• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Tracking GC delivery via USCIS ELIS

also i will have to check it at the local office that related to the address i added in the d260 form or can i check it at any local office as i might travel to another state
hi susie and the team,

i just received a mail from uscis that the green card was send to the address with a Receipt Number so is it includes all the family members cards or is it for one card only?
also i appreciate checking my previous questions for the SS cards:
can i apply/check for the cards status for all the family members if i traveled alone?
can i check it at any local office as i might travel to another state or i have to go to the local office that is related to the address i gave in the D260 form?

Sorry I don't actually know the answers re the technicalities of the SSA visit. Our green cards each came in separate envelopes, but we got the tracking details from the uscis website - which had a different one for each receipt number - we got one receipt number per card (for each $165 payment). I'm not sure if that is the receipt number in yOur email or if they sent you a tracking number instead.

hi susie and the team,

i just received a mail from uscis that the green card was send to the address with a Receipt Number so is it includes all the family members cards or is it for one card only?
also i appreciate checking my previous questions for the SS cards:
can i apply/check for the cards status for all the family members if i traveled alone?
can i check it at any local office as i might travel to another state or i have to go to the local office that is related to the address i gave in the D260 form?

You may be able to follow up on the SSN status from any SSA office. However, I don't think you'll be able to check for the rest of the family, especially that of your spouse's (since she's an adult).

hi every one, I arrived US before two days with 3 years and 2 months children we paid the fee for me and 3 years old child before coming to US, the new baby ,2 months old has got I-551 stamp on his passport by CBP what need to ask, how to pay $165 fee for the new baby with I-551 stamp, I think to pay the fee needs DOS and A-number, but he has no this, thank you for helping me

Hi, everyone! I've been here in the US over 6 months now and I still don't have my permanent residence card. I called them on my first months about my green card and they said that there was a delay in their system that they could not release my green card.
Another concern of mine is the immigrant fee receipt. I know I have paid it before I went here. Does anyone know where can I access my immigrant fee receipt number? I called them and they said that I must have this receipt number before they can provide service for me. Can someone post a sample photo of immigrant receipt fee so that I can find the specific form I have here?
Thank You!

Hi, everyone! I've been here in the US over 6 months now and I still don't have my permanent residence card. I called them on my first months about my green card and they said that there was a delay in their system that they could not release my green card.
Another concern of mine is the immigrant fee receipt. I know I have paid it before I went here. Does anyone know where can I access my immigrant fee receipt number? I called them and they said that I must have this receipt number before they can provide service for me. Can someone post a sample photo of immigrant receipt fee so that I can find the specific form I have here?
Thank You!

Hi guys
I kind of need some help on this am joining the Us air force i have done every thing passed but in my documents am missing the green Card i got the green card in July paid the fees in Sep came to the us in dec that's three months since i paid please is there any way i can truck this green card or email i can send i do have the USCIS receipt number i even opened up an account with the uscis but below is all i can see i have no idea what it means
thank you

RECEIPT NUMBER LAST UPDATED (MM/DD/YYYY) FORM E-MAIL ALERT MOBILE ALERT
Y Y

Hi guys
I kind of need some help on this am joining the Us air force i have done every thing passed but in my documents am missing the green Card i got the green card in July paid the fees in Sep came to the us in dec that's three months since i paid please is there any way i can truck this green card or email i can send i do have the USCIS receipt number i even opened up an account with the uscis but below is all i can see i have no idea what it means
thank you

Y Y

The GC production doesn't start until one enters the US regardless of when the payment was made. So if you only entered the US in December, it may still be a couple of weeks or months before you get the actual GC.

Information for tracking the GC, since you paid prior to entering the US:

Track Card Status:

Missing Green Card: If you do not receive your Green Card within 120 days after paying the USCIS Immigrant Fee or admission to the United States (if you paid the fee prior to arrival), please submit our online help form to request assistance. Please make sure that USCIS and the post office have your correct mailing address.

Additional ELIS/GC related issues can be found from the following link:

https://www.uscis.gov/file-online/uscis-immigrant-fee

Thank You!

Send in an online inquiry:

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/contactus

The GC production doesn't start until one enters the US regardless of when the payment was made. So if you only entered the US in December, it may still be a couple of weeks or months before you get the actual GC.

Information for tracking the GC, since you paid prior to entering the US:

Track Card Status:

Missing Green Card: If you do not receive your Green Card within 120 days after paying the USCIS Immigrant Fee or admission to the United States (if you paid the fee prior to arrival), please submit our online help form to request assistance. Please make sure that USCIS and the post office have your correct mailing address.

Additional ELIS/GC related issues can be found from the following link:

https://www.uscis.gov/file-online/uscis-immigrant-fee
Thank you Mom

Thank You!

Hi there, I had the same issue. I arrived in June 2016 and finally received my GC around Oct/Nov. I think there are delays right now in USCIS because their IT systems are giving them trouble. I saw some news a while back that several green cards were mailed to wrong addresses due to system errors. Who knows if yours was one of them. But don't worry too much. I am just speculating and you don't need to worry about their errors because it's not your fault. Still, I think it helps to keep yourself informed.

Sadly, their so-called receipt number of immigrant visa fee is a myth to most of us. I printed out and kept a copy of my fee payment confirmation page but the only thing it has are Pay.gov tracking ID and agency tracking ID. There was no receipt number given after I paid the fees. Since yours is already over 120 days, you might want to tell them the dates you paid your fee and request them to give you receipt number, or ask to speak to a higher level officer. The people who first answered your call are from helpdesk who are helpful but cannot help you beyond what you can find out from USCIS website yourself.

Another way to try to get receipt number is to go the same site you paid your immigrant visa fee and find this on the left hand side:
Already paid? No fee required?
Verify Your Identity

After you verify your identity, it might give you the receipt number.

In my case, they refused to do anything until their stated "120 days" is up, i.e 120 days after I entered the U.S. But the good news is that you don't need to wait for your GC to apply social security and driver license, which are the essentials to get yourself settled imo. Before you get your GC, you can use admission stamp on your passport (if you entered with an immigrant visa like me) as an equivalent to apply SS and driver license, which I did successfully. After you get those, your life here will start going and so, you can sit back, relax and wait for the slow grind of bureaucracy to work its magic. The problem though is many government employees are not aware that one can apply SS and driver license with passport stamp (or pretend to not know that. I am sure most are simply ignorant without any ill intent but there are definitely some bigots out there). So you might want to research and arm yourself with documentation from US government official websites that your passport with immigrant visa admission stamp is a valid proof of residency, in lieu of the actual GC. If the officer denies your application, try to politely point that out and maybe hand them the printouts from websites. Still, some might simply don't know how to "enter it to the system". Then, visiting another service center might help (in my case, I tried visiting another SS office in the region and the officer proceeded without a hitch).

An example of website that says admission stamp on your immigrant visa is an acceptable proof of residency:
(sorry, forum won't allow me to post links. So google this text "ssa - poms rm 10211.025 - evidence of lawful permanent")
B. Acceptable evidence of LPR status
"Machine Readable Immigrant Visa (MRIV) with Temporary I-551 notation"

Hope it helps and happy new year 2017! :)

Hi there, I had the same issue. I arrived in June 2016 and finally received my GC around Oct/Nov. I think there are delays right now in USCIS because their IT systems are giving them trouble. I saw some news a while back that several green cards were mailed to wrong addresses due to system errors. Who knows if yours was one of them. But don't worry too much. I am just speculating and you don't need to worry about their errors because it's not your fault. Still, I think it helps to keep yourself informed.

Thank You!

Sadly, their so-called receipt number of immigrant visa fee is a myth to most of us. I printed out and kept a copy of my fee payment confirmation page but the only thing it has are Pay.gov tracking ID and agency tracking ID. There was no receipt number given after I paid the fees. Since yours is already over 120 days, you might want to tell them the dates you paid your fee and request them to give you receipt number, or ask to speak to a higher level officer. The people who first answered your call are from helpdesk who are helpful but cannot help you beyond what you can find out from USCIS website yourself.

Another way to try to get receipt number is to go the same site you paid your immigrant visa fee and find this on the left hand side:
Already paid? No fee required?
Verify Your Identity

After you verify your identity, it might give you the receipt number.

In my case, they refused to do anything until their stated "120 days" is up, i.e 120 days after I entered the U.S. But the good news is that you don't need to wait for your GC to apply social security and driver license, which are the essentials to get yourself settled imo. Before you get your GC, you can use admission stamp on your passport (if you entered with an immigrant visa like me) as an equivalent to apply SS and driver license, which I did successfully. After you get those, your life here will start going and so, you can sit back, relax and wait for the slow grind of bureaucracy to work its magic. The problem though is many government employees are not aware that one can apply SS and driver license with passport stamp (or pretend to not know that. I am sure most are simply ignorant without any ill intent but there are definitely some bigots out there). So you might want to research and arm yourself with documentation from US government official websites that your passport with immigrant visa admission stamp is a valid proof of residency, in lieu of the actual GC. If the officer denies your application, try to politely point that out and maybe hand them the printouts from websites. Still, some might simply don't know how to "enter it to the system". Then, visiting another service center might help (in my case, I tried visiting another SS office in the region and the officer proceeded without a hitch).

An example of website that says admission stamp on your immigrant visa is an acceptable proof of residency:
(sorry, forum won't allow me to post links. So google this text "ssa - poms rm 10211.025 - evidence of lawful permanent")
B. Acceptable evidence of LPR status
"Machine Readable Immigrant Visa (MRIV) with Temporary I-551 notation"

Thank you @haha345,
I tried to check my receipt number at the same website I paid before. After verifying my Identity, it said that they (USCIS) have not received my payment and requiring me to pay the IV fee. This going to be hard for me. -_-
I know that I have paid it before I already gave them the receipt number when I called them on my first few months here and that's why they were able to say that my green card was having delays. And right now I think I misplaced the receipt number. I am from SC then went to TX to study and went back to SC to continue my study.
Ps. I already have my SSN, got college classes here, working on my driver's license and almost got a part time job but denied because my IV was expiring and like you said they didn't understand the stamp on my passport. I also notified them my address.

Happy Holidays!

Hi guys
thank you

Y Y

They start counting the time and preparing the green card after you hey here, meaning December. The recruiter will need to see the actual green card before you proceed with your ASVAB or MEPS.

They start counting the time and preparing the green card after you hey here, meaning December. The recruiter will need to see the actual green card before you proceed with your ASVAB or MEPS.

Good info in terms of your journey Guriix, congrats on been selected and living the dream in the U.S. now :)

How long should I wait to receive my green card? Knowing that I have paid the expenses since January 25 and I entered the usa on February 10.

How long should I wait to receive my green card? Knowing that I have paid the expenses since January 25 and I entered the usa on February 10.

The date you enter is the day the production process starts. Usually 1-2 months, sometimes a bit longer.