TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

Name Check

Came to know that Name check is started on 11 may 2006 and it is stilll "in process" and IO told me visa has been allocated but waiting for name check to be cleared. What is the next step? Already wrote to FL and senator.

Please advice..

added neargc and kst1 information

imcdude
rajkiran2002us
ybnyk
rollingstone
prince123
bygdsgrc
cheeka
sai_krishna
mztxus
mitra88
zzzz4zzzz
Kolkata68
geofu54
itraaz
schehrazi
I612
dumok
kbhalla
neargc
kst1

It is interesting to see that they can allocate visa with pending name check. Did you confirm this from Infopass ?

Send follow up letters 1 month after last received letters. I am in the same boat and going to do the follow ups. Other than this there is nothing else which can be done.

Came to know that Name check is started on 11 may 2006 and it is stilll "in process" and IO told me visa has been allocated but waiting for name check to be cleared. What is the next step? Already wrote to FL and senator.

Please advice..

It is interesting to see that they can allocate visa with pending name check. Did you confirm this from Infopass ?

Send follow up letters 1 month after last received letters. I am in the same boat and going to do the follow ups. Other than this there is nothing else which can be done.

I called TSC and IO told me that.

We hear a lot about cases being allotted a visa number regardless of their security check status (we did hear the same from a local IO too), but you are probably the first actual such case I've ever seen in the forum. I think they will do what they said... wait for NC to be cleared and once it gets cleared you are a green card holder.

When did you write a letter to them?

Please advice..

Hi rollingstone,

I want to give it a try as well, do I have to attach a letter with the FOIPA request form or just fill out the form is enough.
Thanks for your response.
Got FBI FOIPA response. No records. I don't plan to beg from the FL to expedite NC. I don't think it works.

Card ordered for printing

Hi,
I received a notice from CRIS( USCIS online site?) that a card has been ordered. I surprised by this. I had finger print appointment in May'07.
Does this message really mean that my application is really approved.

I don't know whether I should be really happy with this. I got married couple of weeks back and my wife's application has not been added yet to my I485.

Can someone please share their knowledge, if my application is approved, do I still have any grace period to apply for my wife. She is here in US on F1.

My PD is June'05 and this date seem to be current for another 30 days.

Thanks for your thoughts.

We hear a lot about cases being allotted a visa number regardless of their security check status (we did hear the same from a local IO too), but you are probably the first actual such case I've ever seen in the forum. I think they will do what they said... wait for NC to be cleared and once it gets cleared you are a green card holder.

When did you write a letter to them?

I wrote to FL on 18 May 2007. I got response from FBI in regards to the letter to the FL stating that namecheck in process since may 2006. I also tlak to the First Lady's office . Does anyone here think writing to FL's office again with response of FBI ( ststing my name check in process) and asking if SHE can help expediting the name chech since it is over 1 years in process will help? Or should I wait few months as someone alreday took a look at my file to answer the FL's letter that my trigger to work on my namecheck in FBI.

Last edited by a moderator:
your GC is approved..

Its approved man, congrats!

I think the law is, as long as you were married before your approval, you have 180 days to file for your wife's I485..

Of course, consult with your lawyer..as you know I am not one :)..

Hi,
I received a notice from CRIS( USCIS online site?) that a card has been ordered. I surprised by this. I had finger print appointment in May'07.

I don't know whether I should be really happy with this. I got married couple of weeks back and my wife's application has not been added yet to my I485.

Can someone please share their knowledge, if my application is approved, do I still have any grace period to apply for my wife. She is here in US on F1.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

Congrats !!! But I know you must be in tremendous pressure as your wife's name is not yet added. As I understand there is an alternative route if your GC is approved before adding your wife's name to your I485. As long as you are married before your GC approval you can follow that route. It might take somewhere in between 1 to 1.5 years for her GC. It is called "Follow to Join". Please go through the following thread and you might get some more info on this topic. Initially I was planing to follow that route. But now my wife's name is added to my I485.
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=96693&page=191&pp=15

added nallabalu information

imcdude
rajkiran2002us
ybnyk
rollingstone
prince123
bygdsgrc
cheeka
sai_krishna
mztxus
mitra88
zzzz4zzzz
Kolkata68
geofu54
itraaz
schehrazi
I612
dumok
kbhalla
neargc
kst1
nallabalu

How did you come to about your Name Check status? Where did you call and what # ?

Please let me know as well. Thanks!

Please advice..