Transfer to BOSTON local office: TRACKER

Congratulations cyj2002!!!

Hi Cyj2002,

Congratulations on successfull interview/approval. Good luck to everyone who is waiting for Interview/approval. Please update this thread when you get your plastic or any other correspondence from BCIS. Even I had a good experience during the interview. It was simple and straightforward.

Regards,

Toughdba.

To greencard001

i greencard001, I did not take my attorney with me although the INS officer asked whether my lawyer would attend.

Transfered to Boston local office

Hi all,

Today my online status changed to "Transfered to local boston office". I didnt not change my residence or job after applying for I-485 at VSC. I don't understand why the case has been transfered to local INS office (in boston).
Wondering how long it would take to get appointment. From what you guys have posted here it looks like it would take 6-8 months for the interview!
someone with similar experience please advise..
Krish

RD 03/08/02
ND 03/27/02

Hi Akrish,

Please some more details like where filed from etc., so that I can update this thread.

Thanks,

toughdba.

Hi Toughdba.
Thanks for your reply. here are my details:

EB3, MA filed at Vermont Service Center.

RD - 03/08/02
ND - 03/27/02

My status was "processing has resumed on your case" for a long time and recently changed to "Transferred to boston INS office"

Thanks,
Krish.

akrish,

Boston typically takes 3-6 months for the interview. No logic is followed in scheduling interviews. Some people are lucky to get it within 2 weeks and some people like me after 6 months. Anyway, just start preparing all the documents and put it into an orgranized folder. Its a tension to wait anticipating the interview but when it happens, it gets over within 15 minutes.

So good luck and take it easy.

Have a good weekend.

Tougdba.

required documents

Hi ToughDBA,

Thanks for your answer.
Could you tell me all documents that I need to have for the interview? I dont have the original of any of 140,485 related documents with me. I do have my EAD, AP etc, everything else is with my lawyer. So Let me know what all I should have ready.

Thanks in advance,
Krish

Boston office transfers...

Hi friends,
Any one with local office (boston) transfers?

My case got transfered 16th September, no news till date. Any ideas on how long it will take to get a letter from local office?

ToughDBA, could you PLEASE provide me with details that I asked in my prev post?

Thanks,
Krish.

two cent opinions

Hi akrish,

I went to Boston Office to ask for the info regarding my interview
exactly two months after my case was transferred to local and did
not get interview appointment. I got the interview letter one week after the visiting and it may be a coincidence.

As per the documents you need to take, it is really hard to predict.
I didn't carry I-485 approval notice since my lawer did not send it.
That was my concern before I went there. But the officer did not even ask the notice.

SO read the postings in this and other threads and you will find
some answers to your questions, but for God's sake you are not expecting to get perfect answer since there is no identical case.

Good luck.

Got interview letter and 2nd FP notice.

Hi cyj2002,

Thanks for your reply. I checked my mail today and got a interview letter and a 2nd finger print notice.

2nd FP needs to be done between 21st and 28th OCT & my interview date is on 10th Nov.

Few questions for you:

Did your passport got stamped the same day?
What are the documents that you took with you?
what questions were asked?

My case is a little different. Since I filed my wife's 485 seperately, she is still in waiting status, she didn't get any letter and her case is not transferred. I'm planning to take her with me any ways.

Thanks in advance for your reply.
Krish

RD- 03/08/02
TD - 09/16/03
Interview Letter received - 10/19/03
2nd FP - 10/21/03
ID - 11/10/03

Hi Akrish,

You are one of the lucky ones who got the interview scheduled so fast. Start preparing all the documentation required. Arrange it properly in a folder and take another folder with photocopies in it. They may ask only a few things but then it is really worth it to take the effort so that you dont have to sweat there.

For us they asked 1. The origingal I-140 approval letter
2. SSN'
3. Passport.

The interview was only 15 minutes long.

You case is a little bit different cos your wife was not transferred.

Anyway, Good luck for the interview and prepare all the docs.

Take care,

Toughdba.

I-181. Welcome notice recieved

FYI,

Recieved the I-181 Welcome notice for self and spouse from Vermont. It welcomes us to the United states as permanent residents and says that we will recieve our plastic cards within 3 weeks.

Thats good news for Diwali :)

Thanks,

Toughdba.

Interview required DOCS

Hi ToughDBA Congrats!

I spoke to my lawyer's office and they gave me a checklist of documents that I have to prepare for boston office interview.

The list looked strange. Its something similar to I-485 checklist.

Some of the items are:

4 Photos (immigration photos)
large color photo copies of passport
Medical exam forms ( I sent this with my 485 App)

apart from regular w2, paystubs etc

Not sure if I need all these. Anyways. I'm trying to get everything before my interview.

Krish

Got Plastic card.

Hi,

We recieved our plastic card in mail on 10/25/2003 (saturday). Atlast, the waiting is finally over for this step. Next comes the citizenzshiop 5 years down the lane. Peace for 5 yeards.

Good luck for everyone out there who is still waiting.

Regards,

Toughdba.

Case transfered to Boston

My case and my wife's case were transfered to Boston Office.

RFE received details here: http://www.immigrationportal.com/sh...;threadid=95077

On November 7, 2003, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to our office in BOSTON, MA for them to schedule and conduct your interview. Scheduling can take several months. Our office in BOSTON, MA will notify you when they schedule your interview or take other action on your case. If you need further information, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

Does anyone know how long does it take to get the interview scheduled in Boston?

My FP should be expired and not yet got my 2nd one will I be getting one?

I applied for our EAD and AP 10 days back to VSC.
Can I go to Boston office to get EAD and AP in the same day as my case is transferred to Boston and whether I have to pay again for EAD and AP fees?

Our EAD and AP case status not changed saying will get a decision in 30 to 60 days and 60 to 90 days rescpectively.

My details are

ND Jan 22 2002
RD Feb 04 2002
FP JUL 23 2002
RFE response received Oct 14 2003
Case Transfered to Boston NOV 7 2003

Approved!!!!

Hi friends,

I'm glad to tell you all that my interview in boston INS office went well and my pp was stamped today.

Went there 2 hours in advance, no use the gate kepper (security) asked me to come 1 hr later. Went there and waited for 1 1/2 to be called in. The IO came and called my name and took me inside. She was very kind initially, but once she started looking at my papers she asked many questions. The interview lasted for about 20 minutes. She asked me a lot about my current employer and the letter they gave me. She asked why the new letter and the old one (submitted with 140/485) has been signed by different people (what a stupid question?) I told her that the previous VP of the company was promoted and this new letter was signed by new VP. She said this letter doesn't seem legitimate, any one can prepare a document like this and then she smiled. I didnt know what to say. She immediately asked is there any other document that has your company name and your name. I gave her my w2. She closely examined w2 and asked me why is the salary amount mentioned in my previous employment letter different than the amount in w2. I told her that I took 2 month vacation of which 1 month was without pay. She said OK. She asked plenty of questions like this and was a little suspicious at things. I thought thats the end of the story. But finally she took my passport and went the the centerpage and pressed her hands on it. This gave a little bit of hope. She then told me that she is going to get my visa #. She went and came back in a minute. Then she took my I-94, 2 EADs (old + current) Took and then stamped my PP.

She said I will receive my card in 4-6 months. My wife applied 485 seperately so her's is still pending.

Good luck to all of you guys.

Krish.

EB3, MA filed at Vermont Service Center.

RD - 03/08/02
ND - 03/27/02
TD - 09/16/03
2nd FP - 10/21/03
ID - 11/10/03

Case Transfered to Boston INS on Sep 16 2003
Interview letter & 2nd FP received Oct 19 2003
2nd FP done on Oct 21 2003
Interviewed/approved & PP stamped on 10 Nov 2003

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi 485indiaEB3

Hi 485indiaEB3,

You probably have an idea about transfers and time taken in each step after reviewing my information in the previous post.

You probably should get your 2nd FP notice along with your interview letter. From the information in this thread and ToughDBA's excel sheet it typically takes about a month to receive the interview letter (after the case transfer)

Good luck.

Krish

congratulations

well done :) .
I guess you were with the same company throughout.
best of luck for everything.

Last edited by a moderator:
I485 case transferred to Boston local office

Hi All,

Thanks for the excel sheet. It is a great help to track it.

R.No - EAC0219651***
Recd. Date - May 18, 2002
Notice DAte - May 21, 2002
Transferred Date - Nov 10, 2003 to Boston local office

Would like to know how long does it take? Any reason for transfer to local office? I thought to apply for Advance Parole today. Since becos of the transfer can i go to local office to get the AP?

thanks,
Guna