Traveling Outside the US As Asylee applicant ,Asylee,LPR through Asylum

I Visited Mexico,Panama, Colombia, Peru, Chile (but my country of birth is part of the Mercosur/andean community so we can travel freely) and Dominican republic… no problem.. I just read on the Canada inmigration website that if you have a green card and RTD .. dont need to get ETA to visit Canada,from April 22 2022, I am not sure but I was trying to get an ETA and their own website showed me the message didn’t let me apply.I am also being wanting to visit some friends in Saint Martin, but I am not sure if I need visa. Let me know if any of you have experience this. I got my green card finally in Dec last year. FYI San Andres island Colombia is so pretty totally recommend
Can you please share do we need visa for RTD with no GC to visit Mexico

Hey guys! I am not sure whether someone asked it before but anyway, I just got my RTD (I am not a GC holder yet, i-485 pending ) and I am planning to go to Mexico, so could you help me please with a question: should I apply for Mexican visa or can I go Visa free with RTD? Thank you!
Hello
Were you able travel Mexico with RTD no GC?

Yeah I applied for a new one so that i can get it around the time my current one about to get expired next August !
Did you confirm if your current one is valid after the new one is in the process?
I mean at first it looks like the first is valid until it's expired or until you surrender it for rfe for the second one but main concern is what if it becomes invalid after submitting an form for the second one

Did you confirm if your current one is valid after the new one is in the process?
I mean at first it looks like the first is valid until it's expired or until you surrender it for rfe for the second one but main concern is what if it becomes invalid after submitting an form for the second one

Before they approve second one, they send you rfe to surrender old one. So, when they have your first rtd, then they approve the second one.

My first rtd had 6 months to expire, they asked me to surrender it. After surrender it took only 2 weeks to approve the second one.

Most likely it wont get approved any soon !!at least 10 months so i would be ready to surrender the current one

Before they approve second one, they send you rfe to surrender old one. So, when they have your first rtd, then they approve the second one.

My first rtd had 6 months to expire, they asked me to surrender it. After surrender it took only 2 weeks to approve the second one.
My man when you came back to the US and the CPI officer stamped your RTD hmm can you read what does that stamp says? I think it say’s you need AP then I can’t see the rest

That doesn’t make any sense bro! Your document is valid on the system until it’s expired or you surrender it! Don’t let these ideas take over your head lol life ain’t that complicated

When did you get the biometric notice after getting the first receipt?? I applied to renew my RTD one week ago and just got the receiving receipt yesterday!
You can renew even if the old one isn’t expired? Am confused I thought you just recently got your RTD

That doesn’t make any sense bro! Your document is valid on the system until it’s expired or you surrender it! Don’t let these ideas take over your head lol life ain’t that complicated
That what seams to me to be the right way to go, but you know how it goes with USCIS all the time. What makes sense to us - don't work for them and otherwise, only 1 year valid of RTD as an example. but I hear you, has been waiting for almost a year for my first!

That what seams to me to be the right way to go, but you know how it goes with USCIS all the time. What makes sense to us - don't work for them and otherwise, only 1 year valid of RTD as an example. but I hear you, has been waiting for almost a year for my first!
I feel you! Been there as i got my RTD after 1 years and two weeks!

Hi everyone, It's been almost two years since I applied for asylum. They haven't called me for an interview. My passport is also expired. Can I apply for I-131? How long does it take to get it on average? Is it risky if I renew my passport? I just want to travel to a 3rd country, not my country.

Hi everyone, It's been almost two years since I applied for asylum. They haven't called me for an interview. My passport is also expired. Can I apply for I-131? How long does it take to get it on average? Is it risky if I renew my passport? I just want to travel to a 3rd country, not my country.
You can apply for advance parole only and advance parole is not enough to travel anywhere it’s just a permit to reenter the US so hmm you will still need to use you passport tho and renew it but if your asylum is based on political ground then don’t do that!