Transferred to Local INS office in Washington -Aug 15th RD

Hi NovaGuy,

In the required documents paystub is mentioned below part of the interview letter. For you and your spouse and Hour and Pay something like that.

Make sure you cover the name check status thing. We missed that point. I hope you will succeed in it.

Paystubs are mentioned nowhere on my letter, I've looked at this letter over and over since I received it, so that's why I asked my initial question. What exactly is the name check? Is it just the fingerprint results? I've been reading some of the posts here but I don't quite get the name check thing fully. Included with my interview package was a fingerprint schedule asking me to redo my fingerprints asap and I did those in the last week of December. It's so amazing to see how silly these INS people can be, to call you for an interview and not have everything on their end ready for the interview. They are just prolonging the torture deliberately. Your response is appreciated wonderfulboy.

Finger Prints is to verify your criminal records based on the finger prints.
Name Check/Security Check mean verifying your first, last name, middle name and date of birth in FBI and security agencies databases to verify you are not part of the terrorist names and their associated terrorist organizations.

Hope that helped you NovaGuy. Be careful look at the previous posts and do the best you can do regarding your name check before going for the interview.

In the interview if they say because of security check (same as name check) they cannot stamp your passport then ask them whether they received security check from FBI or yet to request FBI to give the report or even after requesting FBI for the report FBI didn't complete it.

Dont do mistakes like what i did. Its my sincere advise. I am regretting for the mistakes i did. Further delay in the case.

I tried to call the Immigration Status Verifier i gave you guys in previous my postings.

Funny thing is that the officer who lifted the phone said she doesn't handle the adjustment of status cases it seems only social security etc. So don't use that feature.

I apologize for it.

Did you see any prograssssssssss...

Hi Friends,

I did not see any improvement in scheduing interviews even after holidays..
Did anybody have any news about "scheduling interviews".

Thnaks...

Hi PeaceInSpirit, BrightStar,

How is your Security Check/Name Check stuff going on? Did you guys any response from local office or senators office or FBI office?

Regarding my side i waiting for the response emily (senator's office), faxed/fedex overnighted/emailed David Hardy's office, asked rajiv khanna to follow up with fbi too, took infopass appointment to get renewed EAD and AP for me and my wife on 21st if possible will find the status on that date about our 485 processes.

Apart from that nothing new from my side.

Wonderfulboy,

I just got an email from Patty Kennedy, Senator Warner's office, about my name check. She said she made an initial inquiry on my behalf to CIS Headquarters -- and have now followed up through the Congressional Liaison Office at the FBI. And she will be back in touch once she receive any news. No any other news from other resources.

Wonderfulboy
No response.
Send messages and fax to Emily and Lynn at George Allen's office .No resoponse.
Emails and fax and FIOA to FBI. No response.
Took infopass next Thursday. see what will happen.
Very Frustrated.

485 Transferred to FairFax office!!!

Guys,

First time poster. Just discovered this thread. Watching it for the past week. Very informative.

My 485 has been transferred to FairFax office. Any ideas what's going on at this office and what is the timeline of
the interview schedule Vs transferred date?

Thanks in Advance.

My case is an EB2 files ft vermont.

Wonderfulboy,

What can it be done to avoid name check delay before the interview? I thought only officer can inquire FBI name check before or after the interview, not the interviewees.....

Thanks in advance.

Dude12 said:
Guys,

First time poster. Just discovered this thread. Watching it for the past week. Very informative.

My 485 has been transferred to FairFax office. Any ideas what's going on at this office and what is the timeline of
the interview schedule Vs transferred date?

Thanks in Advance.

My case is an EB2 files ft vermont.

welcome to the club.....approximate wait time 8 + months, my case was transferred on aug 6 2004 and still waiting, other people here got transfered on april 2004 and still waiting :confused:

Hi cmky55,

Regarding security check/name check i would suggest all the people who case got transferred to local office immediately send email, fax and send letter to FBI office requesting status on security check. Thats all we can do as an interviewee assuming that by the time of interview call atleast the interviewer might have our security check info or atleast if FBI respond to us saying that they found no record we can tell the same to the officer and ask them to speed up in getting the data from FBI.

But if we don't have any clue about Secuirty check there are so many ambiguities for us whether FBI has done our security check or not, if not when are they going complete it etc.

Its better to give a shot well before. Even after we send email, fax, letter etc if we don't get response from them that's a different story any way.

This is what i can suggest people whose cases got transferred local office recently or waiting for interview call.

I spoke to my lawyer regarding the whole name check thing. He said that there is nothing that can be done regarding the name check. He said he has a client that was interviewed 2 years ago and is still waiting on the name check. He said because it is a national security issue there is nothing that can be done. All I can do is hope for the best. My interview is tomorrow. Another colleague was interviewed today but wasn't stamped because of missing photographs for a relative. Once they send new photographs they will get stamped. I will post my interview details at a later date.

NoVAguy said:
I spoke to my lawyer regarding the whole name check thing. He said that there is nothing that can be done regarding the name check. He said he has a client that was interviewed 2 years ago and is still waiting on the name check. He said because it is a national security issue there is nothing that can be done. All I can do is hope for the best. My interview is tomorrow. Another colleague was interviewed today but wasn't stamped because of missing photographs for a relative. Once they send new photographs they will get stamped. I will post my interview details at a later date.

NoVAguy,
All the best for your interview. Do update us when you get back from the interview. Hopefully you don't have to run thru the problem of missing name & security checks when your file is reviewed.

Thanks perico for the info.

Hmm.. guess there is nothing much to do than wait. Will keep my fingers crossed now and keep reading this forum. Will share with any 'news' if lucky enough to hear(see) it myself .

Interviewed today

As I had mentioned in an earlier post, I had my interview today. Got there around 12:30, sat with my lawyer for a bit and he was just going over a few things with me. My name was called around 1:10 by a very pleasant looking lady. After I saw how pleasant she was my nerves calmed down. She took two fingerprints and signatures and she took me to her office to take an oath. She then proceeded to go through my file and verify my information. Asked me stuff like my name, address, social, mother and father's name etc., place of birth, and the I-485 questions (like if I ever committed any crimes, took welfare etc.). She then asked for employment letter. My lawyer gave her that and my W2(I only had one) and 6 month's paystubs..She looked through that and verified it was ok. Then she asked if we had a copy of my I-140 approval because for some reason it wasn't in my file. My lawyer gave her a copy. She stepped out, made a copy and then she came back. She said she'd be back in a second. She came back in less than 5 minutes and she said everything looks perfect. She generated a letter on the computer, gave myself and the lawyer a copy and then she stamped my passport. Said I would receive the card in 3-6 months. She said these days it is taking less time. She congratulated me and welcomed me. Interview was done in 20 mins. So finally I can put closure to all of this. I wish all you guys the best and for those who got interviewed but are still awaiting the name check. I hope you get stamped soon. The lady did mention to my lawyer that the whole name check process is kinda crazy these days but there is nothing they can do besides sit back and wait on the FBI. Hang in there guys. I will still visit these forums. These forums have kept my hope alive for the past 2 years. Over and out.

Congratulations NoVAguy on your approval. This gives us all a ray of hope that tells us there is light on the other side of the tunnel.

Keep visiting and n'joy ur freedom.