TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

Another update on approved I-140

On sep. 4, 2006 USCIS notified that I-140 was approved and mailed.
But there was LUD on sep. 20, 2006 which said,

"Current Status:

On September 19, 2006, the document we made based on the
approval or registration of this case was mailed directly to
the person to whom issued."

I thought employer owns I-140. Does USCIS mean they will send I-140 approval letter to me ?

- prince123

Last edited by a moderator:
Please add my info to the tracker :
LC PD : 10/23/2001
Category : EB3 / World
I-485 RD : 09/13/2006
EAD/AP/FP/I485 AP : nothing yet

thx

prince123 said:
On sep. 4, 2006 USCIS notified that I-140 was approved and mailed.
But there was LUD on sep. 20, 2006 which said,

"Current Status:

On September 19, 2006, the document we made based on the
approval or registration of this case was mailed directly to
the person to whom issued."

I thought employer owns I-140. Does USCIS mean they will send I-140 approval letter to me ?

- prince123

It is the employer who gets the I-140 letter - I think that what they mean by "directly to the person to whom issued" is exactly that - it will be sent to the employer, because it is issued to the employer.

SopCap:
Congratulations on your I-485 approval! Looks like you completed the whole GC process in less than 6 months! Wow!

SopCap said:
It is the employer who gets the I-140 letter - I think that what they mean by "directly to the person to whom issued" is exactly that - it will be sent to the employer, because it is issued to the employer.

I don't have PD??

I filed I-140 & I-485 concurrently and on the receipts, the PD column was left blank. FYI, I am from non-retro. country. What does this mean? Thanks.

likuliku said:
I filed I-140 & I-485 concurrently and on the receipts, the PD column was left blank. FYI, I am from non-retro. country. What does this mean? Thanks.

You will get the PD - when your I-140 gets approved...on the approval Notice...

zzzz4zzzz said:
so, let's say the people who are waiting for LC approved from BEC's (241i and regular people) have their PDs wayback in early 2001 cant get their GCs even they got their LCs approved in Sept 2006 and Applied 140/485 becoz their PD is current.
But their RD's will be Oct 2006, then they have to wait until their RD's become Oct 2006 to get their GCs

then it will be very long time to get our GCs

any thoughts..i am just wondering how it will work..approving GCs

Theoretically USCIS will process I-485 cases based on RD but not with PD. But the same time, If your PD is not current, even though your RD is within their processing dates, you will not get approval.

Once the application got filed, prerequisite process (name check, FP etc.) need to be done first. The speed of this process will influence the approval.

Once this prerequisite process has been completed, then RD and PD will comes in to the picture. With old PD, definitely you will be have fair chances for quick approval (The time line may be within their processing dates or earlier)

Again, it’s never consistent; the speed of approval is completely based on following:

PD is current + RD + name check clearance + FP clearance + processing officer efficiency + your luck

Thanks

When do they start security check ?

Hi CAPD02 ,

Do they start security check as soon as the application is received ?
Or do they wait till their processing date reaches the application date ?

CAPD02 said:

Once the application got filed, prerequisite process (name check, FP etc.) need to be done first. The speed of this process will influence the approval.

Thanks

name check clearance

Does it give notice/any update that name check clearance is finished?
As I appeared for my Finger prints on 11 July and then I saw date getting changed for 15th July. But the message remained the same that we received your application on 27th June .....

Please enlighten!!

santa4u said:
You will get the PD - when your I-140 gets approved...on the approval Notice...

Thanks for the clarification. Since my I-140 is till pending, so I dont have PD yet...hmmm

likuliku said:
Thanks for the clarification. Since my I-140 is till pending, so I dont have PD yet...hmmm
Since your case (I guess EB1 OR) doesn't involve LC and you are not from retrogressed country, you don't have to wait for I-140 approval to know your PD. It is the date they received your I-140.
In my case, I-140 RD was Feb 14, 2006. My PD was Feb 13, 2006.

Who wants to take over the tracker management?

Guys,
I have other priorities to concentrate on now, so if anyone is interested, he/she can take it from here.

Thanks

CAPD02 said:
Theoretically USCIS will process I-485 cases based on RD but not with PD. But the same time, If your PD is not current, even though your RD is within their processing dates, you will not get approval.

Once this prerequisite process has been completed, then RD and PD will comes in to the picture. With old PD, definitely you will be have fair chances for quick approval (The time line may be within their processing dates or earlier)

Again, it’s never consistent; the speed of approval is completely based on following:

PD is current + RD + name check clearance + FP clearance + processing officer efficiency + your luck

Thanks

If ANY one of above factors is 0 than the formula will change to MULTIPLICATION. That means you will get 0 by the end.

Factors for GC

PBLC_01302006 said:
If ANY one of above factors is 0 than the formula will change to MULTIPLICATION. That means you will get 0 by the end.

Especially the last 4 which you can not control. :)

andy

sVirgo said:
Does it give notice/any update that name check clearance is finished?
As I appeared for my Finger prints on 11 July and then I saw date getting changed for 15th July. But the message remained the same that we received your application on 27th June .....

Please enlighten!!

That means your finger print is passed. Name check takes longer. Sorry to tell you that.....

leviathan said:
Since your case (I guess EB1 OR) doesn't involve LC and you are not from retrogressed country, you don't have to wait for I-140 approval to know your PD. It is the date they received your I-140.
In my case, I-140 RD was Feb 14, 2006. My PD was Feb 13, 2006.

If this is the case, I assume my PD will be July 31, 2006. Am I right?

Strange phone call

My spouse received a voice mail in cell phone from one lady. She claimed that she knew our nationality and knew how many times we traveled back to our country. She asked if we are interested in some business project. The phone number is from local.

It's strange:
- How did she know our cell number?
- How did she know our nationality?
- How did she know how many times we traveled?

I didn't know if she got our number from any of my friends but it's unlikely. We barely gave out our cell phone #.

My question is (it might be a stupid one), when FBI calls for checking on you did they declare themself openly? Have anyone experience it?

I might be hit by some scam but my greencard anxiety occupies my head, I can't help connect this incident together. :D

Waiting4LC said:
My spouse received a voice mail in cell phone from one lady. She claimed that she knew our nationality and knew how many times we traveled back to our country. She asked if we are interested in some business project. The phone number is from local.

It's strange:
- How did she know our cell number?
- How did she know our nationality?
- How did she know how many times we traveled?

I didn't know if she got our number from any of my friends but it's unlikely. We barely gave out our cell phone #.

My question is (it might be a stupid one), when FBI calls for checking on you did they declare themself openly? Have anyone experience it?

Dont worry ,man, calm down, may be they know you

I might be hit by some scam but my greencard anxiety occupies my head, I can't help connect this incident together. :D