Transfers to Missouri

Johar,
My case is National Interest Waiver. However, I filed the I-485 while I am in Georgia and then I moved to Newyork. I moved to Cincinnati last July. Still working for the same company.
My case was transfered from Texas to Vermont to MSC, don't know where they plan to transfer it now.

Johar Ali said:
xu30318: Is your case employment based? Are you 245(i)? Good luck...

I filed the fourth EAD and AP application. In the receipt of the EAD application, I was required to Call the 1800 number to schedule a finger print at local INS. Is it the new policy? Do I need another finger print for my green card?

interview details:==== My I485 RD is march 06, 2001, case employment based EB2
TD: Septemebr 22, 2004
FP: November 16, 2004
Interview Date: January 07, 2005
interview time 10:30 am
arrived there 9:50
interview started 10:25 am
Got finger printed on a blank form, right hand side index finger.
Signed the same blank form front and back hopefully did not signed away my kidney.
took oath "so help me God" and other formalities. She introduced herself. Her name was Jill, very nice lady but had no expressions so could not tell ahead what she was planing. Anyway, all the normal questions one will ask a criminal or normally appears on the visa forms. A few examples:
Did you kill, threaten to kill or helped to kill anyone.
Were you ever a member fo the comunist party.
Are you going to practice polygomy (multipple marriages)
Espionage, over throw the Bush govt and other like this...
Were you ever involved in drug trafficking of child traficking?
Have you ever helped an illegal alian to enter the USA.
The whole interview probably took less than 30 minutes.
I gave her employement letter since it was asked in the interview letter. She asked if I have ever changed jobs. My answer NO...
She phocopied the passports, I guess.
Asked for one document, since I said yes to it when asked during questioning.
it was J-1 2 years home residency requirement 212(e)
She really said it in a very polite way, since it was not asked in the interview letter.
However, I knew I never sent in a copy of it ever so I presented her with the approval notice and she copied it and returned my original.
She asked if I am planing to travel on the AP sometime soon.
I said depend on the outcome today, if I get approval then I won't have to travel on AP. Then there came the name check and according to her my name check was pending and my case could not be approved without it. So bottom line have to waite for the dear post man. Anyway, what God does is always best for us. So lets see what is out there for me which is best. I do strongly believe that this way is best for me... Cheers :)
What is going on with you coldfusion.... Did the postman showed up with the letter...

Just to let you guys know that I am still waiting to get my interview date. I am one of the first few guys who started this forum. Mine is an MSC transfer case. The latest update on my case is , early december 2004 I did my 4th fingerprinting for my I-485. But the last fingerpriting notice came from Hartford, CT office. I am from CT. Not sure this means they transfered my case from MSC to Hartford, CT. Just waiting for something to happen.... :confused:

PD Aug 2000
I-140 AD Oct 2001
485 RD 01/16/02 (VSC)
MSC TD 11/10/03
4 EADS, APs and countless fingerprintings
Interview date ??

RGade: That means your interview is not that far now. You should be getting your interview letter by next month the latest.

Hey guys, I got a question: My EAD is going to expire on 05/05/05 had my interview done on 01/07/04 and figer prints done on 11/016/04. Approval pending for name check/background check. Should I start the EAD renewal process? Thanks

EAD renewal

Johar,

The EAD renewal thing, I was told that I have to apply at least 90 days before your current one expires and if it is not approved even after 90 days from the date of notice then you can walk into the Local office to get it issued. I have done this previously for my third one. They issue a temporary EAD for 6 months.

I may start the next one if I don't get the approval by Feb 2nd week.

I hope it won't that long to get my approval :(

coldfusion thanks, That was my thinking as well but I guess I have to go for the fifth EAD. Some have suggested that it may also trigger approval. Anyway, I hope we get our approvals soon. I don't care about the expenses but frankly I am tired of filing applications an waiting for their approvals....

Just came back to check how you guys doing.
Look back, I started to suspect MSC is just a place holder, all the case will finally go to a local office, and when does it happen would depend on the workload and scheduling of the local office. so it might be helpful to pay the local office a visit.(and of course, it is INS, never be surprised by anything)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Bobxu,

How are you doing? How is life after GC approval? I had an Interview in NYC but not stamped because of missing a document. So waiting now for that

Thanks

local office experience/EAD: Good news, I can renew my EAD the same day since my case in the local office, this is what I was told hopefully they will not change their mind when I go there on the last day.

Bad news: No information was given to me about name check. I was told you do not have the right to know when your name check was requested, all they told me that my 485 is marked as name check pending. I guess the key word here is "MARKED". You know what I mean.... :)

Yeah, I remember, we were worried about the name check thing before the interview.

It is ridiculous. If someone's name is closed to one on the black list, should his case be reviewed faster,rather than taking for ever? guess INS would rather terrorist suspect stays freely in the country longer rather than shorter.

Johar Ali said:
local office experience/EAD: Good news, I can renew my EAD the same day since my case in the local office, this is what I was told hopefully they will not change their mind when I go there on the last day.

Bad news: No information was given to me about name check. I was told you do not have the right to know when your name check was requested, all they told me that my 485 is marked as name check pending. I guess the key word here is "MARKED". You know what I mean.... :)

coldfusion

how is your work these days? did you pay the NYC office a visit after your interview?

Hope you will get the approval soon.

bobxu

coldfusion said:
Hey Bobxu,

How are you doing? How is life after GC approval? I had an Interview in NYC but not stamped because of missing a document. So waiting now for that

Thanks

bobxu said:
Yeah, I remember, we were worried about the name check thing before the interview.

It is ridiculous. If someone's name is closed to one on the black list, should his case be reviewed faster,rather than taking for ever? guess INS would rather terrorist suspect stays freely in the country longer rather than shorter.
YEs, because the longer they keep him/her the more time they get to free the torture cells since they are all full. It might get faster these days since they released 4 britons and Gonzales is getting approved and he knows how to build mroe cells so there should be no more torture cells shortages.. :)

Coldfusion: You need to get an infopass and go there man.. It might help

Last edited by a moderator:
I am waiting for reply from the Congresswoman's office. It is just one week. They told me that it may take upto 6 weeks for them to get back.

I don't want to run in too many directions

Thanks

Finger printing notice

After two ref and writing a letter to the Senator, I received a letter from Texas Service center (I originally filed my 485 application in this service center) for finger printing. I also visited the local INS office and was told that both my wife and my file was transfered to the local district office. However, my wife didn't receive the finger printing notice.

Don't know how long should I wait. It is really painful....

From my past knowledge, the finger print notice is generated automatically by the service centers you filed the case with. It does not have any implication to where your files actually are.

Hope you case is approved soon. It has been too much pain for us MSC transfers already.

xu30318 said:
After two ref and writing a letter to the Senator, I received a letter from Texas Service center (I originally filed my 485 application in this service center) for finger printing. I also visited the local INS office and was told that both my wife and my file was transfered to the local district office. However, my wife didn't receive the finger printing notice.

Don't know how long should I wait. It is really painful....

Hey guys!
Finally something is going on, yesterday my lawyer called and told me that I have interview at my local office in Hartford on February 14! Last time I've heard from them was September 23 '04 for fingerprinting. My case was transfered to MSC on November 19 '03. I'll let you know what happen next.

Great.
You will have approval/stamp on 2/14 to put the whole ordeal behind you.

mariopol said:
Hey guys!
Finally something is going on, yesterday my lawyer called and told me that I have interview at my local office in Hartford on February 14! Last time I've heard from them was September 23 '04 for fingerprinting. My case was transfered to MSC on November 19 '03. I'll let you know what happen next.