Traveling abroad with P1 Visa while Green card adjustment of Status pending

Key22

Hello.
I came to US on a P1 visa and my extension of stay has been approved and valid until 10 months from now (I have a valid I-797 and I-94 ).
I have applied for EB-1A (Extraordinary Ability Category I-140) as a self petitioner and got approved.
I have also filed for adjustment of Status (Green Card), work permit and advance parole travel document which is in process.

Since the travel document may take months to get approved I am planning to travel abroad (for a month) with out travel document and before I return to US I a planning to apply for a P1 visa with my valid I-797 and I-94 at US consulate abroad and return with a valid P1 visa.

My questions are:
  • Do you think my travel will affect my pending green card application?
  • Do you think I am allowed to return with a P1 visa?
  • Do you think the U.S. embassy in foreign country may not issue my P1 visa because of my application for adjustment of Status (Because of my intention to stay in the U.S.)
Thank you for your Help

A P1 is not a dual intent visa, therefore if you leave the US without an approved AP while your AOS application is pending, the application will be deemed abandoned and subsequently denied.

Thank you very much Sm1smom,
Is there a way to expediate my travel document application may be as an emergency?

regards,
Key

Considering this is a planned trip you intend to take in about a month’s time, it doesn’t come across as an emergency to me. Anyways, you may submit an expedite request if you believe you meet one of the requirements to do so.