Traveling Outside the US As Asylee applicant ,Asylee,LPR through Asylum

Hi all,

Thanks for creating this awesome forum! I am glad to learn there are people like me.

So I was granted asylum by IJ a week ago and I have filed my I-131 using Fedex.
I see that the package was delivered yesterday morning, however, my credit card has not been charged yet.

Is that normal? Or do I need to wait? (it's been a day since package was delivered to USCIS)

Hi all,

Thanks for creating this awesome forum! I am glad to learn there are people like me.

So I was granted asylum by IJ a week ago and I have filed my I-131 using Fedex.
I see that the package was delivered yesterday morning, however, my credit card has not been charged yet.

Is that normal? Or do I need to wait? (it's been a day since package was delivered to USCISi
It is normal. You should wait a bit.

Hi all,
Is anyone used RTD to travel on Caribbean Cruise ?Most of the stops is Mexico , do I need visa place in my RTD? Only doc I have is RTD no passport of my country because its long time expired and no GC yet.I-485 is still pending and shows a fingerprints applied to case, but I do have a receipt that it was filed a little over a year ago. Is it safe to travel? Do not wasn't to ruined my family vacation because of it?

Hi all,
Is anyone used RTD to travel on Caribbean Cruise ?Most of the stops is Mexico , do I need visa place in my RTD? Only doc I have is RTD no passport of my country because its long time expired and no GC yet.I-485 is still pending and shows a fingerprints applied to case, but I do have a receipt that it was filed a little over a year ago. Is it safe to travel? Do not wasn't to ruined my family vacation because of it?
Hi! My question too:

I could find this thread on reddit:

I am also thinking that maybe we can find some kind of answer on USCIS website or maybe ask Emma?

There is none unfortunately.I calle USCIS and couldn’t get a list of countries that accept RTD and looks like it’s not exist.So far what I see the only option is to contact each countries embassies and hope that you get an educated person on the phone,because that wasn’t my experience.

Hi guys! I’ve read some posts here about traveling abroad while Green Card is pending. I came back from France yesterday. It couldn’t be easier and smoother! Arriving at JFK airport, going through customs and border protection, the agent asked me: where I went to; for how long and the purpose of trip. I answered. He said I needed to go to the “special room” because I need a special stamp. They didn’t ask me ANYTHING. The lady checked my A number and stamped my Refugee Travel Document. I believe depending on the country/region you are coming from they are very smooth. Here is my stamp. IMG_9303.jpeg

Reactions: ROP
Hi guys! I’ve read some posts here about traveling abroad while Green Card is pending. I came back from France yesterday. It couldn’t be easier and smoother! Arriving at JFK airport, going through customs and border protection, the agent asked me: where I went to; for how long and the purpose of trip. I answered. He said I needed to go to the “special room” because I need a special stamp. They didn’t ask me ANYTHING. The lady checked my A number and stamped my Refugee Travel Document. I believe depending on the country/region you are coming from they are very smooth. Here is my stamp.
Hi guys! I’ve read some posts here about traveling abroad while Green Card is pending. I came back from France yesterday. It couldn’t be easier and smoother! Arriving at JFK airport, going through customs and border protection, the agent asked me: where I went to; for how long and the purpose of trip. I answered. He said I needed to go to the “special room” because I need a special stamp. They didn’t ask me ANYTHING. The lady checked my A number and stamped my Refugee Travel Document. I believe depending on the country/region you are coming from they are very smooth. Here is my stamp.
Hi guys! I’ve read some posts here about traveling abroad while Green Card is pending. I came back from France yesterday. It couldn’t be easier and smoother! Arriving at JFK airport, going through customs and border protection, the agent asked me: where I went to; for how long and the purpose of trip. I answered. He said I needed to go to the “special room” because I need a special stamp. They didn’t ask me ANYTHING. The lady checked my A number and stamped my Refugee Travel Document. I believe depending on the country/region you are coming from they are very smooth. Here is my stamp. View attachment 5018
Do you need visa to go to France ?

Hi guys! I’ve read some posts here about traveling abroad while Green Card is pending. I came back from France yesterday. It couldn’t be easier and smoother! Arriving at JFK airport, going through customs and border protection, the agent asked me: where I went to; for how long and the purpose of trip. I answered. He said I needed to go to the “special room” because I need a special stamp. They didn’t ask me ANYTHING. The lady checked my A number and stamped my Refugee Travel Document. I believe depending on the country/region you are coming from they are very smooth. Here is my stamp. View attachment 5018
Going through “special room” is absolutely common situation in this case. For how many days did they open your visa?

Thank you for the useful information.

Interesting. Usually, if you are asking for a Schengen visa first-time they give you a single entry for the exact duration that you plan to visit.
Yup so i’m sure he misunderstood us or it’s not real. I got 3 months single entry from France 5 months ago