• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Tracking GC delivery via USCIS ELIS

Hi,

How long it usually takes for ELIS case status to change from accepted to optimized?

The tracking system (https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/Dashboard/CaseStatus.do) does not yet recognize our cases either.

We got 2014 DV visas in April, entered USA in June, and paid USCIS fee late in early July. That shouldn't impact the permanent resident status but obviously delays the process of getting the Green Card itself and social security number.

I have understood that if I would have done everything in right order I should have received SSN number in couple of weeks and the Green Card in 1-2 months from my entrance. Is that correct? I guess I should expect to receive the GC in couple of months from the date I paid the fee?

Anyway, we are not in hurry because after the initial entry we had to return to Europe to sell our house, quit our jobs etc. so the actual big move will not take place until later this year. However, it would be good to know when I shall start calling USCIS and inquiring about our case.

Thanks!

Hi,

How long it usually takes for ELIS case status to change from accepted to optimized?

The tracking system (https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/Dashboard/CaseStatus.do) does not yet recognize our cases either.

We got 2014 DV visas in April, entered USA in June, and paid USCIS fee late in early July. That shouldn't impact the permanent resident status but obviously delays the process of getting the Green Card itself and social security number.

I have understood that if I would have done everything in right order I should have received SSN number in couple of weeks and the Green Card in 1-2 months from my entrance. Is that correct? I guess I should expect to receive the GC in couple of months from the date I paid the fee?

Anyway, we are not in hurry because after the initial entry we had to return to Europe to sell our house, quit our jobs etc. so the actual big move will not take place until later this year. However, it would be good to know when I shall start calling USCIS and inquiring about our case.

Thanks!

It's usually 1-2 months after entry before you get your green card. Your late fee payment is likely to delay card issue. Once your status goes to "optimized" your case will appear on the case status tracker as well. If you go much past two months (from the later of entry or ELIS fee payment) without moving to "optimized" I'd contact USCIS.

If I understand correctly that you have not got your SSN cards yet, go to your local SS office and see what's happening. Those should have arrived within a couple of weeks irrespective of ELIS payment.

Hi All,

Thank you for the useful info posted earlier.

I'm suppose to travel to the US in less than a month, I've paid the fees and same as most of the above messages, I'm also getting "your case still pending review", and as explained this is because I didn't enter the US yet, so I have three questions here:

1- Can I (at this stage) change my address (provided earlier at the interview time)? and what is the process for it?

2- Will my SSN be issued and sent to the mail provided, even before I pass any POE?

3- Can I enter the US from any POE regardless my mail address? (for example, I mentioned an address in Miami, and I entered the US from DC or JFK).

Highly appreciate your advise..

Regards,
William

Hi All,

Thank you for the useful info posted earlier.

I'm suppose to travel to the US in less than a month, I've paid the fees and same as most of the above messages, I'm also getting "your case still pending review", and as explained this is because I didn't enter the US yet, so I have three questions here:

1- Can I (at this stage) change my address (provided earlier at the interview time)? and what is the process for it?

2- Will my SSN be issued and sent to the mail provided, even before I pass any POE?

3- Can I enter the US from any POE regardless my mail address? (for example, I mentioned an address in Miami, and I entered the US from DC or JFK).

Highly appreciate your advise..

Regards,
William

1. Yes. At the POE, the immigration officer will likely confirm your mailing address with you. If not, you should provide the updated address when you go through secondary processing so the immigration officer can make the change for you.

2. SSN will not be sent to you until you activate your LPR status by entering into the U.S. with your immigrant visa and sealed packet.

3. Yes

Hi, I am in the same boat with without showing my green card over 3 months. Please help.

I got my immigrant visa from my wife. I entered POE at Aug 08 2014. I paid $165 for card production on Jun 10, 2014 before I travelled to United States. I called USCIS several time. The last time was on Oct 20. But, nothing is improving yet until now. Very upset and what is the reason I have to wait my card so long even though I paid all of my legal fee.:confused::confused::confused:

Case status is just initial review. I don't understand how to do ELIS account. One month later when I went SSN office to make my own, I have been told my information isn't in the system. Advise me to follow up Homeland security. My wife and me went to 26 federal plaza on oct 2, 2014 to inform about my case. There, the same thing I have been told my information isn't in their system. officer told me to call 1800 number. On Oct 20, I called uscis and we could speak only customer service representative. He took all of my information and give me tracking number. Again, October 27, i called again to USCIS, there we could speak officer from transferred department. She said to 15 days. But, nothing is improving yet until the present.

My wife reviewed ELIS account when she paid $165 fee, there is " no active case" in case status . Please advise.

I can't really advise other than something is clearly wrong if you have no active case but don't have your GC. Does it show anything from any cases?
I'm not sure what to suggest, other than making an infopass appointment and see if they can figure it out. Take with the bank statement or whatever from your side from the account you used to pay the fee with, and your receipt number (which you must have if you can see anything on the case status tracker).

I have received email which includes IOE ******* upon on my call to USCIS

From,
U.S. Department of Homeland Security
P. O. BOX 851488 - DEPT. A
TEXAS SERVICE CENTER
MESQUITE,TX 75185

The status of this service request is:

A search of USCIS records indicates your OS155A, IMMIGRANT VISA AND ALIEN REGISTRATION was accepted and is being processed at our intake processing center. Please allow 90 days for the delivery of your Permanent Resident Card. If you do not receive your Permanent Resident Card within the time frame indicated, please contact customer service.

However, when I checked case status in USCIS websit by using provided IOE********* number and it shows

On September 03, 2014 we have received your OS155A, IMMIGRANT VISA AND ALIEN REGISTRATION and is being processed at our intake processing center and mailed a letter which explains how we process your case. If you do not receive it on oct 3, 2014, please contact USCIS customer service center.

Please advise what is difference between the?

1) Does it mean my information has been put in the system or still lack of my information in the system?

2) What is different between to call USCIS and infopass appointment?

3) why does it take so long to get my GC since they received on sep 03, 2014?

Ah, ignore the message on the case status tracker. The important thing is the TSC email that it is in process. It doesn't sound like actual card production has begun yet, but that should be soon. It sounds like there was a delay, maybe the file went astray, but now it seems back on track.
My experience is that the number of days mentioned is an absolute outside estimate and you should get it much sooner. They do that so that people don't call constantly :)
There is an option on case status tracker to register for sms updates - I'd suggest you do that, as it will tell you when the card is produced, handed over to USPS etc. This will also save you constantly logging onto the site to check for updates!

Hi everyone, I'm thinking of tracking my GC status to know how it is progressing, but the point is I lost the receipt number I received when I made the $165 payment. Is there a way I could go abt this? I received my SSN yesterday though.

Hi everyone, I'm thinking of tracking my GC status to know how it is progressing, but the point is I lost the receipt number I received when I made the $165 payment. Is there a way I could go abt this? I received my SSN yesterday though.

Do you still have your login for ELIS? That is all you need, it's on there.

sorry for the late reply @SusieQQQ your advice really helped.. was able to check it and it shows "ACCEPTED" thanks

Ok, good. So when it goes to the magic OPTIMIZED then your GC will be in production, and from that stage you can check the USCIS case status tracker using your IOE receipt number for more precise updates.

Is the receipt number provided after you pay the fee? Also, is there any possibility that the GC envelope be delivered to someone who hasn't yed payed the fee?

Is the receipt number provided after you pay the fee? Also, is there any possibility that the GC envelope be delivered to someone who hasn't yed payed the fee?

Yes (to state the obvious, a receipt number is provided once a payment has been received....) and no you will not get lucky and get your GC without having paid for its production.
They will start producing it when you enter but they will not deliver it without the fee having been paid.