PD June 25, 2002
NJ EB2 RIR Approved August 9'06
I-140/1-485/I-765/I-131 RD October 16'06
I-757 AD Nov 3’06
I-140 LUD Oct 21'06/Nov 7’06
FP November 8'06
Send to Nebraska but receive from TSC

Similar story....

I also heard the similar story from a person at another forum saying that he received the resident card mailed to his address when the case status still indicates 'PENDING'. I never got an update from him later, but it appears that there are a few cases with which USCIS do their case updates late.

bay said:
I have just heard a weird case from my ex-co-worker. He is from China, but his wife is from Malasia so that he was able to submit his I485 by using worldwide EB2 category. He submit his 140/485 to Vermont at the end of March 2006 and case was transferred to TSC on 5/15. His 140 was approved a little bit later than ours (our 140 AD is 5/19) and just done fingerprint in August (we've done in mid-May). We assumed that his case should be approved by now since the processing date is already 5/2 in TSC. However, he told us that his status remains the same and he called TSC to inquiry. The weird thing happens....the staff told him that his case was approved on 10/20 already, but he did not receive any notice nor the status changed email (even the online status still remain the same). Then he asked his lawyer to call and got the same response that his cased was approved on 10/20....very strange case and we are not sure how his lawyer is going to find out what's going on there...

This could be because they are changing the system. But USCIS works in strange ways you never know what they are pretending.

mitra88 said:
I also heard the similar story from a person at another forum saying that he received the resident card mailed to his address when the case status still indicates 'PENDING'. I never got an update from him later, but it appears that there are a few cases with which USCIS do their case updates late.

aaloo_prasad,

did you see an LUD after your FP on 11/2?

aaloo_prasad said:
This could be because they are changing the system. But USCIS works in strange ways you never know what they are pretending.

I-485 approved

Hi All,
I got an email today saying my I-485 is approved. (spouse's is also approved)

My 7-8 year GC ordeal has ...
- a futile labor substitution
- an eternally pending labor
- one year trip back home to get back here on L1A/EB1

Here are the details ...

I-140 (EB-1C India) RD - 12/05, AD- 04/06
I-140 (Ammendment because of Company Take Over) RD - 8/16/06, AD - 9/07/06

I-485 RD - 8/16/06, LUD - 10/05/06, 10/06/06, AD - 11/07/06
FP - 10/28/06

This site has been giving a lot of info all through...

Conratulations gc-lotto!
My case is similar to yours, applied 485 on 06/13/06 though. I wonder what is going on?
gc-lotto said:
Hi All,
I got an email today saying my I-485 is approved. (spouse's is also approved)

My 7-8 year GC ordeal has ...
- a futile labor substitution
- an eternally pending labor
- one year trip back home to get back here on L1A/EB1

Here are the details ...

I-140 (EB-1C India) RD - 12/05, AD- 04/06
I-140 (Ammendment because of Company Take Over) RD - 8/16/06, AD - 9/07/06

I-485 RD - 8/16/06, LUD - 10/05/06, 10/06/06, AD - 11/07/06
FP - 10/28/06

This site has been giving a lot of info all through...

schehrazi said:
Hi all,

I got an RFE on my I-485 today. They have asked for some financial documents (W-2, pay stubs, ...) as well as a copy of my birth certificate.

Does this mean that I have passed the security checks?

Regards
No, getting an RFE doesn't mean you passed name check.

schehrazi said:
Hi all,

I got an RFE on my I-485 today. They have asked for some financial documents (W-2, pay stubs, ...) as well as a copy of my birth certificate.

Does this mean that I have passed the security checks?

Regards

can u add to ur signature from which country u r and if ur case is EB-2 or what and PD. thks.

Received my card today

485 got approved on friday 11/03. I thought that was quick..

Still waiting for spouses approval.

thanks

schehrazi said:
Antonioa77, I added that to my signature. I don't think Iranians have a PD, I never heard about that before reading this forum. Goodluck.

thkis for the update. bcs u r from iran i beleive once u get ur H1 visa, it should be with single entry. right?

PD is the date when u applied for labor certificate. in order to be Eb-2 u should have applied to labor certificate.

if so when when was the last time u got ur visa and where?

did u go through a background check when u got ur visa because u r iranian?

laborpain01 said:
485 got approved on friday 11/03. I thought that was quick..

Still waiting for spouses approval.

thanks

Congratulations laborpain01..hopefully your spouse approval will come soon too.

What was your 485 RD date, in your signature you just mentioned the month and year.

thanks,

schehrazi said:
OK, I went thru PERM this Aug. which was approved in a week and then I filed all forms in Sept. Last time that I got my visa was in 2001, I came in with a sigle-entry F-1 visa and I went thru a severe background/name check which took more than four month (for the F-1 Visa!), I have kept my status since that time. Two years ago, I was selected in the DV greencard lottery which made me eligible to file I-485 directly. I did it but the name check took a year and half. DV lottery is only valid for one year so I missed my chance and my I-485 was rejected although everything was good and all security checks were passed but too late! I don't know if they keep previous name checks in the applicant files.

so u r now on F1 or H1 visa? i'm confused. u said that ur visa was last issued in 2001 and it was F1, then how come u apply for GC with an F1 visa? i'm confused really.

This post has absolutely nothing to do with I-485 processing.

But what's up with with spelling in some of these posts? For example:

u = you
ur = your
r = are

what's the deal here?? It just makes the post much harder to read, and it is not cool. Learn the language of your new country!

laborpain01 said:
RD was May 03 2006.
thanks

thank you laborpain01. I wish your spouse's approval will come soon. Some of the folks who applied to TSC have seen delays with their spouse approvals.

Good Luck!!

antonioa77 said:
ya it is the same. the funny thing is that those people who r stuck in the NC at the citizenship level already did few years before the NC for the i-485. so really this namecheck thing is funny.

It's not funny...ask the members the pain they are going through with this name/background check process... it's very stressful and painful.

GOD BLESS ALL !!!