TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

My knowledge is that using AP doesn't knock-out H1/H4 status.
When you enter on AP, you get I-94 with stamp "paroled until <date>".
Before expiry of that date you do an H1/H4 extension .

using EAD is another story. You abandon the H status.

That's my understanding too.

Looks like the official processing time is updated? (not that it's any way meaningful... ). NSC thread people mention that. I'm always lagged behind. People say to clear the cashe, but that doesn't seem to be it (because clearing cashe, closing and reopening the browser, even switching browsers, don't do it for me). Perhaps mirror server thing or others?

Anyway, I'd appreciate it if you can see the latest info (though I dunno if you or the [mirror?] site posts first)

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, it finally shows up for me.

It's 9/13/2006 for TSC (by the by 8/10 for NSC).

I'm sorta surprised it has "made progress" (whatever it may be) anyway after the recent massive transfer. Although, it takes nearly a month for those cases to arrive at TSC or NSC it seems, so who knows what we'll see when updated next time.

Approval summary

Reposting..

OK, I looked up the NSC, TSC trackers, past posts of some of the users and some general posts. Here's what I found:

Pending:

1. bigbang2001
  2. CA_0802_RIR_EB2
  3. Cheeka
  4. gciscoming
  5. ho_jayega
  6. in_labor
  7. leoraj
  8. matrix1
  9. NewAflatoon
  10. para_no_id
  11. poppyjoy
  12. RJ_NJ2002
  13. rockme
  14. shaba
  15. venram
  16. vine95050

Disappeared (Last post was when labor was approved)

1. always_missing
  2. ashokt
  3. balurams
  4. dc_labor
  5. dol ka bakra
  6. gcco
  7. hopelessNJ
  8. lillyyu
  9. octlc2002
  10. snr_green_card

Approved
  1. mrcMD
  2. SSCPANY
  3. dude123
  4. nick715us

Dead
radd

Unknown (Too tired to look them up)
(All others)

To summarize: Out of 62 users sampled, 16 are pending, 10 did not bother to post updates, 4 approved, 1 died, and remaining 31 status is unknown.

What I fail to understand is how TSC is claiming they're processing Sep 13 2006.

TSC Tracker

Hello folks,

I'm not quite certain about who keeps the TSC Tracker updated, so I apologize for randomly posting my case details. Our pending 485s (spouse and self) got transferred to TSC from the VSC yesterday (03/15/2007), so I thought I'd chime in and perhaps get myself added to this tracker.
Case details as posted below. Thank you to whomever is keeping track of these cases.

Username: ks_cc
Cross Chargeability Thread: http://boards.immigrationportal.com/...d.php?t=189753

Vermont Service Center : EB2 - World (Cross Chargeability Rule)

I-140 RD/ND: March 10 2006
I-140 AD: May 09 2006
I-485 RD: April 7 2006 (Application improperly sent back when mailroom ignored Cross Chargeability during concurrent filing)
Biometrics (Code 3): April 23 2006

EAD(1)/AP(1) RD: April 7 2006
EAD(1)/AP(1) AD: May 15 2006

EAD(2)/AP(2) RD: Jan 17 2007
EAD(2)/AP(2) AD: Feb 16 2007/Feb 18 2007

FBI Name Check Request Sent: April 2006
FBI Name Check Status [SELF]: PENDING (as of March 2007)
FBI Name Check Status [SPOUSE]: Cleared

VSC Transferred to TSC: 03/15/2007

Processing Dates Update

march 15th processing dates are out....and 485 dates moved to sep 13th,2006.

Still no movement in lot of cases...What can I do now ?

just initiated the inquiry

I called USCIS customer service and told about my situation. Service rep was very polite and she thought my processing was beyond the normal time so she initiated the inquiry. She mentioned that I would get some kind of response to the inquiry within 45 days.

She couldn't tell anything more than what pops up in the website or the recorded status info via phone. Using her screen she doesn't get any more information

using EAD is another story. You abandon the H status.

No, you don't. The only difference between working on H1 and EAD is W2 form which collects dust in your HR. USCIS does not care wich document you used when started working at a particular company. That's why many big companies prefer to keep H1 alive while your GC process is pending. Just in case. I already spoke about difference between AP and H1 above. It makes difference when it comes to I-94. If your GC goes south and your current status "Paroled. Adjustment of status", then you may have troubles extending H1.

This is my story:
I was on my 7th year H1B extension. Visited India last Sept and returned in Oct using AP. Got I-94 as "Paroled until ...". Then I applied for 8th year extension using same I-94, traveled again to India in December. Got married. By that time I got my 8th year extension by Fedex to India. Got H1B/H4 staping in Chennai and returned back using H1B. But I never used EAD.

No, you don't. The only difference between working on H1 and EAD is W2 form which collects dust in your HR. USCIS does not care wich document you used when started working at a particular company. That's why many big companies prefer to keep H1 alive while your GC process is pending. Just in case. I already spoke about difference between AP and H1 above. It makes difference when it comes to I-94. If your GC goes south and your current status "Paroled. Adjustment of status", then you may have troubles extending H1.

Hi -

I called again USCIS and this time they told me that my background check was still pending. My I 485 Receive Date is 7/13/06 and I got my finger print done mid-July 06.

I guess my next step is to contact a senator... Could someone tell me more about this? How do I find out which senator? what do I ask?

Thank you for your help.

X.

Go to google and search for senators in your state.
It will give you the link to the senators' home page. There you should find a contact info.

Then draft a letter giving all your details, how u have been informed that u r in name check etc.

You can mail it in regular USPS.

Hi -

I called again USCIS and this time they told me that my background check was still pending. My I 485 Receive Date is 7/13/06 and I got my finger print done mid-July 06.

I guess my next step is to contact a senator... Could someone tell me more about this? How do I find out which senator? what do I ask?

Thank you for your help.

X.

Some good news for me...

Had INFOPASS today and was confirmed that my NC is cleared on 03/01. I was lucky to talk to an officer who was friendly and cooperative. He gave me some info on how TSC will proceed from this point, showed me a print that incdicated NC clearance. So my case seems have reached the final stage. FP notice for my 4yo was definitely a good sign. And they finally updated my address on file. Just remember that USCIS takes about 2 weeks to update your address since on-line submission.
Like I said few posts before, few days ago I've received a reply to my laywer's inquiry about my status that said that I'm still in extended review because of NC. It was dated 02/27. USCIS is definitely a place of confusion. :D

Had INFOPASS today and was confirmed that my NC is cleared on 03/01. I was lucky to talk to an officer who was friendly and cooperative. He gave me some info on how TSC will proceed from this point, showed me a print that incdicated NC clearance. So my case seems have reached the final stage. FP notice for my 4yo was definitely a good sign. And they finally updated my address on file. Just remember that USCIS takes about 2 weeks to update your address since on-line submission.
Like I said few posts before, few days ago I've received a reply to my laywer's inquiry about my status that said that I'm still in extended review because of NC. It was dated 02/27. USCIS is definitely a place of confusion. :D

very good news. did you do anythign to clear your namecheck like contacting politicians or sending letters?

by the way, you said the officer told you how TSC will proceed now with your application, can u tell us what is that procedure and how long it takes?

Just spoke to a clerk at Senator Kennedy's Boston office.
According to her, FBI has 2 years (by law) to clear the name check.
Of course, Ed Kennedy or his staff would not take any action for anybody whose name check is not pending for over 2 years.
Speak of senatorial help here...

Just spoke to a clerk at Senator Kennedy's Boston office.
According to her, FBI has 2 years (by law) to clear the name check.
Of course, Ed Kennedy or his staff would not take any action for anybody whose name check is not pending for over 2 years.
Speak of senatorial help here...

senators don't help in clearing namecheck, the most they do is to inquire about the status which is basically useless. you can know about the status by takin an infopass in 5 mins instead of waiting for 2 months for the senator reply about ur namecheck.

senators don't help in clearing namecheck, the most they do is to inquire about the status which is basically useless. you can know about the status by takin an infopass in 5 mins instead of waiting for 2 months for the senator reply about ur namecheck.

I know that, however for a WOM case the senatorial inquiry may be helpful.
Anyway, this just goes to the over-all picture - looks like the only help we can get is from Republicans, not from Democrats of all sorts. Those only care for illegals.

I usually see the laugh and joy from the EB2 guys. Your (EB2) approvals are mostly aligned with USCIS' processing time. So does it mean EB3 cases usually take longer, like double the time from what USCIS says

Question on using the senator to do the query, is that for employment based applications too. If the application is family based I can understand their interests. I don't see why they should do the query for us

I usually see the laugh and joy from the EB2 guys. Your (EB2) approvals are mostly aligned with USCIS' processing time. So does it mean EB3 cases usually take longer, like double the time from what USCIS says

Question on using the senator to do the query, is that for employment based applications too. If the application is family based I can understand their interests. I don't see why they should do the query for us

What incentive does a senator have in assisting an employment-based applicant? That's a good question and I don't know the answer, but I do know that they often assist, such as in initiating inquiries in my own case. Many of us often don't receive any useful information through InfoPass; as such a senator's inquiry is helpful to us. Also, if an applicant is planning on filing WOM (or fighting a motion to deny an application), the inquiry results will be helpful and will show that the applicant has done everything possible for an administrative remedy.

very good news. did you do anythign to clear your namecheck like contacting politicians or sending letters?

by the way, you said the officer told you how TSC will proceed now with your application, can u tell us what is that procedure and how long it takes?

No I did not do anything yet. I just had 2 INFOPASS'es: one 3 months ago and last one today. Also I asked my lawyer to make an inquiry which he did back in January. On Feb 27th they've responded. I would not be surpised if that inquiry triggered something within rusty USCIS mechanism. Because then I've received a FP notice for my 4yo dated Feb 27th as well. And now officer showed that my NC was cleared on 03/01. It might be a coincidence as well.

As for further steps for TSC, officer said that the center has a separate "paper bin" where they put cases like mine ready for adjudicating. Those cases are supposed to be processed within a month and if I don't hear from them within 1-2 months then I need either call customer service # or take another INFOPASS and local office may inquire about my case directly to TSC. He also complained about USCIS calling center and recommended me when calling 1-800 number next time to insist on "connecting to a person who can check details of my case" , i.e. forward me to an officer who is working in corresponding service center, because "contractors in calling center don't have access to case details". Which is very true, because when I called them last time, they could not even check my current address on file.

My observation bias about NC

Dear Friends,

Being one of those who joined the elite club of pending NC, I noticed based an some limited number of cases in several forums that there are some NC being initiated between Feb 06 to Apr 06 that are starting to be cleared. My bias on this limited sample is that these represent the so-called secondary manual Name check (second wave) that they claim to be done within the first 60 days. It is now being done almost a year later due to the huge backlog that they have. The names cleared now represent the almost 19% of the names. There will be of course 1-2% of names that will not clear and these are the ones that might take years to finish. That might give some of us in this club some hope. On the other hand, filing WOM is really being challenged on a daily basis and all cases are facing the possibility of dismissal if not fought wisely. I expect the next 6-12 months to reveal some good news for all of us. Keep the hope.