• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Tracking GC delivery via USCIS ELIS

I believed that we must rely on payment of fees and not from the physical presence on US territory.
Thank you Susie

Not if the payment is made before you enter the US. Regardless of how long it was the payment was made, the GC production process doesn't start until after you become a LPR - which is after you actually enter the US.

Helo everyone,
I just entered yesterday at dallas, texas. While checking my USCIS account status it says your immigrant visa fee recieved. How long does it usually take to go on into the system as mentioned above. And also do I have to visit SSN office in person or everythings done at POE.
Thanking you in advance.

Helo everyone,
I just entered yesterday at dallas, texas. While checking my USCIS account status it says your immigrant visa fee recieved. How long does it usually take to go on into the system as mentioned above. And also do I have to visit SSN office in person or everythings done at POE.
Thanking you in advance.

If you don't receiv your SSN card within about 10 working days go visit an SSA office. It should be done automatically but doesn't always work.
Green card usually takes 1-2 months after entry to arrive, assuming the fee has been paid before entry.

Last edited:
If you don't your SSN card within about 10 working days go visit an SSA office. It should be done automatically but doesn't always work.
Green card usually takes 1-2 months after entry to arrive, assuming the fee has been paid before entry.
Helo susieQQQ,
Sorry to bother u again. My uscis case status says your immigration visa fees received on 14 th feb 2017(which I paid online from Nepal). I entered the POE on 20 th feb. But my status doesnt show case accepted or case pending, it still shows visa immigration fee recieved. So I m worried whether I m in the right track or not. Should I be worried or be patient for a while.
Thanking u in advance...

Helo susieQQQ,
Sorry to bother u again. My uscis case status says your immigration visa fees received on 14 th feb 2017(which I paid online from Nepal). I entered the POE on 20 th feb. But my status doesnt show case accepted or case pending, it still shows visa immigration fee recieved. So I m worried whether I m in the right track or not. Should I be worried or be patient for a while.
Thanking u in advance...

Sorry I have no idea. The system they use for updates has changed since ny day.

Helo all,
Today i went to local social security office and enquired about my ssn. Its been 9 days since i have been here. The lady over there said theres nothing in the system, no application or anything else and i need to wait 3 weeks from POE to give it time to be delivered. And even to reapply i need to wait 3 weeks..
I am worried if its not in the system how will it be delivered...
I already applied for ssn in my ds260 form. But nothing was asked to me at immigration at airport regarding ssn.
Please help.
Thanking u...

Helo all,
Today i went to local social security office and enquired about my ssn. Its been 9 days since i have been here. The lady over there said theres nothing in the system, no application or anything else and i need to wait 3 weeks from POE to give it time to be delivered. And even to reapply i need to wait 3 weeks..
I am worried if its not in the system how will it be delivered...
I already applied for ssn in my ds260 form. But nothing was asked to me at immigration at airport regarding ssn.
Please help.
Thanking u...

No, they don't ask about SSN at the airport.
I'm afraid all you can do is wait the 3 weeks. By the way, if it's only 9 days (not 9 working days) then its not really surprising that you don't have an SSN yet. I think the usual wait is 10-15 working days (... the latter being 3 weeks, of course).

No, they don't ask about SSN at the airport.
I'm afraid all you can do is wait the 3 weeks. By the way, if it's only 9 days (not 9 working days) then its not really surprising that you don't have an SSN yet. I think the usual wait is 10-15 working days (... the latter being 3 weeks, of course).
Helo susieqqq,
Thank u for ur response. So the only thing now is to wait for 3 weeks. N if they dont ask about ssn do i have to file a separate one or what. Aha its a bit confusing most of the times. I guess it will take a while for me to get used to the system.
Thanking u susieqqq

Hi every body
I have an issue with my status
So every time i try to track my green card i have this message
"
Validation Error(s)
You must correct the following error(s) before proceeding:

• User-Defined Error
I entered the US on AUG 29th and i pay the fee tow weeks before entering the US .
Any body facing the same issue
Please help
Nasoully, I am having similar feedback with tracking my green card status as you had during your time. I will be very grateful if you can assist me with how you went about to rectify yours. Was there any serious issue?

Helo susieqqq,
Thank u for ur response. So the only thing now is to wait for 3 weeks. N if they dont ask about ssn do i have to file a separate one or what. Aha its a bit confusing most of the times. I guess it will take a while for me to get used to the system.
Thanking u susieqqq

They don't ask about SSN at POE because it has nothing to do with immigration or the job of the CBP officer. If it was on your form it is supposed to trigger SSN production when you enter. Sometimes it doesn't work, so if you don't get a card by 3 weeks, go back to the office. If that is the case be sure to take your passport with immigrant visa.

Helo everyone,
I am from Nepal.
Its been 2 weeks i am here in US after my POE but my USCIS CASE STATUS hasn't changed from the time i paid my USCIS immigration fees. It says " your visa immigrant fee was recieved on 14th feb 2017 and if you dont get your green card within 120 days of payment or your POE contact Uscis".....
I paid the fee on 14th feb and immediately received a confirmation letter with receipt no in it. I landed US DFW as my POE on 20 th feb.
I just want to ask whether it is normal or theres something wrong. Please people with similar experience or problem share your experience.
I will be very much thankful...
Thanking u.....

Helo everyone,
I am from Nepal.
Its been 2 weeks i am here in US after my POE but my USCIS CASE STATUS hasn't changed from the time i paid my USCIS immigration fees. It says " your visa immigrant fee was recieved on 14th feb 2017 and if you dont get your green card within 120 days of payment or your POE contact Uscis".....
I paid the fee on 14th feb and immediately received a confirmation letter with receipt no in it. I landed US DFW as my POE on 20 th feb.
I just want to ask whether it is normal or theres something wrong. Please people with similar experience or problem share your experience.
I will be very much thankful...
Thanking u.....

It's normal, relax!

It's normal, relax!
The only thing I am worried is its been 2weeks and the status has not changed to accepted or processed so far and whether my documents have been forwarded from POE to the USCIS office or not. Normally how long does it take for the status to change. I know green card will take a while but its a bit comforting to know that I am in the right track..
Sorry to bother u time and again...

The only thing I am worried is its been 2weeks and the status has not changed to accepted or processed so far and whether my documents have been forwarded from POE to the USCIS office or not. Normally how long does it take for the status to change. I know green card will take a while but its a bit comforting to know that I am in the right track..
Sorry to bother u time and again...

It doesn't change till your card is sent.

It doesn't change till your card is sent.

Hi SusieQQQ

I am not sure if you know the answer..
my wife arrived US on January 29 2017. and then in mid February she had to leave US before her GC arrived. I still hasnt received the card in mail. and I am still not seeing any updates at all in the case tracking system. Can she come back to USA without her green card? what would happen if she comes back and says she had an urgency so she had to go back.. now she is back after the urgency is resolved. would they admit her to US?

Hi SusieQQQ

I am not sure if you know the answer..
my wife arrived US on January 29 2017. and then in mid February she had to leave US before her GC arrived. I still hasnt received the card in mail. and I am still not seeing any updates at all in the case tracking system. Can she come back to USA without her green card? what would happen if she comes back and says she had an urgency so she had to go back.. now she is back after the urgency is resolved. would they admit her to US?

The "endorsed" (stamped) immigrant visa in her passport acts as a temporary green card for up to 1 year from date of entry, so she can come back with that. She will have no problem entering the US, but not all airlines understand how this works, so she should take a copy of the page from uscis that explains it. I've linked to it in the past....will do a search later of you need it.

Don't lie about emergencies or anything else to an immigration official.

Helo all,
While checking my USCIS PROFILE just found out a few days back that my US address was incorrectly entered at my POE thats why I guess SSN has not arrived so far. I updated my address and sent an email to USCIS and they replied that my address was updated and finally correct so that is good for my plastic green card. Last time I went to my SSN office and the lady over there said that I have to wait for 3 weeks from my POE to apply again. So I am goin to apply after 3 weeks again.
The lady over there asked for my I 94 and while trying to retrieve it from official i94 website it doesnt show anything. I have a stamp on my passport showing my date of entry and validity of 1 year.
How to get my i94 now and do we really need it or my passport will do...
And regarding the address the house number was wrong and the address which I received on brown envelope had everything right except for the house number which I asked the CBP officer to correct and it was still not corrected so making it an invalid address so the ssn if at all produced has not been delivered for sure anywhere.
Thanking u...

Helo all,
While checking my USCIS PROFILE just found out a few days back that my US address was incorrectly entered at my POE thats why I guess SSN has not arrived so far. I updated my address and sent an email to USCIS and they replied that my address was updated and finally correct so that is good for my plastic green card. Last time I went to my SSN office and the lady over there said that I have to wait for 3 weeks from my POE to apply again. So I am goin to apply after 3 weeks again.
The lady over there asked for my I 94 and while trying to retrieve it from official i94 website it doesnt show anything. I have a stamp on my passport showing my date of entry and validity of 1 year.
How to get my i94 now and do we really need it or my passport will do...
And regarding the address the house number was wrong and the address which I received on brown envelope had everything right except for the house number which I asked the CBP officer to correct and it was still not corrected so making it an invalid address so the ssn if at all produced has not been delivered for sure anywhere.
Thanking u...

I was under the impression I94 is for non-immigrants only?