Travel documents for the citizenship application

leung

Registered Users (C)
I traveled several times abroad and used different travel document. I used refugee travel document, reentry permit and then my passport when I got my GC. I mailed back the refugee travel document when I applied the reentry permit. I did make a copy of it. Each of trip was less than 15 days. Will that be an issue when I have interview for citizenship? or should I hire a lawyer? Thank you for your help.

I traveled several times abroad and used different travel document. I used refugee travel document, reentry permit and then my passport when I got my GC. I mailed back the refugee travel document when I applied the reentry permit. I did make a copy of it. Each of trip was less than 15 days. Will that be an issue when I have interview for citizenship? or should I hire a lawyer? Thank you for your help.

Does this mean you use a refugee document when you were NOT supposed to? Also, does it mean you traveled back to the country that you were fleeing from? :confused:

Unless you committed NO crime, I don't see any problems. I would write the full story for forum members to advise you more appropriately and weigh the evidence. ;) If you used a document which you were NOT supposed to use, then you have created problems for yourself with USCIS. Unfortunately, no lawyer can undo unlawful acts, and I hope that's not the case here...:rolleyes:

Thank you very much for reply. I used refugee travel document for a trip to Europe which was not place I came from and I did not have GC yet. Then year later, I applied the reentry permit since it would last for two years for the GC holders after I got my GC. I used it to another trip to Europe along with my passport. For the third time, I just used my passport for a trip abroad but not the country I were fleeing from. I did not do anything illegal. I just hope I may use the both of refugee travel document and reentry permit for traveling. I have the reentry permit and copy of refugee travel document with me. I hope they would not affect my application for citizenship. Please let me know. Thank you very much.

You're only required to list trips while you were a LPR. If you didn't have a passport (ie stateless) , then you would travel with refugee document. Travelleing with both refugee document and reentry permit is fine. Since yu had reentry permit, just make sure you meet continuous residency requirements before you apply.

Thank you very much for reply. I used refugee travel document for a trip to Europe which was not place I came from and I did not have GC yet. Then year later, I applied the reentry permit since it would last for two years for the GC holders after I got my GC. I used it to another trip to Europe along with my passport. For the third time, I just used my passport for a trip abroad but not the country I were fleeing from. I did not do anything illegal. I just hope I may use the both of refugee travel document and reentry permit for traveling. I have the reentry permit and copy of refugee travel document with me. I hope they would not affect my application for citizenship. Please let me know. Thank you very much.

You are good to go. Good luck at the interview...:)

Thank you so much for response. Quick question, does that mean I dont have to list the trips I took before I were a Legal Permenent Resident (GC)? thanks!