Transfer to BOSTON local office: TRACKER

I called Neal's office and told them the story. The woman that answered the phone must get these calls all the time b/c she knew right away what I was talking about. She called the immigration and was told that our cases are on the scheduling shelf. So we are sheduled to be scheduled. :confused: She said to call her back if we do't hear from immigration withing3-4 weeks. Lets :rolleyes: see how it goes.

GR

No Interview Letter

Hi giedrys,
My case also got stuck in Boston. It got transferred on June 30 no interview letter yet. I took infopass appointment and they told me I am on the wait list to be scheduled. Let me know when you get the letter.
Did you get your finger printing letter yet.

Boston Interview Question

Hello Everyone,

I'm a new subscriber and would like to thank everyone for their input to my questions in advance. You all are very helpful and I welcome your suggestions, comments, etc.

1. I am scheduled for an interview on March 31 but would like to re-schedule it for an earlier date so I can attend my son's wedding in India on March 31. Is that possible? If so, what is the best way?

2. Why the the Boston INS not approve cases right then and there after the interview? Which cases are approved on the spot, and which cases are approved at a future date?

Thank you very much once again. I look forward to hearing from you all.

-kj

forget about re-schedule, it only delay the interview, not advance.

I think they will not approve the case on the spot if name check is not cleared, at least with my case.

kjhkr2004:

Please let us know the details of your case details.
When it was transfered?
Some people are waiting for a long time for the interview date. Just to have an estimate.

Thanks

My case was transferred in September 2004 to Boston. The letter arrived yesterday.

I applied concurrently (140 & 485) in April of 2003. The 140 was approved towards the end of that year (2003). I was fingerprinted in Feb 2004.

Question:

Forgive my ignorance but what is a name check? That was listed as a reason for not being approved on the day of the interview.

Thank you.
-kj

Thanks for the info.
Name check is a routine check carried out by the FBI on the request of USCIS. Once you file 485, USCIS will send your name to FBI to check any records (criminal) are present or clean.

Now I am confused. Did you already attend an interview?

File number for I-485 interview notice at Boston local office

Hi Everyone,
I just got an interview notice for me and wife from Boston office. In the letter, we were assigned a file number. But the number is not our A number, even if it started with A. My question is " is the file number your A number?".

At the end of the letter, it was CC to an attorney, who we never hired. We filed everything by ourselves. Does it mean that the office confused our name with somebody else? Thank you in advance.

Boston Interview Experience

Hi All,

I am mostly a silent reader of this forum but I want to share my interview experience with you. Interview was scheduled for yesterday at 2:00PM at room E170. Got there around 12:00PM. Some lady took the index finger print and my signature and directed me to check in. Since my lawyer was already there waiting we both checked in. We had to wait there for 2 hours. Finally at 3:30 my name was called and I went in the officer's cube.

1. He asked me to raise my hand and swear in that I will tell only the truth.
2. Sat down, he spend 5 min browsing through my file and paperwork
3. Confirmed name, address, biographic info, date of entry, manner of entry.
4. Asked when I did start to work for my employer
5. Had a nice chat with my attorney on how messed up Vermont Serv. Ctr. is.
6. Asked for last 8 paystubs, 04 W2, 03 Tax returns, I-94, EAD, Passport.
7. We were told in to wait there for a second, he left with all documents.
8. 3 minutes later he showed up, shook my hand and told me "Welcome to United States as a Permanent Resident, Please bear with me until I stamp your paper work and then I will stamp your passport"
9. Stamped a bunch of documents on my file, then stamped passport
10. Congratulated me again, told me card should be in within 2 months since they are fast nowadays, and I am free to travel and work.

That was it. I think having a lawyer with you is a good idea since his presence there makes a difference, at least in my opinion. The officer was extremely extremely friendly.

Interview letter asked for: "All original documents, Passport, I-94 and all documents that qualify you for permanent residence" My suggestion is take all.

Case transferred 09/04, Interview letter received 11/04, Interview and approval 02/05.

Case details:

EB3 RIR
I-140/I-485 RD 05/03
FP1 05/31/03
EAD1 06/03
I-140 RFE 12/03
I-140 AD 03/04
FP2 08/04
EAD2 07/04
I-485 Transferred 09/04
Interview letter 11/04
Interview & Approval 02/05

Mitroloz03,
Congratulations on your success in green card application. Is your file number on the notice letter your A number? Or are they different? Mine is not my A number. Thanks.

File number

I do not have the interview letter with me since they kept it but i am sure that it was my A number since at boston that was the number they matched the letter and the file.

curiousboy
We sent our applications for EAD renewal (ours expire in june) and we got a notice for Biometrics from Minnesota (?) service center last week. Still waiting for the interview lettter, though...

Wait Continues After Interview

Hello,
We had an interview y'day and our passport were not stamped. We were told that Background check is pending so he cannot make a decision. What a crap? I asked how long this will take. He replied, "From 2 WEEKS TO 1 YEAR". This is great. What a range?
It was just waste of time. The officer just verified the biographic info and asked for emp letter, W2s, Tax return and marriage cert.
If anyone has any question, I will be happy to answer.

Can you please tell us when your case was transferred and when your interview date was scheduled.

Any other info you feel pertinent.

Thanks

If you read this post you will find all my details.

Anyway,
Transferred in 1st week of May 2004
Received Interview letter in 3 week of Sept 2004
Date of interview was in 3 week of Feb 2005

Hi, giedrys:

Can you tell me where you mailed your EAD renewal application. I will also need to renew my EAD, but don't where I should send, Boston office or VSC?

Thank you

giedrys said:
curiousboy
We sent our applications for EAD renewal (ours expire in june) and we got a notice for Biometrics from Minnesota (?) service center last week. Still waiting for the interview lettter, though...

immime,
If your case if transferred to Boston office, then you will have to send your ead renewal application to Chicago office. You will find the address on EAD application form. When I had an interview I asked this question to officer and he told me. Boston office does not accept any application forms since Dec 2004. I hope this helps.

Thanks thecrown007, I have sent my package to the Chicago office. But I am still not sure if I should send it to VSC because in the first page of i-765 it clearly says the change of filing location is only for the family-based case. However when you go to USCIS.com website, there is a poster--it looks all the i-765 should be sent to Chicage office! It realy confuses me. Anyway, I sent to Chicago office.

thecrown007 said:
immime,
If your case if transferred to Boston office, then you will have to send your ead renewal application to Chicago office. You will find the address on EAD application form. When I had an interview I asked this question to officer and he told me. Boston office does not accept any application forms since Dec 2004. I hope this helps.

Our EAD requestts were submitted through our lawyer. I have no clue how the cases ended up in Montana. We will call our lawyer and ask him if there was no mistake. Afr all that I know, our cases should have been sent to Chicago office. Could it have been that they fowarded it to Montana due to overload or somenthing?

- :eek: giedrys