Transfer to BOSTON local office: TRACKER

Thanks jigesh - case transfer thread you informed me of.

This is what I posted before.
==========================
My I-485 case has been transferred to Boston, MA - How many months for interview ???
Hi folks.

I've checked online my I-485 case was transferred to Boston, MA on December 2. I'd like to ask you a couple of questions:

(1) Does anyone know usually how long we have to wait for the
interview at Boston office from the date of transfer ????
If anyone recently had an interview at Boston, could you tell
me what was your transfer date ???

(2) Which documents do I have to bring ?? My case is under
I-485/ EB2/NIW(National Interest Waiver).

Thanks.

RD Jan 2002
ND Feb 2002
TD Dec 2003

Advance Parole - Boston Office

Hi,

Y'day i went to Boston local office to get my Advance Parole. I got it approved on the same day and got it in hand.

I also asked the officer about my case transfer.

She said it will take 3 to 6 months to get my interview date.
I posted my change of address to INS. It reached INS 3rd day after posting the address change letter. But the address is not changed in my case. She said that is not a problem. Since they have updated with new address request change, INS will refer to the new address to send any letters. I don't know why they are not showing up immediately. Guys my suggestion is don't change your address often that will take your case approval a longer time.

Re: Advance Parole - Boston Office

Hi Gunachris, thanks for the info... I have another question.

Here is my question as to "3 to 6 months" in your message.
Which one is correct ?? (1)? (2)? (3)? or (4)?
(1) 3 - 6 months "from now" to receive the "interview-call letter"
(2) 3 - 6 months "from now" to have your "interview"
(3) 3 - 6 months "from case transfer date" to receive the "interview-call letter"
(4) 3 - 6 months "from case transfer date" to have your "interview"

thanks.

==================================

Originally posted by Gunachris
Hi,

Y'day i went to Boston local office to get my Advance Parole. I got it approved on the same day and got it in hand.

I also asked the officer about my case transfer.

She said it will take 3 to 6 months to get my interview date.
I posted my change of address to INS. It reached INS 3rd day after posting the address change letter. But the address is not changed in my case. She said that is not a problem. Since they have updated with new address request change, INS will refer to the new address to send any letters. I don't know why they are not showing up immediately. Guys my suggestion is don't change your address often that will take your case approval a longer time.

Interview Letter

Hi,

It is No. 3.

You will receive the letter from 4 to 6 months. That is what INS officer told me. Also i came to know from many of my friends and forum that if you receive the letter interview will be within 1 to 2 months from the receving date.

Hope it was helpful,
Guna

Received Interview Letter

Received my interview letter yesterday.

Lettter says -

You are scheduless to be interviews on March 10, 2004 at 1.30 PM. You must bring the following items to the interview: All original documents, passport, I-94 arrival/departure record, medical examination report (if not previously submitted), Documentation of your qualifications for permanent residence and ____.

*** I dont know why the ___ is there? Is it usual?

Also received 2nd FP notice along with the interview letter. Its scheduled from Feb 10 - Feb 18, 2004 anyday.

485indiaEB3,

That is a standard letter and I got exactly the same format. dont worry. Just take all the original docs with you. For us the officer asked for original I-140 and SSN cards for both. Interview was only 15 minutes. Nowadays even the cards are coming in 30 days. So just relax and put all the docs together.

I will update your info into the spreadsheet one of these days. Got too busy buying a home and moving :)

Good luck,

toughdba.

Interview Date

Hi Friends,

My lawyer received my interview letter date y'day (dated Dec 4th) for me and my husband interview on March 8th at 3.00 pm in Boston INS office. States to bring all the related documents.

I also got 2nd finger print notice scheduled between Feb 10th - 18th any time with my interview letter. Within 24 days of my transfer i got my interview letter. It is so fast. Also FYIm it has my old address only. So guys my advice is don't change your address once you file your I485.

Thanks,
GunaChris

Do I need to take photographs for the interview in Boston?

Guys,

I've interview scheduled this week in Boston. I've a question regarding photographs. INS asked me to bring all the original documents, I-94 with passport, and employment letter. INS didn't ask me explicitly to bring photographs in the interview letter. So, what do you guys suggest? What is your experience?

Did the guys, who are done with the interview recently, carry the photographs?

I'll update my interview experience as soon as I am done.

Thanks for your opinion.

Just contacted Congressman John Olver office

Today I called to the congressman John Olver office. I explained that more than 2 years and 4 months have passed since I submitted my AOS application, and almost 9 months have passed since the interview in Boston, and the case is still pending. A man that I talked to was very courteous. He listened to the whole story, took my contact information, and promised to e-mail to Boston CIS.

YLB2.

Interview experience

I just finished my Interview. Here's what happened.

Reached JFK at 8AM
Gave Interview Letters to the reception at 8:30
Officer calls us in at 9:00 (Interview Time on the Notice Letter)
We take Oath

Q&A

Officer: Please sign on the "no lawyer with me form"

me: OK

Officer: Who is your employer?

me: XXXXXX

Officer: Do you have employment letter for the new employer

(AC21 case, i changed employers after 180 days)

Me: Yes, here it is.

Officer: Do you have current pay stub?

ME: Yes, how many months do you need.

Officer: One.

Officer: Have you traveled out of the country after applying for adjustment.

Me: Yes

Officer: Can i see the AP

Me: Yes

He then wrote something down from the AP and then asked me that standard questions like, have you been arrested, deported etc.

Officer: Ok, I am done with you, I will send a letter once i make a decision. Do you have any questions?

Me: (In my mind, OH NO!!!) How many days will this take?

Officer: I will finish it within a day or so.

Me: OK, thanks

Interview for my Wife

Officer: Have you travelled outside the country?

Wife: yes

Officer: AP please - He then starts writing down something

Officer: Do you have current employment letter.

Wife: yes, here it is.

Office then starts asking the reqular "arrest, deport " questions.
Then he says, I am done. do you have any questions.

Wife: what is the next step?

Officer: I will make a decision and then send out a notice.

Wife (gets pushy at this point): How long will it take?

Officer: maybe tomorrow

Wife: What else is pending to make a decision

Officer: I have to check for Visa numbers, I will do that this afternoon and then send out notice

Wife: Does this mean we are approved?

Officer: Smiles and says "can be approved"

Both of us got up and thanked the officer.

The whole process took no longer than 20 minutes.

Now the wait begins. If anyone has any questions, I will be glad to answer

Sigh!!

GreenBoston.

RD - 12/28/01
ND - 1/15/02
First FP - 3/18/02 or so
TD - 6/10/03
TD notice recd. 7/7/03
Second FP - 12/18/03
ID- 1/23/04
EB3-MA-AC21 case

How long does it take to get the card after approval?

Hi Guys,

How long usually it takes to get the card after case approved with interview. Any idea?

If case is transferred from another service center to Boston, who would send the card, VSC or another service center. Just share the information if any body has any idea.

Approved

I received approval letters for both me and my wife in today's mail.

That was quick, the officer did stick to his word.

Anyways, thanks toughDBA for your support and Rajiv Khanna for this portal.

- GreenBoston

Question

Our case was filed at TSC.

Here is my current status.

On January 29, 2004, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to an office in VERMONT SERVICE CENTER for processing. Our office in VERMONT SERVICE CENTER will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete. You should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office. Please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283 to receive information about local office processing times.

What does this mean

is it transferred to VSC or Boston(Local Office).

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Approved

GreenBoston ,

Congratulations for being approved!

My case is also being transferred to Boston local office. I was told that lucky guys can get apporived right away, some others will be waiting forever, and can't make inquiry within one year. From your experiences, can you talk a little bit for how to prepare the interview? How to judge if the officer is going to approve it or not if he said they will make decision later on? Did you ever hear anybody being denied during interview? Thanks.

GCC_2004

Originally posted by GreenBoston
I received approval letters for both me and my wife in today's mail.

That was quick, the officer did stick to his word.

Anyways, thanks toughDBA for your support and Rajiv Khanna for this portal.

- GreenBoston

Passport Stamped

Here are the details.

We (me and my wife) reached USCIS at 6:30AM this Wednesday (Yday) Brrrr it was cold. There were about 30 people ahead of us.
At 7:00AM they started letting people in. We reached the security gate at about 7:20AM.

Now the line inside had swelled up to more than 30 people, maybe 50 (does anyone know if there are two ways to get in??).

At 8:00AM we were at the reception desk. She asked us how she could help us. I said we need to get our passports stamped. She asked us for our passports and approval letter. Then she asked for work permit (EAD) and for travel documents (AP). We handed everything over. She say wait for a minute.

A minute later she handed our passports and said we are all set and can travel and work based on the stamping. Thats when i realised that i did not need to get the waiting ticket no and then look at those damn digital counters for two hours. I thought to myself "Yahoo! I am almost done with this GC process".

GCC_2004,

To answer your questions.

1. Preparing -

To be very frank with everyone, about four - five months before my interview date i stopped visiting this website, bcos I realized that the more information i had, the more nervous, tense and anxious i became. It depends on person to person, i guess.

Also, I work for a large company now, so had a great employment verification letter, have never been out of status and had all the documents I think they could ever ask for.

And from the day the case case got transferred my lawyer insisted that the transfer was just a formality, to go with all the documents and no reason not to get the approval.

2. Judging

I guess the best way to find out whether your GC is approved or no at the interview is do something like what my wife did. Asked the officer every question she could come up with to see if the officer would outright say approved / rejected. And I guess his answer was the best we could get. (see my interview exp posting)

I have also seen a few senior guys here waiting for several months after their interview for a decision. But mine is the third interview i personally know where a decision was made immediately or within a few days.

And No I have never heard of a rejection to date. I guess that is very very rare.

Good luck with your case, and i am sure you will get your GC.

-GreenBoston

Re: Passport Stamped

GreenBoston ,

Thanks for the description in detail, it is very helpful to me. Since my attorney didn't want to spend his time for helping me to prepare the interview, I have to find helpful information online. The problem is, my attorney said that they might find some problem of my case, but not sure what it is, it made me nervous.

Thanks for your reply again. Wish you good luck for everything!

GCC_2004

GCC_2004,

To answer your questions.

1. Preparing -

To be very frank with everyone, about four - five months before my interview date i stopped visiting this website, bcos I realized that the more information i had, the more nervous, tense and anxious i became. It depends on person to person, i guess.

Also, I work for a large company now, so had a great employment verification letter, have never been out of status and had all the documents I think they could ever ask for.

And from the day the case case got transferred my lawyer insisted that the transfer was just a formality, to go with all the documents and no reason not to get the approval.

2. Judging

I guess the best way to find out whether your GC is approved or no at the interview is do something like what my wife did. Asked the officer every question she could come up with to see if the officer would outright say approved / rejected. And I guess his answer was the best we could get. (see my interview exp posting)

I have also seen a few senior guys here waiting for several months after their interview for a decision. But mine is the third interview i personally know where a decision was made immediately or within a few days.

And No I have never heard of a rejection to date. I guess that is very very rare.

Good luck with your case, and i am sure you will get your GC.

-GreenBoston [/B][/QUOTE]

Recd "Creation of Record.... (I181)" Notice

It says that the record has been created and an A# registered.
Also, that the cards have been ordered and we should receive it within the next three weeks.

The approval notice had mentioned that we should receive the card in 6-8 months. I guess that wasnt accurate and things are moving fast, and they ordered for the card the day after we had our passports stamped.

Cheers!
GreenBoston

Recd "Green Card"

Yeaaaah!. Recd two envelopes with cards for me and my wife in the email. It took just a few days after receiving notice of "creating a record".

Signing off Houston.

:D GreenBoston