Transferred to Local INS office in Washington -Aug 15th RD

Fikabir,
Any updates on your AOS ? I hope your AOS interview has been setup by now..

va_transfer,
Please keep us posted if you hear anything about getting the medical done again. I hope to find a nice officer too so that I dont have to wait there much....

thanks and good luck to both of you. ...

Interviewed and Approved today

Receipt Date: 08/03/01
Notice Date: 09/25/01
First Finger Print: 01/29/02
RFE: 08/01/02
RFE reply Receipt Date at VSC: 08/21/02
Transfer Date: 10/07/02 to Arlington BCIS
Interview Letter Arrived some time in April.
Second Finger Print: 07/09/03
Interview Date: 08/13/03
Approved Date: 08/13/03

Let me know if you need more info. Silent viewer all these days. Contacted Mr.Frank Wolf (Member of Congress from VA) once.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello sreenee,
My TD is 02/28/03. and my interview is in Nov 2003.

a) I was wondering if you can share your experience from the Interview room ?

b) Did they ask you to take a second medical also ? They do mention in the letter to take the 2nd FP, which I will do next month, but no mention of the medical ? What all documentation needs to be taken there ?

thanks in advance...

Hello SWaiting

I can definetly share my experience with you.

Yes, the interview letter asked me to take 2nd medical also. But the officer didn't bother of asking me my medical exam results untill i gave it to him.

Doc's asked.

1) Passport, I-94, Arrival/Departure Records.
2) Medical Exam's results (i think I-694).
3) Tax return's and W-2's for the last 3 years.
4) Current employment letter for me and my spouse with pay and hours worked per week.
5) Court arrests if applicable.
6) Proof of common residence with photo's.

The letter said interview will be video taped but it was not.

Let me know if you need any info. By the way both of us work and both of us got stamped yesterday.

sreenee: congratulations! enjoy your freedom.

Did you take a lawyer with you? do you have to
go there early and wait in line if you have interview
letter? did the officer tell you the reason of your
transfer?

thanks.

VA_Transfer

I did take my attorney. But he was not willing to come with me. Some how i managed to take him. I beleive it will definetly help if you take. There was a small argument between my attorney and the officer, the officer brought one more officer for his help. This was regarding my wife. He asked to show Affidavit of Support (i think I-134) for my wife and attorney questioned to show the record books for why we need to submit that document. Finally after the argument he went and spoke to his boss and approved both of us and thanked my attorney 'saying you learned me a new thing today'.

I did not stand in the lines. I went there around 9.30, when our interviews were scheduled between 10.45 to 11.45, seperate times but we requested to be interview once and the officer agreed for that.

sreenee - thanks for sharing the information. I am planning to take the lawyer too as my case is little complicated too.

va_transfer - does your letter ask for the medical exam again ? What are you planning to do ? goodluck for your interview which you mentioned is in last week of this month....

sreenee: thanks. did the officer ask any document
related to your I-140? (like company information, etc)

swaiting: they didn't ask me for medical in the
interview letter. maybe i will just take a copy of the
old one.

VA_Transfer

I just went and put my letter in the drop box and waited for us to be called.

I didn't ask him the reason for transfer, but i asked my attorney the reason for transfer and he told me they just wanted to see you, and it looked like that, because the officer didn't look at any thing which i took.

He didn't ask me for I-140 (even though i have it). All the officer asked is 3 years tax returns and employment letter for both of us. He didn't even look at them. Just punched and put them in the folder.

Guys,

I'm still waiting for the interview letter with TD 10/7/02, RD 9/24/01. I contacted both the Senators and recently sent a letter to the Director, Washington DC office. I don't know what else I can do. Do you have any suggestions?

fikabir

Hi Sreenee,

CONGRATULATIONS! Let's hope all the interviews for every one goes as smooth as yours. Do you know which officer interviewed you? Mine is supposed to be with officer B, and I have heard he is very picky! Also do you know if you can immediately change your job after the approval or if you have to wait a while? And one last question.... did they say how long until you get the actual card?

Fikabir,
I really do feel for you. Just hang in there and keep the positive vibes going!

Best of luck to every one
Desparate1

desperate1,
Has your interview been scheduled ? If I remember corectly,your transfer date was in March 2003. When is your interview ?
Does it say anything about getting the medical done again ?

goodluck

Hi desparate1

Thanks. It was officer F. He told me i will get my actual card in 3 to 6 months and i can travel on the stamp in my passport.

I am changing my job immediatly after my approval. My attorney told me no one can do you anything after approval. I leaving a consulting job which will go for an year to accept a full time job at a different client.

I already used AC-21 4 times before my approval. (4 job changes after 180 days). So i dont think it is a problem.

Got my passport Stamped!!!

Hi Guys!

I went to interview today and got my passport stamped. Why my case was trasferred was because my marriage was registered after my son was born! So they wanted to findout when we got married. I showed them pictures and officer was kind enough to accept my explanation and stamped my passport!!

All the best for the rest of guys!!!

mmangu

CONGRATULATIONS mmangu! and good luck to everyone else!

hi SWaiting. My 2nd fingerprint is scheduled for the first week of september and my interview is set up for December9. They want a whole bunch of documents (marriage certificate, photos, W2 for the past 3 yrs and ....) but nothing about doing the medicals again.

Take care
desparate1