• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Tracking GC delivery via USCIS ELIS

Hello all

If you can help me about this?

Yesterday I entered in the US where I have submitted closed envelopes to JFK airport in New York. Today I made the payment of 660 $ for me and my family. To check the online status required receipt number.
Where can I get this number to check online the status in the future?
I received only the Tracking ID and Agency Tracking ID.

Thank you

Hello all

If you can help me about this?

Yesterday I entered in the US where I have submitted closed envelopes to JFK airport in New York. Today I made the payment of 660 $ for me and my family. To check the online status required receipt number.
Where can I get this number to check online the status in the future?
I received only the Tracking ID and Agency Tracking ID.

Thank you

Breathe. It'll probably take a couple of months before your green cards arrive.

Then read back to see how people have recently got their receipt # (it has changed since I did it).

Hi guys I just got a reply from USCIS, I'm gonan post it here so you have this info.

" Thank you for your inquiry dated May 2, 2016, regarding the status of your USCIS Immigrant Fee.

If you were provided a receipt number for your Immigrant Fee payment, please be aware that the “Case Status Online” tool may not recognize your receipt number or it may provide incorrect information. USCIS is in the process of resolving this issue and we apologize for any inconvenience.

You should receive your green card (Permanent Resident Card) within 120 days of your entry into the United States or within 120 days after your USCIS Immigrant Fee is received (whichever occurred later). If you do not receive your green card within this time-frame, please submit a follow-up inquiry with the Customer Contact Center by clicking on the “Contact Us” link located at https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/contactus.

Hi guys I just got a reply from USCIS, I'm gonan post it here so you have this info.

" Thank you for your inquiry dated May 2, 2016, regarding the status of your USCIS Immigrant Fee.

If you were provided a receipt number for your Immigrant Fee payment, please be aware that the “Case Status Online” tool may not recognize your receipt number or it may provide incorrect information. USCIS is in the process of resolving this issue and we apologize for any inconvenience.

You should receive your green card (Permanent Resident Card) within 120 days of your entry into the United States or within 120 days after your USCIS Immigrant Fee is received (whichever occurred later). If you do not receive your green card within this time-frame, please submit a follow-up inquiry with the Customer Contact Center by clicking on the “Contact Us” link located at https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/contactus.

Thanks - that reply is interesting because the older versions used to say 60 days - so the fact that they are now saying 120 days does imply that processing times are taking longer than they used to.

Hi all,

I have been struggling with the green card status using the USCIS elis. I moved to America in the first week of April 2016 and i paid my USCIS fees ( immigration fees) online a month before leaving the country. yet whenever i check the status of my case it states " my case was approved" what does this mean? and how long before i get my actual green card? it is going to be almost 60 days since my arrival into the country any help on the matter is highly appreciated.
I am also unable to see any link like case summary under my ellis account under my case details so any help with that would also be great.

please help urgently as i want to travel abroad for studies but i am waiting on the card.

Hi all,

I have been struggling with the green card status using the USCIS elis. I moved to America in the first week of April 2016 and i paid my USCIS fees ( immigration fees) online a month before leaving the country. yet whenever i check the status of my case it states " my case was approved" what does this mean? and how long before i get my actual green card? it is going to be almost 60 days since my arrival into the country any help on the matter is highly appreciated.
I am also unable to see any link like case summary under my ellis account under my case details so any help with that would also be great.

please help urgently as i want to travel abroad for studies but i am waiting on the card.

You should wait AT LEAST 90 days.

You should wait AT LEAST 90 days.

After waiting for 90 days do I give them a call or wait for a status change?
The problem i am having is navigating through the website so i can see my case status:
i think there is two ways to check :
the first way is to create a "USCIS online account" if i use this after creating my account , then i am not sure how to add my "case details" as it has no option to do so and i am applying for an account after i paid my immigration fees so i really need help on how to upload my case if this is the website to use to check the status.
The second way is to just put your receipt number on the " case status Online" option that doesn't require an account if i use this method then it just shows " my case was approved" so am not really sure how the others are able to see options like "optimized" or case is pending review or any other message such as "closed" as mentioned on the first page of the forum discussion.

This is also the problem am facing when looking for Case summary under my uscis ellis account which is mentioned on the first page of the forum once again so from the above two links please advise which one is the correct one.

Thank you so much for your prompt reply

hi everyone!, finally I get my GC plastic in my mailbox after arrived U.S 80 days. I haven't been able to check my IOE receipt 3 days ago and I feel something come to me.

hi everyone,

so i finally got a hold of my IOE number and when i checked the status it said "on March 15 , 2016, we received your USCIS Immigrant fee payment for your Permanent Resident Card related to your immigrant visa. We will be processing the request for production of your Permanent Resident Card. If you do not receive your Permanent Resident Card by July 10, 2016, please contact Customer Service " so my question is does it go to optimized after this or the case status doesn't change anymore and i just have to wait and am i likely to get the card on the said date.

please advise

hi everyone,

so i finally got a hold of my IOE number and when i checked the status it said "on March 15 , 2016, we received your USCIS Immigrant fee payment for your Permanent Resident Card related to your immigrant visa. We will be processing the request for production of your Permanent Resident Card. If you do not receive your Permanent Resident Card by July 10, 2016, please contact Customer Service " so my question is does it go to optimized after this or the case status doesn't change anymore and i just have to wait and am i likely to get the card on the said date.

please advise

You have a target date for your GC now. I would think it will come earlier, but there's nothing you can do till after that date - any contact before then will just result in them referring you to that date. You said you arrived first week of April, so the date they gave you is allowing 3 months for production and mailing.

You have a target date for your GC now. I would think it will come earlier, but there's nothing you can do till after that date - any contact before then will just result in them referring you to that date. You said you arrived first week of April, so the date they gave you is allowing 3 months for production and mailing.

yeah it seems like it is giving me three months from the day i got into the country i was just wondering if the case status ever changes from what it is currently to other things like optimised or your card is under production and other stuff like that as mentioned by other members.

thank you Susie for your prompt reply

yeah it seems like it is giving me three months from the day i got into the country i was just wondering if the case status ever changes from what it is currently to other things like optimised or your card is under production and other stuff like that as mentioned by other members.

thank you Susie for your prompt reply

They've changed the system from when this thread started - I personally don't know if it still goes through all those stages. It never used to give you a target date before.

hi everyone,

please advise

In my case, I got the same notice, I paid the fee on March 01, 2016 and the status didn't change anything during the time of waiting, just try to keep checking my status day by day until I get an error "User-Defined Error" on May 20, 2016 and I got my GC plastic on May 23, 2016 . When you get this error then it means your card ready to deliver to you. I think you will get it in the next few days. Don't worry and good luck to you.

They've changed the system from when this thread started - I personally don't know if it still goes through all those stages. It never used to give you a target date before.

this might probably be something new but i hope it doesn't get delayed as my entire education is currently based on me getting the green card within the said time. Just out of curiousity you aren't aware of any other way to check the status where it shows the whole card cycle right?

thank you once again

In my case, I got the same notice, I paid the fee on March 01, 2016 and the status didn't change anything during the time of waiting, just try to keep checking my status day by day until I get an error "User-Defined Error" on May 20, 2016 and I got my GC plastic on May 23, 2016 . When you get this error then it means your card ready to deliver to you. I think you will get it in the next few days. Don't worry and good luck to you.

thank you so much for the positive input i will just wait this out with the hope to find another way to track the card where it shows it in stages as my studies depend on me getting the card :(

this might probably be something new but i hope it doesn't get delayed as my entire education is currently based on me getting the green card within the said time. Just out of curiousity you aren't aware of any other way to check the status where it shows the whole card cycle right?

thank you once again

This is nonsense, your temporary green card in your passport is valid for anything you need the plastic green card for. All the green card is is evidence of your LPR status - any other valid evidence by law works the same.

Hi Susieqqq,
Sorry I know I've been such a bother with these questions but appreciate the patience you have... So my mum who was the principal applicant just got her green card today after 50 days of entry into the country however, she also got her social security card first too as we had applied through the ds 260 form but for the rest of us our names were slightly messed up in the system so we had to go to the social security office where the officer requested an amendment of our names and then made us reapply for a social security number do you think the name issue would also apply for the Green card for the rest of us?

Any input would be highly helpful

Hi Susieqqq,
Sorry I know I've been such a bother with these questions but appreciate the patience you have... So my mum who was the principal applicant just got her green card today after 50 days of entry into the country however, she also got her social security card first too as we had applied through the ds 260 form but for the rest of us our names were slightly messed up in the system so we had to go to the social security office where the officer requested an amendment of our names and then made us reapply for a social security number do you think the name issue would also apply for the Green card for the rest of us?

Any input would be highly helpful

The names on the green card will reflect what the DS form said. If this is the reason the SSN cards were wrong it will probably be the same for the green cards...and if you need to change it due to your error (as opposed to a USCIS error)I think there is a charge - I believe it is something like $450 per card. If it was just some mess up in the SSA system it will probably be ok for the green cards though.

I triple checked the name on the forms and they were perfectly correct it was just a mistake on their side maybe while inputting it they made an error even the social security officer said the same and she's like I've requested to have it corrected in our system and then we got our social security number after a few weeks so I hope it shouldn't be an issue on the green card then correct?