Regulations Title 8 Code, part 103.2(13) - failure to appeared for requested fingerprinting on 3/18/06 and based on that they have denied my I-485 application. I was astonished by this news. The interesting part that after that date I was taken fingerprints twice. Well, I've found the fingerprint invitation letter with a big red processing stamp proving that fingerprints was taken on that date, attached a copy of it to an application I-290B with $385!!! check and send that back to Texes Service Center.

Something is odd here, why are some many people being denied? I guees this is the backlog reduction they talked about.