Traveling Outside the US As Asylee applicant ,Asylee,LPR through Asylum

help needed: I applied for my green card as an asylee last year still pending in TSC .I need to travel Europe so in this matter I need a travel document to travel .I already travelled with refugee travel document before I apply for my green card .now which application type should I select in part 2 on i131 form?thanks in advance .

Hi everyone. I heard that I don’t need to pay for RTD application If I submit green card and RTD application at same time. Is it still the case? I’ll apply for my green card next month. Thanks

Hello I have been following this thread for a while. I have some concerns wondering if expects here can help me out.

1. I have GC, NP (My National Passport- Still valid) and Refugee Travel Document with me.
2. I want to travel to Australia.
3. My Asylum was based on Certain Group in my country but that tried to harm me but not the government, but claim also says that my country was not able to protect me from them.

I wish to travel to Australia which is not my country of Origin, I have this big question about if i should Use :
a) National Passport + GC and travel? (Convinient as i already have Australian Visa).
b) Refugee Travel Document + GC ? (This way i will have to apply for Australian Visa).

How much into trouble will i get if i use option "a" Above?

Thank you so much.

Hi guys can someone help me with this. I'm asylum with pending green card application for almost a year now at NSC. I have a RTD expiring at the end of May, 2021. I will like to visit Santo Domigo with colleagues at the end of April with my RTD. So my questions are

- Do I need a visa to visit Santo Domingo with RTD?

- Is it advisable to travel internationally with barely less than 2 months validity on my RTD?

Please does anyone have similar experience? I really want to go on this trip.

Hi guys can someone help me with this. I'm asylum with pending green card application for almost a year now at NSC. I have a RTD expiring at the end of May, 2021. I will like to visit Santo Domigo with colleagues at the end of April with my RTD. So my questions are

- Do I need a visa to visit Santo Domingo with RTD?

- Is it advisable to travel internationally with barely less than 2 months validity on my RTD?

Please does anyone have similar experience? I really want to go on this trip.
#1. Last time I checked you do not need a visa to travel to the DR if you have a valid US RTD. You should check with the embassy or timatic if things have changed.

#2. Your RTD must be have a validity of 6 months. So no, you won't be able to go. You can come back to the US on the last day the RTD is valid and it'll be fine. But most countries require you your passport or RTD to have a validity of at least 6 months when you enter. Some countries like Ecuador are 3 months I think, but not many.

#3. Pleae don't ask the same question on multiple threads. It gets confusing and it's considered spam. Ask on one thread and be patient. =)

#1. Last time I checked you do not need a visa to travel to the DR if you have a valid US RTD. You should check with the embassy or timatic if things have changed.

#2. Your RTD must be have a validity of 6 months. So no, you won't be able to go. You can come back to the US on the last day the RTD is valid and it'll be fine. But most countries require you your passport or RTD to have a validity of at least 6 months when you enter. Some countries like Ecuador are 3 months I think, but not many.

#3. Pleae don't ask the same question on multiple threads. It gets confusing and it's considered spam. Ask on one thread and be patient. =)
Thank you for your response. I have also emailed the DR consulate if they will allow me visit with less than 2 months validity on my RTD. I will update my thread if I get a response.

And I will be patient next time :). Thank you!

Hi - Does anyone here know if you can travel to Turkey with RTD? I don't have GC yet but will be applying in September. Also, how long does it take to get your first RTD approved? Thanks

Hi - Does anyone here know if you can travel to Turkey with RTD? I don't have GC yet but will be applying in September. Also, how long does it take to get your first RTD approved? Thanks
Last time I checked I believe you can travel to Turkey with RTD but you need a visa. Check with Timatic or directly with the Turkish Embassy. Current wait time to get an RTD is about 10 months, which is ridiculous, but it is what it is.

Reactions: HM1
Hi, one of my friends actually applied for a Visa in person at the embassy in Chicago. You’ll need to contact them, set up an appointment to pick up your Visa. He ended up paying more only because it is a travel document. US citizens pays only about $60. This happened at the Chicago location. Another friend of mine applied at the Florida location. However he didn’t need to be there in person and he paid standard price same as US citizens. And make sure you have at least 6 month of validity on the RTD

Hi, one of my friends actually applied for a Visa in person at the embassy in Chicago. You’ll need to contact them, set up an appointment to pick up your Visa. He ended up paying more only because it is a travel document. US citizens pays only about $60. This happened at the Chicago location. Another friend of mine applied at the Florida location. However he didn’t need to be there in person and he paid standard price same as US citizens. And make sure you have at least 6 month of validity on the RTD
Thank you, this is very helpful. Since your second friend didn't go there for a visa interview, what was the process to get the visa? Do you know if he sent his RTD by mail and how long did it take?

Thank you, this is very helpful. Since your second friend didn't go there for a visa interview, what was the process to get the visa? Do you know if he sent his RTD by mail and how long did it take?
As far as I remember, he received instructions via email after contacting the embassy, he got an electronic visa which Basically is a piece of paper. I’m also planning a trip to Turkey and we’ll se how it goes!

Has anyone else noticed the "fact sheet" warning asylum LPRs not to return to their home country and to travel with RTD because of "underlying asylum claim" is gone from USCIS's website? I cant' find it anywhere. Isn't this where it used to be?

I wonder if it got removed as a direct result of matter of N-A-I finally being settled by the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals. ??

Hey guys i just want to ask whether if anyone has used a travel document and come back inside the country of recent. Want to travel out using my travel document but very scared. I will appreciate to hear anyone's experience. Thanks

Do you have a GC or not? Are you from any of the covid travel ban countries or transiting through one of them? US citizens and GC holders are exempt from the ban. It’s not too clear about asylees traveling on RTD without GC as the presidential declaration doesn’t mention them.

I applied for RTD at the beginning of December 2020, fingerprints were taken on March 18th, when I can expect my RTD after fingerprints were taken? Thank you!

Hey guys i just want to ask whether if anyone has used a travel document and come back inside the country of recent. Want to travel out using my travel document but very scared. I will appreciate to hear anyone's experience. Thanks
Hi, i did. I recently went to Moldova , using RTD without GC . I did not obtained any visa ( i was told in embassy i don't need one) . Was really scared too but it went well. The only thing i did not like , every airport has been confused about RTD and they've been calling manager since most of them have not been familiar with it.