Traveling Outside the US As Asylee applicant ,Asylee,LPR through Asylum

How soon can you apply for a new RTD after getting one? and do you have to send the original or copy of the current RTD or not?
You can apply for a new one after receiving the current RTD immediately. Just make a copy of the current one while applying, and send RTD after you finish your travel.

One problem, you need to wait around 3-4 weeks to do fingerprints. Or get back from your travel to do this.

I applied for RTD on Aug 2023 and got it on Oct 2024

Last edited:
You can apply for a new one after receiving the current RTD immediately. Just make a copy of the current one while applying, and send RTD after you finish your travel.

One problem, you need to wait around 3-4 weeks to do fingerprints. Or get back from your travel to do this.

he doesn't need to send the original RTD even after it's expired!!! only photocopy is needed!

Thank you for your response. Did you send it with 485 and Did you expedite it?

he doesn't need to send the original RTD even after it's expired!!! only photocopy is needed!
So we never send back the original? I thought we have to surrender the old one before a new one can be issued! Also, there is a question about the current RTD in the form asking whether it is attached with the application or lost.