Travelling on Advance Parole,please respond

getifforgetit

My wife and me are travelling to India very very soon.
I have my advance parole and am working on EAD.
Same is case with her.

My question is when we are coming back
1. Do we need to come back together ?
2. What is the process on return, at the port of entry ?
3. Both of us have student visa's stamped in our passports ( because it has been so long since I went to India ! ). would that cause any concern to the INS ?

4. Finally do we need to get anything stamped in India on our passports ?

5. What are the typical answers for 'the reason of the visit' ?

Please answer even if you can only answer a subset of questions. I am kind of nervous about the port of entry scenario.

Thanks

My question is when we are coming back
1. Do we need to come back together ?
-- NO
2. What is the process on return, at the port of entry ?

-- You have to fill up I-94 that will be given in Flight and when face INS at POE show your AP (you should keep I-485 filing receipts with you if asked show) and INS inspector will check the info on AP and will match with INS computer data and will stamp your I-94

3. Both of us have student visa's stamped in our passports ( because it has been so long since I went to India ! ). would that cause any concern to the INS ?
-- I do not know
4. Finally do we need to get anything stamped in India on our passports ?

-- NO (but keep 2-3 copies of AP with you and if at Indian airport Airline asks copy of AP give them one (don’t give then original)

5. What are the typical answers for 'the reason of the visit' ?

--- You know better, if your I-485 is pending based on H1b employment then you are coming for work and have letter from Employer because when you enter on AP you may be taken for secondary inspection and with your A# INS Inspector will know your all US immigration history and don’t try to lie, your AP and I-485 receipt has A#

it would have been better if you would have posted your past F1 or H1 history or base of your I-485 and AP, because if this is case of 254(i) and you stayed in us illegally and then filed I-485 then you should not go out of US even with valid AP.

No known violations

Thank you very much for the reply Ginnu.

We have no Illegal status issues. ie. I have never stayed in the US out of status neither did my wife.

And my I-485 is based on employment.

The only other question I have is I dont have originals of the I-485 reciept. Do I need the original ?

thanks in advance,

Need Help.

I and My wife both have EAD & AP. I have valid H1 till August 03and never used EAD. We are planning to travel in March, and my question is while coming back do i need get visa stamping in Madras if i use my h1? or shall i just show EAD and AP while coming back?

Thanks for the reply.

Getifforgetit:
You don’t need the original recipient of I-485, just keep copy of it your receipt should be with you and your spouse should keep her receipt, show ONLY if asked by INS at POE

Kcr:
I and My wife both have EAD & AP. I have valid H1 till August 03and never used EAD. We are planning to travel in March, and my question is while coming back do i need get visa stamping in Madras if i use my h1? or shall i just show EAD and AP while coming back?
---- If you have Valid H1B visa sticker in your Passport till August 2003 and you are coming back to US before August or expiry date then no need to get new H1b stamp in Madras, you can enter showing valid H1b sticker but keep employer letter with you and 3-4 recent pay stubs if asked show them at POE. If your wife has H4 valid visa sticker she can also use that when she returns if expired use AP
You can also show AP that is up to you but if you show AP then be ready for secondary inspection at POE (expect delay of minimum 1 hour at Airport while coming back to US, not all the cases are taken to secondary inspection but recently it has increased, no need to worry they just check your immigration record by A# that is on your AP)

to Ginnu

THANKS GINNU FOR REPLY.

Actually my visa on my passport is expired, so as my wife's h4. In this case can both of us just show AP while coming back? or do i have to get new visa stamped at madras?

Thanks again for the reply

you both can enter showing AP and keep copy of I-485 receipts

If you have no status problem in past you can also get your H1b and H4 visa stamped in Madras, use TT service
please take your employers recent letter that you are employed, recent pay stubs, fill up the form DS 156 and 157, send photo, fees checks, if possible get the compleate petition I-129 from your HR or lawyer that was sent to INS for your recent H1b extension or transfer, orignal H1 approval notice, if you had previous H1b or H4 visa stamped by Madras consulate you can use Drop box also ( do not submit orignal AP) I hope you will get your passport back with visa stamp in 3-4 days if you use TT service or same day if Drop box.
Good Luck!1

No Travel Problems on AP

Recently I travelled on AP. I had no issues at the port of entry. As per procedure I was sent for secoundary inspections.
The officer asked me 2 questions.
1) Is your I-485 employment basesed?
2) how long have you been out of the US?

10 min I was out of the airport. No need to panic at all.
I did not have the 485 reciept nor employment letter nor pay subs.

Take it easy and enjoy your trip. All you need to do is , make sure you have a valid AP.
that's hit.

No problem on return

Even though my wife hasnt come back yet, I am back. Was sent to secondary inspection and was out of there in less than 5 minutes.

Only asked me two questions, how long I was out of the US and which company is sponsoring my AOS.

Very relieved.
Hoping my wife wont have any problems.

AP approved but haven't received it from INS

Should I have my AP physically present with me while leaving the country ? Or Is it possible that my husband posts it to me to India and I can use the AP while coming back from India ?

Any inputs shall be appreciated?

Sonali82:
You should receive your AP while you are in US. Don’t leave US with out AP in your hands.

H4 Expired but have valid AP/EAD

My wife wishes to travel to india (via germany to catch connecting flights).She has valid AP/EAD but her H4 would have expired when she returns.

Does she have to come back before the H4 expires?

Or

Can she travel after the H4 has expired but carry her AP & EAD?

Has anybody in a similar situation travelled to germany recently?

Any experience?

Please Please respond