Transfer to BOSTON local office: TRACKER

HGC,
Thx for such a detailed reply? I applied for my 3EAD to NSC on 10/19/04. NSC transferred my file to VSC on 12/15/04. No update on my EAD. I don't know if EAD is also transferred. today is the 90th day since filing. Have an InfoPass appt for i-EAD 1 week from today. Do you think they transferred my EAD also but forgot to update the system?

Lawyer says I-140 original is with USCIS

Hello,
Could anyone please answer my question.
I have been asking for an original I-140 from my lawyer for an interview that I have to go for. He is saying that USCIS has original I-140. Is this possible or is it that my lawyer is lying ? What should I do ? He did send me the copy of I-140 approval. Is it sufficient to bring copy of I-140 for an interview ? Please respond at the earliest. Thanks a lot.

pras01

pras01:

My lawyer filed my ead in TSC and it got xfered to Boston district office and i see a change in msg.

If it's been 90 days, you can get your interim ead from district office close to you.

thecrown007: What interview? Is it a GC interview? CP? Please provide details.

thecrown007

thecrown007:

During GC Interview, it is good to take all the originals but if you can show photocopy/case-status-online-printout-for-I140, I think that should be enuf. Also, the IIOs are very cooperative and they usually don't bother that much unless there are complications in your case.

I think you should be fine. My interview was very plain, was not asked **ANY** document!!! ONLY PASSPORT!

Confused ... what this mean

Sorry for posting the message here. but I am really confused. Please help.

I recd copy from lawyer about I140 approval on 13th Jan 2005. Please note that I am in EB2 category. Approval notice indicates the same but message indicates something like below;

"petition indicates that the person for whom u r filing is in US and will apply for AOS. The evidence indicates that he or she is not eligible to file an AOS application. The determination is based on info submitted with petition and any relating files........
B'coz the person for whom u r petitioning is not eligible to adjust, we have sent the approved petition to Dept of State National Visa Center (NVC)..... NVC processes all approved imigrant visa petitions that need consular processing and also determines which consular post is appropriate consulate to complete visa processing..NVC will forward the approved petition to that consulate.

Gurus, Please help me to understand this message. I haven't applied for Consulate processing. I did apply for concurrent 140/485 in EB2. FP has been done.

What may be the reason to forward application to NVC ? What will happen now ? I am really worried. Appreciate your help in advance.

-happy4you

Interview Letter

Guys Please Help,
Case transferred to Boston on June 30th 2004. Fingerprinting done in mid of Nov. No Inteview letter yet. Can people please post the time of transfer and finger printing and the date they received the interview letter. Feel free to post if you riding on my boat.

transferred on mid-July last year, got interview notice and FP notice at mid-Oct. Interview is scheduled for early Feb. Between mid-July and mid-Oct, made 3 case inquires at local office with INFOPASS, no help; contacted local congressman, not sure helped or not; applied EAD, not sure helped or not.

I consider the time took for scheduling my interview is normal. Your case definitely needs some attention now. it's seriously delayed. Maybe depend on which local office? mine is in Boston.

Good luck.

Finally approved 3 months after interview

Finally my case is approved.
ND 12/2001
AD 1/28/05
-Case transferred to boston in March
-Had interview in October. It was a useless interview. Waste of time for both me and to the officer. He didnt ask anything except for employment letter. He didnt approve on spot. but told he will send approval letter later. But never got it. Finally received in mail creation of records letter today. Thanks to HGC and many others for their input.

I am all set

I got 140 ammendment notice indicating that my case is now following the correct path and I am eligible for AOS. Looks like, INS had wrongly put following message in 140 approval notice. INS corrected itself without any intervention. Though my lawyer has started putting case together for correction but before that I saw LUD on approved 140 and got ammendment notice with correct message. Will wait 485 approval now.

-happy4you
happy4you said:
Sorry for posting the message here. but I am really confused. Please help.

I recd copy from lawyer about I140 approval on 13th Jan 2005. Please note that I am in EB2 category. Approval notice indicates the same but message indicates something like below;

"petition indicates that the person for whom u r filing is in US and will apply for AOS. The evidence indicates that he or she is not eligible to file an AOS application. The determination is based on info submitted with petition and any relating files........
B'coz the person for whom u r petitioning is not eligible to adjust, we have sent the approved petition to Dept of State National Visa Center (NVC)..... NVC processes all approved imigrant visa petitions that need consular processing and also determines which consular post is appropriate consulate to complete visa processing..NVC will forward the approved petition to that consulate.

Gurus, Please help me to understand this message. I haven't applied for Consulate processing. I did apply for concurrent 140/485 in EB2. FP has been done.

What may be the reason to forward application to NVC ? What will happen now ? I am really worried. Appreciate your help in advance.

-happy4you

gchope2

Which congressman did you take help from? I moved to MA from OH 7 months ago. My 3EAD got approved from NSC but our I-485 got transferred to VSC who transferred it to Cincinnati rather than Boston for interview. Now VSC transferred my daughter's EAD renewal application to Cleveland. My case is getting screwed up.

the congress man I contacted is Michael E. Capuano. you may find his contact information and office hour from www.house.gov. I know how messy it can get to even without move or changing job. I have been stuck in Boston for past 4 years, just to wait for approval so I can move on with my life.

Good luck!

Question for everyone who had interview at Boston office...

Do we have to take the photographs when we go for the I-485 EB interview (transfer case)? Or they take the picture ?

Thanks!

They have a photo facilities in the Boston Office. But if I were you, I will take 2 ADIT photos to save time.

HELP!!!!!!!!!Been waiting for interview notice for almost 8 months!

:mad:
Our case got transfered to Boston office june 29, 2004. Original receipt date April 19th, 2003. We haven't heard from Boston office yet.I've called national info center 3x already, but that seems useless. We are about to contact a representative. Per earlier message Michael E. Capuanohelpepd w/ a stuck case. According to our zip code Richard E. Neal is our local representative. Can we contact Mr. Capuano anyways? Or it has to be the rep for your area?

Also, our fingerprints are about to expire (march). How do we go about that?

Thanks,

GR

Neal

Richard Neal is also my Rep (as per zipcode). Let me know about your interactions with him/his office. The reps can only help their constituents. If you are not Capuano's contituent, his office may refer you to Neal.