Transfer to BOSTON local office: TRACKER

Gunachris how was your interview?

Gunachris,

Can you post your interview experience here. I am having interview tomorrow.

Thanks

Interview Success

Atlast we are done !

Officer told us that they will send the approval notice within a week time and come and get it stamped in your passport.

My case was little different. So it took me long time to convice the officer.

1. Take all your origianals
2. TAKE COPY OF ALL YOUR ORIGINALS
3. Employment letter
4. Any marketing material from employer if possible
5. Take all your spouse details (if they r working)all work details and paystub and tax returns.
6. Take your child details (including passport ,Birth certificate...)

We arrived 1 hour before for 3.00 o'clock interview and we have been called earlier around 2.20 pm.

My case is ABC (3rd company which i never worked with them) filed my GC and by that i was working with XXX company in valid visa. After I filed my 485 after 5months i joined another company YYY with the EAD.

1. First OATH. We didnt understand the accent so it took time to say YES. He asked us so you dont want to tell the truth. I explained him that we didnt understand the accent.
2. He asked for my employment details. Compared with my labour.
3. He asked me when did i join this company. He calculated the months from filing I485 and asked me do you know that there is a law stating that you can change your job only after 6 month of filing I485. But in your case you didn't follow the law and joined before 5 months. We were nervous.
4. My lawer explained that this is for the future employment. She never worked with the ABC company who filed the GC and i had been subcontracted through them and they were interested to file GC to here after i get the GC. But the company is no more. More over she didn;t change the job from ABC to YYY company. She changed from XXX(with visa) to YYY (EAD). So this law does not suit for her.
5. He kept asking the same question many times and then somehow he got convinced.
6. He verified my current employment status and salary , pay stub, W2...
7. He asked for visa details.
8. Then usual questions like drugs, court hearing, any illegal....
9. after done with me he moved to my husband
10. Asked what he is doing and asked his pay stub, W2's... Birth certificate, marriage certificate...
11. Asked how long you are married ( tell the number of years)
12. When did you get married(tell the date)
13. About our baby details(passport, Bc....)
14. All EAD's AP's and I94's he kept with him.
15. He said i have to check the visa number it takes two days and we will send your approval notice in a week time.
16. Since he took our AP, I94's i asked if i need to travel i dont need this?
17. He asked are you going to travel within a week time. If not you will receive the approval notice come and get your stamping in your passport on any friday.
THAT IS ALL.

Was very nervous and it took us around 40 minutes interview. We came out at 3.05. All went good.

All the best for your interview.

Take Copy's

My lawyer said Copy of all original is not required. So i didnt take it with me. Officer was upset and asked so you are not ready for the interview and do you want to come back again. My lawyer explained him that she is from different state and called INS and asked for the details what to bring and they didnt mention that we have to bring copies of it. So from the beginning he was rude to us and little friendly with the lawyer.

My lawyer was good. If anyone looking for immigration help I would like to refer her - jinupatel@mybluelight.com.

Thanks

Gunachris

Congrats!!! on your approval.
My case too is trasfered to local office in Boston. My interview is next month.

My question is : Did you get two separate interview letters for you and your spouse or just one letter.

In my case, I got only one interview letter for me and not for my spouse.Should I take my spouse with me for the interview?

Is there a way to call JFK building office and check her status. I called the NSC phone # to check her status - they just read out the status from the web (which has the old finger print message)

Please let me know. thanks and Good luck.

Two seperate letters

Hi,

We received two seperate letter for the interview.If you didnt receive one call them and try to get answer from INS. Also try to take her with you while you are going. If they didnt allow you then that is ok. You will receive another letter for her for the interview later on.

It happend to another person also.

All the best !

Notice Letter???

Hi All,

Anyone knows how long does it take to get the approval notice after the interview date. I am done with my interview on 03/08/2004.

FYI, My online states that your case has been transferred too..... INS Boston local office....

After this from Boston INS i received my FP notice, Interview letter but online status didn't show any of those changes. Would like to know whether do they put approval notice in online or they send it only via post?

I am keep on checking the online and no change of sentence making me boring...

Thanks

Re: Notice Letter???

Originally posted by Gunachris
Hi All,

Anyone knows how long does it take to get the approval notice after the interview date. I am done with my interview on 03/08/2004.

Thanks
It may take a few days or a few years.
I am waiting for my approval since April 2003...

Don't Scare me!

Hi,

Will it take this long? Officer took my I94's, EAD's, AP's after the interview is over. I asked him immediatley if i need to travel i may need it. He said if you are planning to travel within a week time then take it with you. I said no. He said you will receive your notice in a week time. So i am awaiting.

It is better if you go directly to Boston Consulate and enquire about it. So that they will process it soon.

All the best !

Re: Don't Scare me!

Originally posted by Gunachris
Hi,

Will it take this long? Officer took my I94's, EAD's, AP's after the interview is over. I asked him immediatley if i need to travel i may need it. He said if you are planning to travel within a week time then take it with you. I said no. He said you will receive your notice in a week time. So i am awaiting.

It is better if you go directly to Boston Consulate and enquire about it. So that they will process it soon.

All the best !

I did not want to scare you. This is just what happened to me. The officer told me after the interview that the approval is a matter of a few weeks. He also took my I-94 and asked do not travel. When I went to the Boston CIS office after a month of waiting, the IIO told me that he was wrong and I have to wait for at least two more months. After six month of waiting, I sent them the status inquiry but did not receive any reply. Then I called to my local Congressmen office. They were very helpful and retrieved the reason of pending that is the FBI name check. However, they said they had no authority over FBI, so they could not help to find out why and where it was stuck.

I hope you will be more lucky than me.

Best,
YLB2

Interview over Passport Stamped

Myself, my wife and our attorney went at 1.00 pm for our 1.30 interview. One lady called our name at 1.40. Went to her office video camera was not even plugged.

Little background on my case:

AC21 after 1 year of 485 pending, changed Attorney and the new attorney got the copies of my file from the previous attorney.

See the RFE here :
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=95077

1.Took OATH. She asked for our passports.
2.Went through my file checked the file birth date and birth place, I said YES. Then she asked usual questions said NO to all.
3.Then she asked if we have any kids we gave our only daughter's birth certificate (US Citizen) she made a copy of it.
4.She asked me if I had worked for Company XYZ(Company A Name in my RFE). I answered NO. She showed that in Company ABC (compnay filed my labor to 485) has stated in their Letter Head that I work for Company XYZ. (Not sure if it is a TYPO or done intentionally).
5.Then your company has misrepresented you.
6.She want through my file and said that my I-140 was denied on July 2001 and she said she has to deny my 485.
7.My attorney went through my file the copy he had and said he have copy of my I-140 approval on Jan 2002. The lady went through ,my file and said she dont have and my attorney gave a copy of it to her.
8.She asked my where I am working now and asked my employment letter. I gave the letter to her.
9.She said my file is complicated and she wants to talk to her supervisor. She left the room.
10.She came back.
11.Took my wife's file asked her if she is employed she said YES and gave the company name.
12.She then asked that she has a H1B pending applied June 2002. We said she left the company that sponsered her H1B on Jan 2002 and after that she is working on EAD. (Flashback:She came here on H4 and she joined one company after getting her H1B).
13.Then she said our file is a mess.
14.She asked me if I had the same Job Title I said YES. Then she said she will approve my case as I am no longer with the company ABC (which she said has a big financial trouble and more problems) and also as I am working for my new company for more than 1 year. She said if I was working for Company ABC she would not have approved my case
15.She said she will anyhow wil give my case to her Supervisor to look at it.
16.Then she took our I-94, EAD and stamped our passport for 1 year. She said we will receive our cards in 6 to 9 months.
17.We came out but stil not sure what she meant by running our case with her supervisor.

Atlast we are happy now after a terrific 50 minutes. Still puzzled whether anything will happen.

As I know and informed by my old compnay. I got my Labor certification approved on April 99, I-140 approved Dec 99. I didnt file for 485 as my marriage was fixed when I came back date got backolgged had to wait for 2 more years to file my 485. But the INS had denied my 140 in June 2001 not sure about the reason how they approved it on Jan 2002.

My attorney said he will call the old attorney and will find out what was happening on my case.

Thanks All and special thanks to GunaChris.

Last edited by a moderator:
485indiaEB3 how was your interview?

Hi,

I am not clear about your case. Have you got stamped in your passport or not? What did the officer say atlast? Did they approve it or still process is going on????

Since becos you mentioned that in subject "interview over passport stamped". But atlast you mentioned that "my lawyer will discuss with my previous lawyer " ..... NOT CLEAR ...

GunaChris

Has any body received welcome letter after interviewed and stamped in Boston

Hi Guys,

Has any body received welcome letter from INS after interviewed and stamped in Boston office. I got passport stamped after inteview in December. I haven't received any thing after that. Any idea how long is taking to get the card?

Thanks for the information.

GunaChris,

Officer approved our case and we got our passport stamped.

But due to our curiosity our attorney said he will find out from our previous attorney.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
CONGRATULATIONS

Congrats !

Be free and enjoy it !

Anyone can explain me why some officer are approving immediately and some wanted to check the visa numbers and they say will send you the approval notice in a week time?

Goodluck!

Gunachris and 485IndiaEB3

Can you tell me

1] When did you get your 2nd FP notice and when was it scheduled - if any

2] When was your case transferred to Boston ?

3] When did you get the interview notice and when was the interview [the interview date I suppose we know from the posting]

GC-by_2003

Can you tell me

1] When did you get your 2nd FP notice and when was it scheduled - if any

2] When was your case transferred to Boston ?

3] When did you get the interview notice and when is the interview

See previous pages

Hi,

We have posted all the related details in the same discussion. See previous pages to know our filing and interview details.

All the best !

YLB2 ??

YLB2 - Need Assistance

Hi,
You mentioned that you went for interview an year before and waiting for the approval notice from Boston local office.

1. Did you enquire about your interview in INS Boston office? If so what did they say?
2. While you went to get your EAD and FP after your interview, what did they say you?
3. I don't have any EAD's and AP ( expires in July) with me rightnow and have produced to the INS officer. So any idea what to do?
4. I called the INS Boston office and enquired about the interview and they said currently they are processing June 2003 I485's , so when they reach the month of Nov, 2003 (when my case transferred to local Boston) you can call us and enquire about your I485.

Now blinking and don't know what to do....

Thanks - Gunachris