Tracking for July RD/ND

2FP notice...finally

I just received my 2FP notice....

RD/ND - around July 25, 2002
3rd EAD/AP - around March 25, 2004
1FP - Sep 19, 2002
2FP notice received - July 6, 2004

I guess things do come thru at NSC....eventually.
:rolleyes:

You are right , my lawyer changed his office location 2 years ago and the RFE went to his old aadress and then in the trash can i guess, so thats why I did not receive RFE for 3 months till last week even though it was sent in april., finally this week received it at my home with revised dates on RFE.
They have asked for almost everything under the roof, birth certificate , W2 , emp letter with current duties , pay and potential future prospect, pay stubs, fed tax returns etc etc...Thinking of responding to all by myself...Does anyone have a format of Employer Letter which shows current duties , pay and potential future prospect? Please blank out sensitive info and kindly post it on this thread so that I can ask my employer to prepare it in the same format.

vcorcl said:
NJ Boy,
Have you received you RFE yet? Mt online status said that RFE was sent on Mar 25, but my lawyer only forwarded the RFE to me on Jun 16th, a day before due date. Better check w/ your lawyer.

Some progress

Guys,

Updates on my case:
RFE for medical generated on 6/24/04.
Status message changed to RFE generated. LUD 06/24/04.
RFE replied on 07/05/04 by next day Fedex.
Status message changed to RFE received. LUD 07/09/04.

Hoping to receive approval soon. Fingers crossed. :cool:

vcorcl thanks for maintaining the tracker.

History before above updates:
I485 RD/ND : July 2002
1st EAD/AP : Sep 2002
FP #1 : Sep 2002
2nd EAD/AP : Aug 2003
FP #2 : April 2004
3rd EAD/AP : Applied in April 2004:
EAD approved June 4th. AP approved June 25th
Status message did not change from day 1 till RFE. (~720 days)

My 485 case status has been changed to "We got your fingure prints on 9th July & processing has been resumed...etc..etc"

Can anyone please let me know the time frame(Prediction) I am looking for either generating the RFE or for approval.

Thanks.
Mugdha.

mugdha2100 said:
My 485 case status has been changed to "We got your fingure prints on 9th July & processing has been resumed...etc..etc"

Can anyone please let me know the time frame(Prediction) I am looking for either generating the RFE or for approval.

Thanks.
Mugdha.

My guess is any time. My FP notice and RFE notice arrived at about the same time.

RFE for Birth Certificate - pls help

Submitted a birth certificate with out mothers name. Also submitted affadivits from both my parents part of my 485 application

Now, I got a RFE which says:
The documentation submitted is not sufficient to warrant favorable consideration of your petition/application. The following information is required.
You must submit a written statement from a competent civil authority in India that your birth certificate is not available in that country, only then your secondary evidence is considered.

Submit any secondary evidence in your possession to support the information you have provided about your birth and parentage. Secondary evidence will be evaluated for authenticity and credibility. Such evidence may take the form of historical evidence and must have been issued contemporaneously with the event which it documents. Such evidence may include, but is not limited to medical records, school records and religious documents. Affadivits may also be accepted provided that they are sworn to by persons who were born at the time of and who have personal knowledge of the event to which to which they attest. Any affidavits must contain the affiants full name and address, date and place of birth, relationship to the party on whose behalf they are attesting if any and complete details concerning how the affiant acquired knowledge of the even.

Here is my dilemma.. My lawyer is a screw up and flip flopping on what should we submit either a non-availability certificate or a new birth certificate with full details.

On this forum a few days ago after extensive search I found a thread where a guy had scanned and posted both letters which will be helpful to you, they are straight-forward.
a)Letter from civil authority stating birth certificate is not available.
b) Affidavit from parents stating their son was born on so and so date and so and so place, their names, place etc.

I tried my best to search it for you but couldn't find it today. Try different search combinations for "birth" "affidavit" " certificate" etc

GreenGuy said:
Submitted a birth certificate with out mothers name. Also submitted affadivits from both my parents part of my 485 application

Now, I got a RFE which says:
The documentation submitted is not sufficient to warrant favorable consideration of your petition/application. The following information is required.
You must submit a written statement from a competent civil authority in India that your birth certificate is not available in that country, only then your secondary evidence is considered.

Submit any secondary evidence in your possession to support the information you have provided about your birth and parentage. Secondary evidence will be evaluated for authenticity and credibility. Such evidence may take the form of historical evidence and must have been issued contemporaneously with the event which it documents. Such evidence may include, but is not limited to medical records, school records and religious documents. Affadivits may also be accepted provided that they are sworn to by persons who were born at the time of and who have personal knowledge of the event to which to which they attest. Any affidavits must contain the affiants full name and address, date and place of birth, relationship to the party on whose behalf they are attesting if any and complete details concerning how the affiant acquired knowledge of the even.

Here is my dilemma.. My lawyer is a screw up and flip flopping on what should we submit either a non-availability certificate or a new birth certificate with full details.

Couldn't sleep wondering where that thread would be...Just got the thread which will help you very much, read the very first person's details in the link below, save and then open both attachments on your comp, it will really help you.

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=133154&highlight=Birth+NAC

Just in case if the above link does not work search using "birth NAC"

NJ-Boy said:
On this forum a few days ago after extensive search I found a thread where a guy had scanned and posted both letters which will be helpful to you, they are straight-forward.
a)Letter from civil authority stating birth certificate is not available.
b) Affidavit from parents stating their son was born on so and so date and so and so place, their names, place etc.

I tried my best to search it for you but couldn't find it today. Try different search combinations for "birth" "affidavit" " certificate" etc

vcorcl - make that 4 out of 25. :)

Guys I am happy to let you al know that I finally got my approval.

Please see full details at http://boards.immigrationportal.com...ad.php?t=134569

I am sure that the ball has started rolling and it is just a matter of days before all of you will be seeing your approvals. Lets hope we see 25/25 within a month.

For updating the tracker - I485 Approved: 07/14/04 - LUD 07/15/04. Email sent / received at 1 pm 07/15/04.

Curiously my RFE generation emails were also sent / received at 1 pm.

Best wishes.

Hi Guys,

Can we also keep the track of July filers like "Done 2FP in Apr/May/June 2004 and waiting for approval/RFE " thread? i.e to copy & paste the information from excel spreadsheet to message? It will faster to check & compare other data.
And in the comments column, Please correct my info as "for self & spouse".

Also ONLY my online message has been changed to "on 9th july, we got your FP result & processing has been resumed...etc etc".

Thanks,
Mugdha

Last edited by a moderator:
KGReddy , you seem to have replied to RFE by yourself, has your case been approved ??

KGReddy said:
CrouchingTiger2
Thanks for your time in maintaining the tracker.

As for your question , nothing happened after they received the RFE reply , except couple of last updated date changes. Just waiting for my 2nd FPs assuming my first FPs , which I gave on 12/26/02 , were expired.

Just curious anyone got approved with expired FPs.

Congrats, when did you send your RFE ? Trying to figure out a time line between the response and approval dates.
[
QUOTE=Srirangam]vcorcl - make that 4 out of 25. :)

Please see full details at http://boards.immigrationportal.com...ad.php?t=134569

I am sure that the ball has started rolling and it is just a matter of days before all of you will be seeing your approvals. Lets hope we see 25/25 within a month.

For updating the tracker - I485 Approved: 07/14/04 - LUD 07/15/04. Email sent / received at 1 pm 07/15/04.

Best wishes.[/QUOTE]

Congrats Srirangam , when did you send your RFE ? Trying to figure out a time line between the response and approval dates.
Srirangam said:
vcorcl - make that 4 out of 25. :)

Best wishes.

Similar Case

Anyone know how much time it takes to get approval after the case transfers to local Chicago office.

NJ-Boy, as I said in the full details thread, I had a very quick turnaround time on my RFE. Between the RFE generation date to me receiving it and getting the required done, and fedexing it back and USCIS registering it in their system to acknowledge recived date it was only 8 working days.

I think the RFE response reached the adjudicator even before he had time to throw my file back to the huge pile of pending files. :)

RFE for medical generated on 6/24/04.
Status message changed to RFE generated. LUD 06/24/04.
RFE replied on 07/05/04 by next day Fedex.
Status message changed to RFE received on 07/08/04. LUD 07/09/04.

LUD changed without any reason to 07/14/04 on 07/14/04.

I485 approved: 07/14/04. LUD 07/15/04