TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

don't worry.....

I wouldn't worry a bit if I were you. You are already there (almost). As long as you receive the approval notice (I-797) for your spouse, you could go to regional USCIS center for stamping on the passport after 30 days. With that stamp on the passport, one can live and travel freely as the normal green card holder (the stamp itself is as valid as the regular green card except for the shorter expiration date). By the expiration date of the stamp, the card should be within your hand, also.

I have a total different experience, both my and my spouses cases were approved on 6/26. I received Card Production and Card sent e-mails but nothing for my spouse. I received my card and both our approval notices but no card for her. We called USCIS and were told to wait for 30 days. This is really frustrating, after being in this hole for almost 5 years, we are finally done and now another mess to deal with. Any ideas and suggestions will be welcome.

How to know whether in FBI namecheck or in USCIS background check ?

Upon query USCIS says "the processing of this case cannot proceed because of background checks pending".

I was wondering how to know whether in FBI namecheck or in USCIS background check ?

I wouldn't worry a bit if I were you. You are already there (almost). As long as you receive the approval notice (I-797) for your spouse, you could go to regional USCIS center for stamping on the passport after 30 days. With that stamp on the passport, one can live and travel freely as the normal green card holder (the stamp itself is as valid as the regular green card except for the shorter expiration date). By the expiration date of the stamp, the card should be within your hand, also.

Thanks Mitra,

I have taken an infopass for Jul 13, 2007, Do you think that I should cancel it since it will be less than 30 days? Thanks for your help.

Any help

hi, I filed my I-485 on 04/12/07 with ported priority date of December 2000, but I see in my I-485 receipt there is no priority date mentioned means it is blank. What is that mean? I didn't noticed until now as I was going thru my docs I just saw it by chance and it is blank.

Can some one help me why it is blank? I got my EAD on 1st week of June 2007.

thanks

I would appreciate if anybody shares their experiences "On Bench / No Pay when I-485 is pending"

My 140 is approved one year back & 485 is pending for more than one year. I am currently on i_485 pending status (No valid H1). I got lay-off last week. What is the "reasonable" period to stay on bench/no pay/unpaid vacation to find a new job.

Appreciate your thoughts.

I would appreciate if anybody shares their experiences "On Bench / No Pay when I-485 is pending"

My 140 is approved one year back & 485 is pending for more than one year. I am currently on i_485 pending status (No valid H1). I got lay-off last week. What is the "reasonable" period to stay on bench/no pay/unpaid vacation to find a new job.

Appreciate your thoughts.

Since you don't have a valid status now, you should find an employer or at least someone who wants to employ you after your I-485 is approved ASAP. If the USCIS does not issue an RFE asking for employment letter and paychecks from you, you will be fine but you can never be sure they won't do that. Therefore, you should find an employer ASAP.

Since they will give you 60 days to reply an RFE, you will have at least 60 days to find an employer since the RFE is issued.

Legally, you don't need to be employed to be eligible for an EB I485 application, you only need to have an sponsor company which committs to employ you after your case is approved. The reason, people are usually employed before applying for greencard is because companies need you to work for them in order to sponsor you. Otherwise, if a company is wiling to, it can sponsor anybody who is in the US legally (F-1 or H-1 or ...) for a greencard but they don't do unless they know you.

Please look for AC-21 in this forum for verification of my explanations. I posted a USCIS memorandum to this site a few month ago.

Thanks

Thanks for the clarification. If I have a offer letter from a new company then I should be fine even though not worked for few months? (i.e. stay on bench without pay) ?

Thanks for the clarification. If I have a offer letter from a new company then I should be fine even though not worked for few months? (i.e. stay on bench without pay) ?

The AC-21 memorandum which I mentioned in my previous post clearly explains that an EB permanent residency applicant DOES NOT need to be employed by the petitioning employer before the application is approved, however, he/she always needs to have a sponsoer petitioner.

I think job offer should be fine but talk to your attorney if you have any as well.

Guru's

I am also in the same boat as "hereismygc". I have priority date of late 2000 with substitution from EB2. Priority Column in 485 finger printing notice is left blank. Any idea? Can someone answer. Please...

Thanks,
Raj

I remeber earlier discussion in his forum regarding this topic. As I recall, at the time of issuing receipt, USCIS does not look closely at your application due to various substitution regulation and it is standard practice that PD is left blank in the receipt notice. This is doen for every applicant. Same is true for I-140 receipt notice. However, when I-140 approval notice is sent, the priority date will be filled.
Guru's

I am also in the same boat as "hereismygc". I have priority date of late 2000 with substitution from EB2. Priority Column in 485 finger printing notice is left blank. Any idea? Can someone answer. Please...

Thanks,
Raj

My Name Check cleared!!!

I had written to First Lady Laura Bush around March 11th 2007.
I also wrote to 2 senators on March 18th.

Last month, in response to Laura Bush's letter, FBI had written to me that my Name check was in process.

Today, I received a mail from Senator Barbara Boxer which contained a letter from FBI saying that my name check had been processed and sent to USCIS on June 14th 2007.

Anyway I guess I have to wait till October 2007 for the new visa numbers.

did you just write to FL and senator or did you attach your foipa report or something to them?

Last month, in response to Laura Bush's letter, FBI had written to me that my Name check was in process.

Today, I received a mail from Senator Barbara Boxer which contained a letter from FBI saying that my name check had been processed and sent to USCIS on June 14th 2007.

May be you will get approved this month ..

See NSC forums http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=227329&page=134 , people are reporting approvals.

My updated info: LFGC

Our Receipt notices were recd by attorney...forwarded to me.

LFGC
PD:Mar-2002
I-485 (TSC) RD: 06/08/07 (notice recd by attorney)
ND: 06/25/07
FP notice recd: 07/02/07 for 07/12/07
FP completed: 07/06/07 (requested preponement)
LUD:07/06/07, 07/07/07

imcdude
am just surprised why they dint approve ur case before july
because ur namecheck was cleared on june 14