Travelling to Canda while on TN

arun_2681

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
For a Canadian citizen who has a TN status/I-94 valid until 2013 and wants to travel to Canada on a visit in 2011,

1)Does he/she have to surrender the existing I-94 while leaving the US to Canada and obtain a new I-94 while coming back to the US
2)Does his/her Canadian passport get stamped with the date of exit/entry while traveling from US to Canada and return.

Secondly, if he/she goes to Canada from US taking leave without pay for a short period say 2 weeks, will he/she lose TN status in the US?

Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:
She keeps I-94. Don't know/care about what Cdn stamp she gets, and as long as she is still employed by her sponsor her TN remains valid.

Hi Nelsona,

Thanks for the prompt reply, can you please advise regarding the following second question:

Assuming for the facts as the previous question, furthermore, if he/she goes to Canada from US taking leave without pay for a short period say 2 weeks, will he/she lose TN status in the US?

Thanks,

Assuming for the facts as the previous question, furthermore, if he/she goes to Canada from US taking leave without pay for a short period say 2 weeks, will he/she lose TN status in the US?

There is no TN status if she is not physically present in the US. So no worries.