Transferred to Local INS office in Washington -Aug 15th RD

fikbir:

one possibility is that your file has been accidentally
put into the family based queue, instead of employment
based queue.

SWaiting:

they sent interview notice to both you and your lawyer.

ik

Hello ik,
My case is similar to yours too. My case has been transfer from VSC to Washington office. Since then I moved to NJ. I was wondering if you had any success in getting your files moved from Washington office to Newark ??

thanks

Swaiting

INS will chek with post offices!

Hello SWaiting,

I was at Washington Local office this past Sat. The IIO told me to make sure my name is on the mail bos, also to make sure my name "IS LISTED UNDER THE ADDRESS THAP APPEARS ON MY INS FORMS" He said INS checks with the local post offices before sending any notice (Might be another reason why all the procedures are so proloned)

Good luck
Desparate1

desperate 1,
thanks for the info. I am hoping since I still have the VA license with the address which i used when I applied for the I-485 and the lawyer will get a copy of the interview notice too, it may still work for me.

I want to get the files transferred to NJ as I live there now and its much faster there, but no body seems to know how to get the file transferred. even my lawyer....

thanks

Swaiting

Hi Swaiting,

15 days ago i went to NJ BCIS and told about my problem.
They asked me to fill out a change of address form. In that form, I had to fill out what type of application and center where it was filed and A#. They told me that they will conduct my interview here at NJ. But it is difficult to beleive these guys. The scarry part
is EAD and AP. I was told that I can apply my AP at NJ. EAD, they are not sure about it. Mine is going to be expiring in Dec. I am planning to visit them before 120 days of its expiring date. Meantime my lawyer told me that file transfer from one local center to another may take more than 6 months. I am losing hope on this and may even return to India instead of living like this. So if you are working on EAD, better take care of that first.
Hope we can come of this problem soon.:confused:

ik,
Dont sweat so much. I know it feels hopeless but I have seen worse problems. My EAD wont even come to me in NJ as I had applied it using my VA address. I hope US Postal forwards it, otherwise I will manage with the Approval letter which comes to the lawyer.

File transfer is a pain and I am not going to go for it. I will manage with some VA address.

GeeCee Saga, Desperate 1,
I recieved my interview notice letter today. My transfer date was 2/28/03. And the interview on 11/05/03. So you all should be getting it soon too. Good luck.

Swaiting....

SWaiting,

Did you already receive your interview letter from Arlington? What is your RD, TD ? My file was transfered on Oct 7'02, still I'm waiting for the interview letter.

fikabir

Last edited by a moderator:
fikabir,
My TD as mentioned before is 2/28/03.
My RD is 10/12/2001.

I am sorry to hear that your TD is from July last year and your interview is still not scheduled.

I recieved my letter today from Washington Office. I am assuming it and Arlington are same thing...

good luck

Swaiting.

SWaiting,

Contratualtions! You are really lucky you got your interview letter earlier. Most of the peoples here are waiting 8-12 months to get the interview letter.

Yes, Arlington and Washington is the same office.

fikabir

Congrats!

Hi SWaiting!

Congratulations! It was a good news. I am hoping to get mine soon now as my TD was 3/19/03. Can you tell me if they set up an IV date immediately or if we have to wait another light year for the IV?

Best of luck
Desparate1

Miracle happens to some people

A friend of mine working in the same dept. got approval directly from Arlington without any interview. Some peoples are really lucky. His RD is same with mine (Sept 24'01) and TD is in the end of March. Looks like they are working on the file which were transfered during Feb/Mar/April. I'm getting crazy day by day but noting I can do.

fikabir

Nov 2001 case transferred to DC/Arlington

Just wanted to let you know that I'm here too :).

RD: Nov 21, 2001
ND: Dec 12, 2001
RFE: Apr 29, 2003 (Employment letter and last 2 pay stubs)
TD: Jun 16, 2003 (DC Office/Arlington)
AD: Enough said!

Take care and keep the useful info coming!

SQ

va_transfer,

Not yet, still waiting for the interview notice. I went to Arlington Office last Wednesday, they said my file went for review on March 20. The officer was not much helpful.

Hi Guyz
It's been a while. I check up on all of you once in a while to see I have not been left behind.
Swaiting you are really lucky we got transferred on the same day and my RD is Sept 2001 and yet no news.
Anywho I've jsut given up on this GC thing. IF things work out good else I'm packing my bags and going home.
Fikabir don't get frustrated things will work out the more you think about it the more it will bother you. Did you go again to Arlington to tell them that it's taken so long?
If not perhaps you should pay them a visit. Catch u all later.

GeeCee Saga,

Nothing happend to me so far. I visited Arlington office last week and talked to an old IIO. He didn't give me much information except that my file went for review on march 20. I don't know what's that mean. I was expecting to see that young black lady, she is really nice but unfortunately met that old fellow. I conatcted both of the VA senator, no use.

One of my friend got approval without any interview from Arlington. Another guy visited Arlington office two weeks back and the IIO scheduled his interview right at the counter. I was expecting something like that.

fikabir

Case transfered to Arlington. How to apply EAD?

Hi, All:

My case was recently transfered to Arlington.

RD Nov. 01
ND Dec. 01
RFE 05/09/03
RFE Received 05/23/03
Transfered 06/05/03

I need to apply for EAD. I guess I need to mail the documents to:

Washington District Office
4420 N. Fairfax Drive
Arlington, VA 22203

Is there any other things that I need to pay attention? I mean,
is there any procedure that is different from applying EAD from
VSC?

Will I receive a receipt from Arlington for the EAD application?
And, generally how long it takes for processing, 3 months?

Fikabir, va_transfer and others, I saw that you guys went through
the EAD application process before. Please share some of your
experiences in applying EAD from Arlington. Thank you!

GeeCee Saga,

Thanks. I don't expect miracle in my case. I never get anything without strugling.

dewey,

Yes, that is the right address to send your EAD application. You have to send all documents with EAD application as you did for VSC. You may need not to send pictures since they will take your picture during EAD appointment. They won't send you the reciept notice, instead they will send you appointment letter by 30-60 days. You have to go there, they will get your picture and will give you laminated EAD. They will ask you for the appointment letter and VA driver's license. That's it.