Traking DOL list for California due to 245I Part 3

zebraus, my company has cases in nov 2001

Dates that my company has cases are :

11/09/2001
11/13/2001
11/19/2001

Tx

November cases

For some reason November cases don\'t spread evenly. For example Nov 6 and 7 have only 3 cases each - they are still pending. But Nov 8 has about 100. The situation is the same further in November. Totaly it\'s about 1000 cases left between Nov 8 and Nov 30.

Cases

Here it is the info Jitup posted couple of months ago. It\'s pretty consistent with what I have. I hope some of these cases are non RIR so the actual number of November cases under the review is less.

Here are list of applications pending each day
------------------------------------------------
R.D Date No. of Applications Pending
--------------------------------------------
22-Oct-01 32
23-Oct-01 40
24-Oct-01 56
25-Oct-01 25
26-Oct-01 123
29-Oct-01 176
30-Oct-01 52
31-Oct-01 78
01-Nov-01 27
02-Nov-01 146
05-Nov-01 95
06-Nov-01 3
07-Nov-01 3
08-Nov-01 82
09-Nov-01 132
11-Nov-01 18
12-Nov-01 1
13-Nov-01 113
14-Nov-01 1
16-Nov-01 93
19-Nov-01 42
20-Nov-01 91
21-Nov-01 74
23-Nov-01 129
26-Nov-01 172
27-Nov-01 21
29-Nov-01 43
30-Nov-01 16
03-Dec-01 216
04-Dec-01 1
05-Dec-01 92
06-Dec-01 104

DOL speed

Here it is some statistics:
DOL started Oct 22 cases on Feb 9. It took them 3 months to process 2 weeks interval. Aproximately 850 cases were done.
So another 3-4 months to finish November if the speed is the same.

some info to share on PERM

Proposed Regulations on PERM Published May 2002

The Federal Register published proposed PERM regulations on May 6, 2002. The Federal Register is the publication where certain Federal Government notices, including proposed regulations, must be made public. The PERM regulations will make significant changes in the labor certification process. These regulations were covered last week (May 03, 2002) in the MURTHYBULLETIN article, "PERM Regulations Expected Soon," available on MurthyDotCom . At the time of this writing, the regulations are not yet in effect and cases cannot be filed under the PERM provisions. The regulations will undergo a 60-day comment period following publication in the Federal Register. The Department of Labor (DOL) then will review and consider the comments before issuing final regulations. This process could take several more months.

Expected Timeframe for PERM Implementation

Even after the comment process is complete, the DOL may be unable to make the changes immediately. Additionally, according to Harry Sheinfeld, Solicitor, DOL, Employment and Training Administration, the DOL does not have the technology to implement the proposed procedures at this time. At a May 3, 2002 AILA conference, he estimated that the DOL would not have the technology required until January 2003, at the earliest.

What this means for our readers is that, for the time being, cases will be processed under the present regulations and procedures. PERM is still something for the future, although that future appears to be closer at hand.

How PERM Works

The PERM procedures essentially are designed for expedited the processing of Labor Certification applications. Once implemented, all cases will proceed under PERM rather than the two-tiered process of "regular" and "RIR" (Reduction in Recruitment, pre-advertised) cases. The thrust of the PERM program is to streamline case processing. The employer does not have to provide supporting documentation with the filing, but does need to gather this documentation should they be selected for an audit by DOL. These audits will be performed in cases meeting certain selection criteria. Some cases will also be randomly audited for quality control purposes.

Premium Processing of I-140s

The May 1, 2002 estimated start date for Premium Processing of I-140 (Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker) cases has come and gone without implementation of the program. The ISD does not have any further information as to when the program might begin. Premium processing is a procedure that allows for expedited processing of cases upon payment of an additional filing fee. It is currently used in connection with employment-based, nonimmigrant cases.

Help

Hi Guys.
Some body can help me what the number of the cases on Dec 6 2001
Because my RD Jan 22 2002 so I can start to see how many cases after Dec 6.
Thank you.

premium processing of I140 delayed

I heard the same info as SERG told:
In addition
The following was the information given by attorney office:

The INS has announced that it will not be implementing Premium Processing for I-140s at this time. Earlier this year, the agency had stated that Premium Processing for I-140s would likely commence on April 15, 2002. Unfortunately, we do not have more specific information regarding when the INS expects the program to commence.
FYI.

about perm

please go to www.immigratin.com or www.murthy.com for information about PERM.

From some DOL source estimate, the perm technology system will not be ready until Jan. 2003, and for people as us having cases pending with current SESA, we have to go through the entire recruitment process in order to refile under PERM.

Don\' worry about your H1B extension. As long as you have filed labor cert. 365 days prior to your H1B expiration, you can file for the 7th year extension.

gimme_my_GC, Please let us know once your labor is certified

gimme_my_GC, Please let us know once your labor is certified. Thanks

DOL goes by RD ?

Hello!

I have a question, I got a letter from DOL stating that my receipt date is April 24, but when I call DOL the automatic message tells me that they received my application from SESA on February 21. Which date should I take into account to calculate when they will process my case?

Thanks!

Hermione

nor sure but....

some cases with receipt date of 11/02/01 are certified on 5/1/02 while some RIR cases received on 11/05/01 are still pending.
The only conclusion that can be drawn is that, as of 5/1/02, the Dol was processing RIR cases.

DOL is working on Nov 8

Hi Guys!
I checked DOL today they are working on Nov 8.
But few cases still left from Nov 5.

most computer related cases were \'skipped\', here is one approved

Employer :
Address : PALO ALTO, CA
Case # : 09511118
DOT Code : 999.151-032
DOT Description : Computer Software Engineers, Systems Software
No. of Openings : 1
Wage / Base : $92000.00 Annually
Received Regional Office: 11/05/2001
Current Status : Certified -- FINAL ACTION On 05/14/2002.

email retrieval system

My lawyer told me that it could have a negative effect on your case if you email lcstatus09@doleta.gov every day to check the status? Is that true? It doesnt make any sense though..... it is possible to get information about any number of cases. There is no way of knowing that the email is from a applicant.